I don't care for hot beverages or foods
(4 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Other (tell us, please!)
(38 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Faversham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Hot drinking chocolate with a touch of whiskey or brandy.

mmmmmmmmm...............

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Gee whiz - I'm early today. Must have happened upon the poll just after it opened. Warming one's insides really helps and the good tastes of those choices are a bonus. Another hint I heard about recently is for keeping your hands warm - wear latex gloves under your regular ones when you must be outside. Yuska

This message was edited Feb 5, 2007 9:09 AM

Bay, AR(Zone 7a)

Where's the SNUGGLING option, Dave?

Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

All of the above plus a few kitties.

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

All of the above..... in front of the fireplace........ under soft blankets........ with dogs piled on for extra warmth.

Debra

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Put more wood on the fire!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

coffee, chili stew hubby fireplace All of the above oh and Brandy. I like that.

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

I shouldn't be suffering a chilly winter...that's why I moved to Texas (lol) but will gladly take any extra snuggles, chili, kitty cats, dogs, blankets, etc to keep me warm from this frigid winter we're having down here!

(Zone 1)

Hot Coffee, Cocoa or Tea .... but really love Hot Soup or Stew if I make it home made!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

wheres the HOT TUB option or HOT bath!!!

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

A fire in the fireplace, brandy in my coffee, a big red cat on my lap and a pot of chili simmering on the stove. Oh, I almost forgot, I also put cayenne pepper in my socks to keep my toes warm. I guess this all seems rather silly since we're having 68 degree weather today and my poor niece in Toledo has 2 degrees (yikes!) but we did have a spell of cold and I kinda enjoyed being able to use all my warming techniques for a minute.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I would have checked snuggling too.
Hot food only burns as it goes down, no lasting effect.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

I picked #1 even though I don't drink coffee or tea. Give me a nice mug of hot cocoa...preferably Ghiardhelli. some real whipped cream on the top. makes it almost worth being cold. aaaah! oh, and I shouldn't forget to mention that I have an indoor spa that's kinda nice on a day like today.

Hebron, KY

I drink alot of ice cold tea year round, including the Winter (don't laugh, lol). Once in a while during the Winter, when DH makes decaf coffee, I'll have one cup of it, then go back to drinking cold tea.

Marilyn

Edited to add.....

I only drink the unsweetened tea too, no sugar and/or sweeteners.

This message was edited Feb 5, 2007 1:41 PM

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

A nice thick homemade soup with lotsa potatoes and carrots cooked almost to mush.
Yumm. And a nice fire to sit in front of. Oh, migoodness, I forgot - no fireplace for the fire. Ouch, now that's a fine mess. ~Blooms ;-)

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Nah what you need is a nice rub down with a shamy leather. lol

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Coffee. I think my body requires it like oxygen.

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

notmartha: How could I forget the hot bath! Oh divine, especially if you can enjoy a garden or jacuzzi tub!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

nice cup of Joe for me. I'm a coffee junkie. (Lucky my kid works for a coffee shop - so i get it free)
add just a touch of chocolate to it too... or lots of decaf espresso and frothed milk.... YUM.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Coffee really hits the spot, but I checked 'all of the above' because they're all so good, even hot oatmeal! I like the others' ideas too! Hot tub: definitely, brandy: absolutely, snuggles: without a doubt! and so on and so on...

Harper

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Tea warms me up. Coffee does not. I don't know why.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

All of the above got my vote, but with out a doubt, my favorites are soups, stews and chili. Perhaps because I tend to make them only in the cold of winter.... Yummmm... what's for dinner?

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Soups and stews here. We've made tons of home made chicken soup, tomato soup, beef stew and chowder. We double the recipe and freeze the other half for a later time. We just finished the last of our potato and leek soup yesterday and it was awesome!

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

A big ole bowl of hot spicy chili is #1 on my list, along with a flannel blanket on the recliner. LOL

Selma, AL(Zone 8a)

I'll take the hot drink, warm blanket and a fireplace. Sounds good to me.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Add Mr. and Mrs. Bunny! (My fuzzy houseshoes.) But when you're thoroughly, entirely chilled to the marrow, nothing will do it like a hot bath.

Aquebogue, NY(Zone 6a)

Hot tea, OR chocolate with a cool magazine full of plants, so I can dream in this 1 degrrrrreeee weather.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Definitely all of the above and even better if a fur-baby is included. :) (Making 5 gallons of pea soup in the morning, any takers?)

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

You bet! With a ham bone?

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

I've been getting by on hot flashes, LOL.

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

Coffee and tea also.
Yasir

Marshall, MO(Zone 5b)

Notmartha,
The hot tub ain't hot no more, its a mini skating rink.
My vote is for all the above plus one good stiff drink and stay inside as much as I can stand.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Morning: Cream of Wheat

Midday: Mom's beef stew

Evening: Cabernet Sauvignon by the fire :-)

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

Irish coffee...Mmmmm.....

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

I voted for hot coffee, tea and sometimes cacao but there is nothing like a big bowl of steel cut oatmeal with cream and maple syrup when getting up on a very cold morning

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Tea for me.

"preheat" the bed with an electric heating blanket..... Now that's comfort..... Fall asleep with it on and that's too hot!!

Susan

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

A warm fire in the fireplace,, some good soup or casserole and a family movie with my DH and two little ones with popcorn. Just hate it when bedtime has to come we have so much fun. Only thing I dont like is when the 2 y.o boy takes the cushions off the couch. Funny, I sit on the hearth and the kids sit on the couch! Except for when they are eating with us at the hearth. :)
Cant wait for spring. Snow is coming but the frigid temps. mean even the kids cannot sled ride. Just too arctic cold. Flowerlou

Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

Umm good ol' homemade Chicken and Dumplin's are the BEST cold winter food ... I love coming in and cuddling up with a bowl and soo easy too!

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

podster - of course! (with a ham bone) lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.