I don't care for hot beverages or foods
(4 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Other (tell us, please!)
(38 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hot chocolate with a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream. Yum. And my kitty cat. And a warm blankie. With the fireplace going.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I checked warm/hot beverage but is it just me or am I the warmest and most comfortable/relaxed right when my alarm clock is going off for work? I just know that is the coziest I'll be all day and do I hate getting up:LOL:

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Snuggling ;-)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Hey, Kathy,
I think us old farmers have it all figured out!
Going to snuggle in now.
Bernie

Seward, AK

I went for all of the above plus 4 Shar Pei plus electric blankets top and bottom (sometimes heating a down throw in the dryer) and only coffee w/Caroleans (3/4 Caroleans to 1/4 coffee) and only one of those just to get warm.

Glen Riddle Lima, PA

baby, it's cold outside.

really, really, really cold! and windy! i'll take anything warm to eat, drink, or snuggle in!

Thomson, GA

I'll ditto mininissandog's chickin n' dumplin's, followed by a close second, Carol Shelby's chili, hmmmm. with hot chili beans topped w/sour cream. Of course, I wouldn't be a TRUE blue southerner if I didn't mention the staple of the kitchen, grits, made with milk instead of water, extra creamy, w/lots of real butter. No wonder I put on weight in the winter. Yikes!

I have got to be freezing to death to drink hot liquids. I am not a coffee drinker, but I will drink a little coffee with my cream and sugar if it is reeeaaally cold. (Or if I'm outside and need something to keep my hands warm.)

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Bernie, Snuggling is something to look forward to after a whole day of chasing animals, planting plants, cleaning barns, greenhouses, watching grandchildren.....and doing all this while it is below zero!!!

Stay warm.
:) Kathy

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

COFFEE!

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

Don't you like something hot brought out to you when you are working outside? Goodness, I love it. Husband turning up with a flask of something when I'm down in the woods, or turning a new bed. Excellent. My favourite.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Coffee with hot cocoa mixed in!

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Yes, to all of the above. If it's really cold, and I'm feeling yucky from the flu or a cold, I stop by a Chinese restaurant on my way home and get chicken noodle (nurrdll) soup. It does the trick!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

All of the above and turning electric blanket up to Thermo Nuclear Explosion setting.

X

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

Nothing like a bowl of homemade chili or soup to warm the body and soul. And homemade sourdough bread too! yum yum!

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

Pyrat Rum & Coke, with a generous helping of Cuban Chicken & Rice, and a chaser of flan. Yum.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

A nice bowl of homemade soup with fresh baked bread, nice and toasty after that

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Somewhere I heard that in parts of the world (it was told to me as being in Russia), they drink Hot beverages in the summer and cold in the winter thinking that it would equalize the body to the weather. I drink hot tea, cocoa and have soups/chili throughout the year, the latter making for a lighter meal.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Home made beef stew and crusty rolls. I do love a big mug of strong coffee in morning. It is so cold here I need blankets, hot food, and could I borrow a hubby to snuggle with? :)

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

snuggling, hot baths, warm fire first then food and beverages unless absolutely unavailable. After a winter motorcycle ride, I love to get a hot cup of anything and hold it to my frozen corpse.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Polartec everything -- jacket, shirt, blanket. Warm boiled wool slippers. Cooking -- the stove warms up the kitchen and the cook. Traveling to warm climates (LA this January) and exercise indoors -- weight lifting and/or aerobic exercise -- they fix it so I don't even need a coat when I go out. Chile is always good, as is Indian food with lots of spice, but I drink coffee and iced tea year round. Coffee for breakfast, iced tea for lunch. Red wine for dinner.

Columbus, OH(Zone 6a)

How about tickets to the Bahamas?

Pasadena, CA(Zone 9b)

Lately I've taken to hot apple cider with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a dash of cloves. (But am really liking the sound of ticket to bahamas)

San Diego, CA

A nice warm jacuzzi is great while enjoying a hot apple cider toddy.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

hahaha hot flushes!!! "say on sister".....

Hot tub...mmmm... full of tubby goodness......

rub down with a leather sahmmie.... too funny... wahahahahaha

Down under??? hmm we warm up with the sheep skin boots, a billy of tea and a hot pie and sauce!

She'll be right mate!

p.s why do you'all call coffee 'Joe?'

Olympia, WA

A yummy feather quilt - and a long nap under that!!!!!!!!!! No snuggle mates around any more. Fireplace is poor producer of heat. Tomato basil soup from Safeway is pretty awesome ............ but a quilt covered nap is my number one choice!

San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

Snuggling with my love by a fire with a goblet of warm mead.

Seward, AK

According to one legend, in the past the US Navy served wine on board its ships. But that stopped when Admiral Josephus Daniels became Secretary of the Navy. Admiral "Joe" banned wine from the officer's mess, except on special occasions. Peeved sailors began to sarcastically refer to their coffee, one of the few drinks permitted, as a "cup of Joe.".

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

A nice big bowl of beans along with some pork chops.

When we were in NY, it was our "Snow Day" meal

BB

Hey cee! thanks thats pretty cool!

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

Hot cider or hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream, a blanket, a good book, my golden retriever, and my kids in another part of the house - HEAVEN!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Anything involving hot, melted cheese on it!

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

Hurry inside and stand in front of our woodstove with happy glowing fire inside.

Thumbnail by WigglyPaw

They are just the most gorgeous pooches i've seen!

move over puppies!

Lady's Island, SC(Zone 9a)

The above plus a pile of cats and dogs!

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

I love a hot bowl of cream of wheat with a little sugar and a dab of butter. Warms the insides really well and leaves such a nice full feeling.

Nana3

Cockatoo, Victoria, Australia

We swapped a lovely coonara for ducted heating, as Julia Roberts would say, BIG mistake! BIG BIG mistake!!!!!! .......... Snuggling down wrapped in quilts, with soup and sourdough bread, or a HUGE mug of hot chocolate, hot date scones with lashings of fresh butter, and/or the ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY chocolates, is a rather close estimation of heaven for me, plus the added bonus of cats who love to snuggle too........

Assonet, MA(Zone 6b)

I certainly do enjoy steamy mugs of coffee, tea, etc. but, my absolute fav ww is fleece. I love it's instant warmth, and a fleece throw is great for snuggling.

Chappell Hill, TX(Zone 8b)

Sunshine!!!!!! It doesn't feel as cold when the sun is shining.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

LOL the "hot flashes" comments above.

When I was in Savannah last summer, a little old lady working at a convenience store told me they call them "private summers" in Savannah. Of course, she pronounced it "summah" in the Southern way.

I create my "private summahs" by sitting by the fire with a glass of iced tea....weird, I know!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.