What's Your favorite Perennial?

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Peonies? Favorites of mine since I brought 30 roots home in my wagon and made Daddy plant them 50 years ago. I moved one of each of the colors here 16 years ago.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Wanda, that is an extraordinary picture. and I do love pink!

Thank you! It is just sooo hard for me to pick a favorite among all the beauty God gives us.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

pssst, everyone. it's Wanda's birthday. Happy Birthday!

Are you picking on me? LOL

Horsens, Denmark

HAPPY BIRHTDAY!!!!!! ;o)))))))
(sorry don`t have any other perennial photos, you will have to do with a cosmos :o)))

Thumbnail by zest

Bouquets and a Happy Birthday Wanda!! Those peonies are gorgeous. ;0)

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Wanda!!
Those Peoni's are Gorgeous!!!

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

I had to dig one of them up to make room for a new Hawaiian Coral peony. Deep, deep hole and a root we had to chop in two to remove it. Just 15 years old, but TOUGH> It will be a few years before the Hawiian Coral blooms nicely.

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Happy birthday to you.......... Happy birthday to you.......Happy birthday dear Wanda.......Happy birthday to YUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

and many more.....Cuckoo

All this serenading will go to my head! Thank You for the song Cuckoo. My Mama called and left a message for me today--89 years old and she pounds out "Happy Birthday" on her organ! Mama is so funny. :)

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Wanda, it was just too funny. every thread I went to today, there you were, too. so I just had to tell everyone it was your b'day. hope you didn't mind :0)

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

It's her birthday again ....she had like 4 or 5 today!

Yup. Everybody picking on me. That's what I get for getting old. 57 and counting.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Wanda, I was 57 last April, so if your getting old, I'm getting older LOL

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Does that mean you guys are wise, too? ;-)

Sandy

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Favorite Perennial and Why Huh?

I would have to say I have 2 for various reasons.

1. Platycodon (Balloon Plant).
I love the way it stands so erect and strong for it's height. The buds look like hot air balloons which is SOOO cute....then they POP and you have a star flower. I have the pink, white, dwarf blue, blue and double blue. I would have to say the Double Blue is my favorite. I like this perennial because it is so well behaved and only slowly increases but every single bloom is loaded with seeds to share in the fall.

Here is a picture of my Double Blue.

Kim

Thumbnail by kimskreations
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

My other favorite would have to be my Campanula Punctata Elizabeth.

I love her because she is so dainty and fragile looking and she enjoys the partial shade. She is super invasive but it's one of those plants that you don't mind if she spreads out a little. I find that I never have enough to share no matter how much she spreads as everyone that sees her wants a few babies to take home.

Kim

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Closeup:

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Sandy, yep we're wise guys! btw, great pic of your Scarlet Orbit. those reds are so hard to capture.

Kim, I really like that double balloon. need to put that on my 'list'.

Edder, I planted some May Night salvia this fall. it always looks so pretty when I see it.

Al, love those winky columbine. already on my 'list'.

gram

Older, but not wiser.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Let's not let this thread die. It will help get me thru the winter.

My favorite, siberian iris.

Thumbnail by pollyk
(Zone 7b)

Coreopsis "Moonbeam" - lacy foliage, great filler plant, if sheared back after bloom, keeps on going.

Thumbnail by 2zeus
Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

pllyK - Great garden picture!! I just love it.

Suzy

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

these lillies look fake in this photo

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Suzy.

I love that coreopsis Moonbeam. I've planted it before, and it lived for quite some time, and all of a sudden died. It was good enough I should replant.

Al, those lilies are gorgeous!

More daylilies to light up my life.... Clown Capers Late & tall.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

more great pics....too many favorites ;0) I love them all. good idea to keep them coming over the winter, Polly

Let's see--Campanulas, coreopsis, daylilies, lilies, asters, sedum, beebalm, phlox --how can you pick a favorite in all this glory?

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Gee Wanda, let's see-----hmmmm--- Iris?

Not a perennial, but I use Hydrangeas in all my beds as a perennial, cutting them back to fit, as needed.

Thumbnail by pollyk

Did I forget iris? Whoops!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Another favorite is Joe Pye Weed. Carin, in front gets 6-7 feet. Joe White, the white one gets around 10 feet. Completely trouble free.

Thumbnail by pollyk
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Asiatic lilies.

Corsica

Thumbnail by pirl

Japanese irises.

Crown Imperial

Thumbnail by pirl

Clematis and more clematis.

Thumbnail by pirl
White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Wow, pirl, what beautiful pics. Love that Japanese Iris, such a fitting name too!

Sandy

Thanks - the JI's photograph almost too well and few believe they really look so outstanding but it's true.

Japanese Pinwheel

Thumbnail by pirl

My clematis are fighting me, but I know they will make it thru.

My Nelly Moser was on some bird's mesh that was around an old tree stump and must have come loose sometime last year. I was out there today trying to cut away the mesh, to no avail so the whole thing has been cut back to about 3" with one piece (with buds) at about a foot. I hope she makes it.

Hebron, KY

Donna,

I love Salvia's too! (a favorite) Where did you get......?

Salvia guaran. Purple Majesty

madrensis Forsythia Sage

They're beautiful! What other Salvias do you grow?

I also love Agastaches (another favorite)

I love Coneflowers too! (another favorite)

Marilyn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.