Feb. Bingo Game: Plectranthus themeBingo Calls!!!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow! Can you believe it's February already? Time for the next game to get started and there's still time to get your card in until midnite, Thurs. Feb. 1st. I know I'm excited to get the game started!

Prizes are as follows:

1st - $20 Gift Cert (donor - KWZ7NC - snboyken will handle prize)
2nd - $15 Gift Cert (donor - stownes- snboyken will handle to prize)
3rd - Houseplant (donor plantladylin - she will pay shipping and handle prize)
4th - $10 Gift Cert (donor - Nan and snboyken - snboyken will handle the prize)
5th- Small plant: Plectranthus verticillatus - White Flowers (donor-Allison_FL-she will pay shipping for this prize)
6th- Cuttings: Plectranthus oertendahlii (donor-Nan-she will pay shipping for this prize)

I will begin calls tommorrow (Friday, Feb. 2) and will call no certain number or particular order. I will probably use the strategy from Sharon where I'll call numbers off from the original list, rather than the name.

If you have pictures, we'd love to see them! Personally I am a beginning gardener, and most things are new to me!

Thanks to moretz, for being the card holder, and snboyken for handling prizes!!

Also a big thanks to: stwones, plantladylin, Nan, snboyken, and Allison_FL for donating prizes!!

Let the game begin!!

This message was edited Feb 2, 2007 11:37 AM

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Reserved for bingo calls and updates:
2/2--Lime Light
Zulu Queen
Australis
2/5--Nicodemus
Winslow
2/6--Lemon Twist
Fructicosus
Jolly Green Giant
2/7--Argenteus
Thyrsoideus
2/8--Silver Spur
Variegated Cuban Oregano
Barbatus
2/9--Green and Gold
2/12--Prostratus
Mountain Mist
Cosmosus
2/13--Socotranus
Royal Beauty
Big Wooly
Emma
2/14--Cuban Oregano
Verticillatus
Ecklonii
Louis Woodhull
Cremeus-sp
Coleoides
Nicoletta
2/15--Marginatus
Mona Lavender
Troy's Gold
2/16-- Aureus Variegatus
David Feix

Congratulations on our 1st, 2nd, 3rd 4th, 5th prize winners!

1st-RDT
2nd-JanetS
3rd-Allison_FL
cedarnest won and kindly forfeited her prize
4th-snboyken
5th-dispatcher1
makshi won and kindly forfeited 6th prize

This message was edited Feb 15, 2007 9:07 PM

This message was edited Feb 16, 2007 3:32 PM

This message was edited Feb 16, 2007 4:22 PM

This message was edited Feb 16, 2007 4:51 PM

This message was edited Feb 16, 2007 9:33 PM

This message was edited Feb 17, 2007 8:47 AM

This message was edited Feb 18, 2007 5:23 PM

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Good Morning Everybody!!

Let's kick it off with:

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Ya'll, mortez's mom is sick, and she posted the following on AV:
"well it is a bloodclot but not a big one and the dr said its nothing to worry about but she is going to call her dr today to see what she needs to have done and then she will call me when she hears from him i will keep you all posted,and you all might need to find someone to do the cards just in case something comes up and i wont be here to do it,but will be here as long as i can ok? thxs for keeping her in your prayers,she needs it right now and she has this
[HYPERLINK@www.arthritis.ca]
on top of the bloodclot, she is getting to where she cant walk and that is bad,cant even open a jar of beans(took her 30 min. the other day ) because she cant stand for very long,shes only 65 be 66 this year thxs"

Just wanted to let everyone know-I'm going to be optimistic and pray for her to get better soon.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh, I hate that Moretz! I will keep you both in my prayers! I am off to my usual start...;( not this one for me!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Everyone, sounds like moretz's mom is better, will still have some pain but not as bad as it could be. I'm very happy to know that.

Ya'll are too quiet over here!
Want another call?

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Great news for Moretz. Ok you talked us into it...We would Love another call : )

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Yay - I had the first one :-)

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH yeah the game has begun and yes it isent as bad as we thought and thank god and DG"S for that thanks guys/gals for all the prayers,
ok if i was playing (hehehehhee) it wouldnt be quite over here lol good luck to everyone
and thxs again for everything
moretz

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

OK, I'm sure ya'll can figure this riddle out:

African Matriarch

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Oh so now the riddles begin! Had to run and look at the master list!! LOL Is it Zulu Queen? I don't have that one : (
This is Fun! : )

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

That's good news, Moretz.

I agree...the riddles make for more fun!

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

So is Zulu Queen also 'called'?
First was Lime Light, right?
I have them both!!!!!

Susan
=^..^=

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, both are called. I only had Lime Light.

Sharon

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

ZULU>>>>ZULU>>>>YEA!!!!! I am off and running....with spear in hand!!!! LOL

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

You guys are pretty quick!

Last call for the day (or is it?) is the only plectranthus that I know of that also shares the last name of a cordyline.

If ya'll holler too much, I'll give you the answer-but see if you can find it first...

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

What the @#$!#$$#@$@ !!!! LOL, I don't even know what a cordyline is...I had a line that was made of cord I used to dry clothes on....LOL cordyline? LOL Okay some of you educated plants lovers....help me out here....hmmmmm....??????????????

BINGO!!! LOL

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Cordyline, also known as Ti Plant....LOL

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

LOL Janet I don't know what a plectranthus is........ROFLOL

Susan
=^..^=

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

OK, I'll help a little-you can look up cordyline in plantfiles and get the answer.....

Or, continue to holler until I feel sorry and help out-LOL

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

Tropicanna
check your dmail please

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Gotcha back, moretz :)

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Fructicosus!!! YEA!!!!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Ohhhhhh I have a Headache!! LOL This is going to be harder than I thought.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Janet, you were very close! And it was my fault for not thinking of Cordyline Fructi-whatever, I can't spell it.
I can only be difficult for so long.

It was Australis :)

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

And you all thought I was bad, you make me look easy.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Heehee! I doubt I'll have the time or energy to be that clever as time goes on--sorry for those who looked and didn't have that one. I love games!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Boo hoo ...;'( didn't have that one....either... zero for two...now...LOL fun game... I am so in the dark here...LOL

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

But Janet, you learned what a cordyline was (beautiful plants, some of my faves), and that HAD to be worth the trouble! LOL

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Well shoot - I actually had to work for a while and missed all the fun! LOL I didn't know what a cordyline was either. Are there going to be calls on the weekend?

Sharon

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I can't guarantee........LOL

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Well at least I have one on opening day....Susan, you had two! That is great!!! Fun game!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

The next call is the name of a character in "The Secret of Nimh". Anyone who has kids or read the book has the advantage!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, I have kids and have read the book and have no idea...you didnt take memory into consideration did you..I am lucky to remember the name of my kids...LOL

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

My boys have read the book, however they are at school and I can't ask them. I have two so far.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Nicodemus...I have it...LOL

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Number 8...that is...

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Good Job, Janet!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks, I had to google though..LOL

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

#4 is the next call

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.