Decembers daily weather, Ho, Ho, Ho is near!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Happy birthday kiska!!!

(Zone 3b)

You're all really making this birthday so special...thank you Sidney, Sharon and pepper 23...
Peter's Point looks very ominous with the fog there...
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Happy Birthday Kiska!

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin
(Zone 3b)

Thanks so much, Jazz; the brilliant yellow blossom is perfectly beautiful..
kiska

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Happy birthday, Kiska!

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 5a)

Happy birthday Kiska!!! Hope you've had a wonderful day!!

Thumbnail by rannveig

Oooh, nice pic of the rose.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Kiska!

52 Here today....heat wave.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Gottcha beat it's up to 61.7°(F) here & 41.8%

Darn it, I thought I could beat that one!! I just checked and it is only 53*. Was supposed to get to 65* or higher but obviously didn't. Tomorrow supposed to be in 70s. We'll see.

(Zone 3b)

wow - all day long, it's just now after noon, and I'm love'n all these wonderful wishes and it's a great day for me..thanks so much Rann, for the fantastic red rose..The "moose track" cake sure will be on my list for the next cake - thanks, Kelli.
and, pixie, another gorgeous flower; I'm getting the most beautiful boquet ever...thanks so much..with it up in the 50's, that's perfect...but, low 60's aren't bad, either, Dyson.
It's still hovering right at 9 degrees, but now that it's light out, there's scattered sun for a few hours..(sorry rann, not for you) :)
kiska

Here's a pic I took this morning at work. I looked out the window and saw this so i grabbed my camera and took a couple of pictures.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Another one.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

kiska for you!
Finally found the one I was looking for............. files are a bit of a mess......... lol!
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Hope you're having a PERFECT DAY kiska!

This message was edited Dec 14, 2006 5:02 PM

Thumbnail by henryr10

They don't work. Some have tried in other forums.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Hi all:
Only have a minute so just popped in to say :
70* and sunny today, ...same forecast for the weekend! Yippeee!
Can't wait to have time to look at all the lastest pictures.
..and...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Kiska!

Deb

(Zone 5a)

Here's a photo of Selma with her "hair pretty" :-) They're very excited about what they'll find in their shoe tomorrow!

Joey - A 100 energizer poochies couldn't get me out of bed at 5:30 if I didn't have to be somewhere ......... I don't know how you do it! LOL I've never heard any stories of those unruly lads getting cought - at least not in recent times ;-) They've been on their best behavior since Santa Claus reformed them and got them to change their ways ;-) I'll do my best with the firework photos on New Year's :-)

Ric - is it still summer there in Ohio??? 61 and sunny would be a very good summer day here ;-) Love the Mimosa and Mahonia and everything else in your garden - it's gorgeous!!!

Marylyn - love the bunny photos with Flat Micah - that's quite a book she's reading to him :-)

Sharon - that fog is really dense - has it lifted yet???

(Zone 5a)

Whooopsie - forgot the photo ! lol

Here she is with her "hair pretty" :-)

Thumbnail by rannveig
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

It hit 59 so not officially Summer yet but close.
Sunday they say 65!
It's Sundown and 57 now!

Weird Weather eh?

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
(Zone 5a)

LOL - good one Ric ;-) Enjoy the summer weather at this wierd time of year! I guess it's not looking promising for a white Christmas there ....

Ric, that's not fair!! Its warmer there than here!! Just ain't right. lol

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on December 14, 2006
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
76 °F / 24 °C
Clear
Humidity: 35%
Dew Point: 46 °F / 8 °C
Wind: 8 mph / 13 km/h / 3.6 m/s from the ESE

(Zone 3b)

It's not going to make it up to 10 degrees today - but, nevertheless, it's calm and pretty out..
When I turned on the computer this morning, I had no idea of the thoughfulness of DG'ers that awaited me..it's been just wonderful receiving so many birthday wishes..thank you all...
The flowers and cards and wishes have made this day so special..
ric - I'm glad you found the moose card - that's sooo cute...and thanks, deb, too for your b'day wishes...
Selma's "hair pretty" is nearly as pretty as she is...very nice.
pepper - the sunrise was outstanding ----
Reindeer farm/tours near here.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 41. Southwest wind between 9 and 14 mph.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 54. West wind between 8 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 31. West wind between 7 and 10 mph becoming calm.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. Calm wind becoming south between 8 and 11 mph. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.

Currently 54 degrees (good thing i changed my scale!)

HI everyone! not feeling too perky but wanted to say hiyah..

Kiska glad you are having a great birthday!!

Rann, that hair pretty is called a headband.. and it's very pretty. I have been enjoying reading about the trolls and their leavings..

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Pepper - beautiful sunrise!
Ric – great cards! The first is Moose-terical!!LOL!
Rann – Selma is so pretty – so is her hair! And I love the pretty silver headband Stúfur gave her! The fog was still dense when I left work. It would let up a little then thicken again. Soupy soupy day here. We were supposed to get into the low 70’s, but I don’t think we did. Maybe the low 60’s. Not where I work, but you can tell how foggy it still is..on the way home around 5:15...

Thumbnail by MySharona
Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

We're due for some cooler and wetter weather in the next few days. Just spent considerable time viewing and voting on the photos in this years contest. That was tough! (I don't think they have anything over on this forum's shots tho!)

Special Weather Statement

245 PM PST Thu Dec 14 2006

...Much colder and unsettled weather this weekend...

Current Conditions:
61 °F / 16 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 50 °F / 10 °C
Wind: 5 mph / 7 km/h / 2.1 m/s from the NNW

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Was really foggy on the way to work and bright sun on the way home - Think i'll sleep in tommorrow and see what the day brings.

(Zone 5a)

Hi Jazz and thank you! Headband ....... I hate when I can't find the right words! Glad you stopped by and hope you'll be feeling better soon :-)

Thanks Sharon .... hope the fog lets up tomorrow :-)

I wonder what will be in the shoes tomorrow morning ...........

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Helluu! Everybody! It's a balmy 45*. We had lotsa fog today, too. But not near as much as you, Sharon! Well, there is moisture in it, huh? I'll say this...It's way too warm (here) for this time of year!

My 1st day off has been just as hectic as going to school. I've been cleaning, washing clothes, & waiting for the surprise that Garrett wanted to get for me! Ok, I have a vaulted ceiling (just in the living room) & he surprised me with a 20 ft.Cedar! LOL I didn't have the heart to tell this lil sweetie that it's Way Too Big! :-D I'll be trimmin' All day tomorrow! He left after school & was gone until dark! Needless to say he had 2 ! helpings of spaghetti...:-D

Kiska, hope the day has been a good one for ya! I love the flag. :-)) ~ At the reindeer farm...do they use them at Christmas?...in a display? Like...with sleighs & elves & things? There's a Chistmas Town in Cherokee, NC. that have a few...it's like a Christmas village.

Ric!! Too Much Moose!!??? LOL!! ~ And what kind of Holly is that?

Rann, Selma's head band is really pretty! Now that's what I call some "Bling"! It makes her even prettier (if that's possible) :-D

Jazz, hope you feel better real soon! !

Pepper, those are some Magnificent! morning skies! Beautiful!!

Marylyn, Katies mighty cute there reading to Flat Micah. :-)) Can that cute lil munchkin actually read? That is so adorable! :-D

"See" ya soon !

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Katie recognizes all of the letters and knows what sounds they make, but she can't actually read. She doesn't know that, though. LOL

This message was edited Dec 14, 2006 7:54 PM

(Zone 3b)

5pm, dark, just above zero and supposed to get a bit chilly tonight, according the weather lady...
In between family stopping by; so will take a moment to say thanks again, this has been a most memorable b'day....thanks so much.
The reindeer farm does nothing like that, Joey, but it's a great idea. The waterfall is so pretty.
Elementary school near the reindeer farm..my daughter attended there in the late 70's.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I'm guessing the reindeer just hang around, working out, getting ready for that Fat Guy to pop in next week.

The Mahonia gets a pretty yellow flower and it's berries can be used for Jelly.
I've had the Jelly out in Oregon but I don't get enough berries to mess w/.

Joey sounds as if you got a Christmas Tree AND a Yule Log all in one!
Ric

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

It is taking forever to catch up with you all. Loving the pictures and stories. Just wanted to post one of my favorite paper people pics of Dave and Trish. Back in a while with catch up post.

hi 55 lo 29 rt now 34

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

39.4°(F), 66%, dark 45.3° (F) in the shed. Sooner or later I will figure out where I want that sensor or I might have to get a few more of them. 1) back porch 2) shed 3) under la-casa doublewide (water pipes) 4) in the garden 5) in the car. - someone stop me - please.

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Þvörusleikir (Thvörusleykir - "ö" = u in hunt; "ey" = like in hey) made it down from the mountains last night and left the girls little toy animal figures, Selma got a tiger cub and Hildur Eva got an elephant calf :-) Back in his unruly days Þvörusleikir was found lurking around the kitchen like Stúfur, but not hunting for frying pans ..... he liked to grab a ladel to lick when "the cook" left the pots unattended.

Kiska, Joey and Blooms - great photos!

Now for the weather - it's 25F, calm and I'm guessing fairly clear skies - still very dark. Sunrise will be at 11:16 and sunset at 3:29.

Have a nice day all!

rannveig

Thumbnail by rannveig
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

The flat Dave and Trish were with me for a whole month and traveled from here in Moab Utah with me all the way to my sister's farm in Upstate New York. Here they're in my Sis's tomato patch.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

And just for giggles here we are at Rockefeller Center

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! Everybody! :-D The temp is 33* & will get into the 60's! I seem to function better when I'm 'chilly' (but not when I'm tired).
LOL Dyson! You may need one at the 'puter'.! That way you won't have to get up & look , like I do ! :-)))
Ric, I think you may have something there! I could just chop up the remains for aeromatic purposes! :-) Oh, yea, I could make a wreath (never used cedar before) & use some bows on the hearth! Well, I'll be dragging out the gardening gloves today! :-D
Rann, the stories...lovin' 'em. :-) The water fall is a mini one at Niagara. Lake Erie actually drops 9 feet before it gets to the "big" falls. I was sitting beside it (at that point) with my hands in it! It is the most amazing place. 5 days at that place & you won't want to leave!, but I'm drawn to it! (must be the Iroquios blood;-)
Blooms ~ Your pix almost make them look Real! I'd say it's because of your good photography!
Marylyn, 'kiddies' are so cute when they are 'reading'! Alas, those days are gone! :-(

Well, gonna eat breakfast & then get the gloves out! :-D

Have a Great Day! (be smelling of cedar when I get back!)

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

38.9°(F) BP, 44½°(F) S - Light hope it gets warmer as the day progresses.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.