Feb. Bingo Game

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey all!
We are planning the Feb. Bingo game and looking for interested participants. The theme will be : Plectranthus!

****There is no pay-in fee to play this game, however, if you feel like donating a prize, I imagine the participants would appreciate it. Please dmail snboyken if you have a prize you want to donate.

Please post your interest in the game. The more, the merrier!

-----How to play: I have made a list of 35 plants posted below, of which you pick 15 of them. This is your "card". You Dmail your card to moretz with "Houseplant Bingo" in the subject line. Cards need to be in by Thursday Feb. 1st. I will begin calls on Friday. I will call out one, two or however many numbers per day, which you mark off your card. The first one to have all 15 called wins and calls "Bingo". This will keep going as long as we still have prizes to distribute.

The game will begin on Friday, Feb. 2nd. I will edit this as time nears. Thanks so much, and enjoy the game!

This message was edited Jan 28, 2007 12:26 PM

This message was edited Jan 29, 2007 9:53 AM

This message was edited Jan 30, 2007 8:44 AM
edited again cause I forgot what month we'll be in

This message was edited Jan 30, 2007 9:04 AM

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

This is the rough master card, from which I'll call #'s-If I misspell or repeat anything let me know.

1. Amboincus-Var. Cuban Oregano
2. Mona Lavender
3. Troy's Gold
4. Winslow
5. Iboza
6. Aureus Variegatus
7. Big Wooly
8. Nicodemus
9. Silver Spur
10. Zulu Queen
11. Nicoletta
12. Mountain Mist
13. Royal Beauty
14. Argenteus
15. Jolly Green Giant
16. Cuban Oregano
17. Coleoides
18. Verticillatus
19. Australis
20. Prostratus
21. Louis Woodhull
22. David Feix
23. Marginatus
24. Socotranus
25. Lemon Twist
26. Cremeus (SP?)
27. Ecklonii
28. Barbatus
29. Lime Light
30. Cosmosus
31. Green and Gold
32. Thyrsoideus
33. Fructicosus
34. Dolichopedes
35. Emma

Remember, calls will begin on Feb. 2, and can occur at any time of day, in no particular order.

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Did you know Host/Sponcor and card holder do not play .

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

ill be the cardholder ok? i will try my best to not get them mixed up thxs so much
moretz

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Mortez your awesome ! You'll be getting an swesome big goodie box from me for Winning Av Bingo this mont Jan ! it will hold you over until March games :))
Thanks so much !

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks, moretz, should we say Dmail your cards to you by Jan.1st-Wed. ?

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

when ever you want to send.looks like i will be home lol,my duaghter has the flu and running 101 temp.so i will be here to get them when youre ready.but if i dont show up to much in the next day or so you will know why im not here ok? cant wait for this to begin sounds like so much fun
allison, thxs for the goodie box and i cant wait to get it,i just wanted to help this time and not play(even though playing is fun) i remember someone saying"ok i am tired of hitting the refresh button lol." i thought i was the only one doing it and i busted out laughing when i read that and said to myself that im not the only one doing this either lol rofl,wether if i would have won or not it was still fun and now i can say that i have won something but before this bingo game i have never won anything in my life and if felt so good and i just wanted to give someone else that feeling that i had so good luck to all the people who is playing in this one you will LOVE IT
moretz

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Moretz,you are a real sweetie.Thanks for holding cards for both games.Hope your daughter is better soon.This definitely will be another fun game.

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

cedarnest
thxs i LOVE DG it is such a great place to be when you want to feel loved or learn about new plants or just make great friends or find someone to talk to when you need it,i just love it here and im glad that i could help out this time,and hope i can in the future, everyone have fun and will see you all soon and thxs i hope she gets to feeling better soon,
moretz

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Mortez praying for your daughter and you ! Hope she feels better soon.
Allison

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

Allison thxs

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

***When sending in your cards, will everyone please mark "Houseplant" in the subject line? moretz is card holder for 2 bingos, and it will be much easier to keep up with. Thanks everyone!

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

kwz7NC
thank you so much, and we are off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
good luck everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and have fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I will handle the prize if you want me to.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks so much, SHaron, I probably still have your adress from the other game, and will send it out to you this week.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Looks like there's three players so far!

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Everyone is also well come to play the Bingo in the African violet/forum too ! :))
Get the word out to your Dg friend more would love to play I'm sure :))

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

If anyone wants to donate a prize, please dmail me. I am getting the prizes set up. Thanks. I just signed up so we have a least 4 now. Dmail your friends to join.

(Zone 1)

I'm skipping the House Plant Bingo Game for February. I am playing AV Bingo this time, but may have to be out of town for a couple of weeks in February, so I don't think I could handle two different games.

I am donating a house plant as one of the prizes for this game.

I can't believe there are so many different Plectranthus ... hope people will post photo's. Is Swedish Ivy a Plectranthus? I got one in a DG trade and was thinking that I remembered it as Plectranthus, but I'm not certain.

I know this will be another Fun Bingo Game .... Good Luck To Everyone!

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

I'll play!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Great stownes, welcome!

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

I'm in, and have notified Sharon that I'll contribute a little to the 'prize pot'.
Glad you're not requiring anyone to contribute, as I certainly am one who knows that there are times it just isn't possible.

moretz...just wanted to warn you that you've really got to be 'on top' of things at the very end....so I'm suggesting that maybe you and kwz7nc keep in communication, perhaps kwz could let you know in advance of the calls she'll make.
That would make it much easier for you since you're handling 2 sets of cards for 2 games.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Nan, we're glad to have you!

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

Nan
yes it will be exciting at the end lolthat is when i really get to "play" lol cant wait

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I changed my name, used to be kwz7NC- thought I'd let everyone know! Went for my favorite flower-cannas.

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

LOL!! I was wondering who the 'new person' was!!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks Allison, for letting me know how to do that. I feel like I have a new hair color or something (hey, never tried that either!) !

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

LOL kwz7NC..oops I mean Tropicanna. I Love your new name as that is my absolute favorite canna! : )
Nancy

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Your Well Come !I like your new name !

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Ooh, I'd love to play! Lali very sweetly sent me a bunch of different plectranthus cuttings last year... what a varied group of plants! I love the foliage, but I admit I'm still trying to make up my mind about the scent.

I'll get my card in right away... If you decide you want to limit the game to folks who are more active in this forum, that's fine too, I can just let moretz know to disregard my card.

Thanks!!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Nonsense Critter.Everyone is welcome to play.The more the merrier! Happy to see you playing. Good Luck : )
Nancy

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes, the game is open and we need more participants! Thanks for playing!

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

I got some plectranthus cuttings from Lali last year too. They root -real fast and scampered around our garden bed so happy just blooming away. And then we had one variegated one.
When we moved next door Nov 2006 we just took small cuttings. Their doing real good.
This one has white flowers I now have this and two other small ones rooting . I forget its name. But these plants are neat I'm going to get a few more come Spring !
Isn't it a cutie ! It will go in our garden bed a the prettiest ground covering ! It's in a 4 inch pot and the cutting grew so fast I took cuttings off of this plant and have two others growing sense Dec !

Thumbnail by Allison_FL
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Very nice! I've had a few plectranthus but always hurt them into winter. Cuban Oregano was my latest kill-just didn't get around to bringing it in this winter. Keep those pics coming!

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Oh we Cuban Oregano I like how this ones grows !
They are a lot like Coleus.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'd be happy to send you cuttings when the weather warms, Tropicanna... I pruned back all my plants in the morning room last week (the jungle was getting deep), and when I looked just now I saw that the silver plectranthus cuttings that I saved had already rooted -- in 4 or 5 days!!! -- just sitting in a glass of water on the counter. I guess they are a lot like coleus in that way. I've also got a purple one, some variegated cuban oregano, and a couple of smaller-leafed trailing varieties, plus swedish ivy (green and variegated) if that counts as a plectranthus.

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

PLEASE tell me which bingo card youre sending me,i have dmailed a few people to lmk which one they sent me so PLEASE LMK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

i have dmailed everyone that has sent me a card that i got it
good luck

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Sending in my card now. ; )

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

critter, what a nice offer! I'd love to try plecs again! Maybe I have something you'd like-most of my houseplants look pretty ratty now-my thumb turns black indoors!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.