Please Share Pics of your Favorite Containers for 2006!

groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

i really don't know what got into me this season....muted, subdued colors were for some reason my mood for 2006. over use of sweet potatoes and just a bit nuts on every coleus cultivar i could get my hands on!

would love to see what everyone did for their 2006 season! please share!

Thumbnail by tobee43
groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

this is a hanging container.....staying away from the critters for a week or so...

Thumbnail by tobee43
groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

a bit over grown...already...can't see the pots!

Thumbnail by tobee43
groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

love those wall containers!

Thumbnail by tobee43
groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

oopssssssss....wrong pic...sorry!

Thumbnail by tobee43
groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

sunset

Thumbnail by tobee43
groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

sunrise

Thumbnail by tobee43
(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

That wall container is gorgeous! Beautiful combination.

groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

thanks so much stacysmommy....have any pics to share???

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I should have posted on your thread or the other way around, tobee... your plantings are most lovely!
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/629034/
I don't have any great combinations, this year, but some nice containers.

Thumbnail by carrielamont
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I bought this pot at Ikea and added the blue paint.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I was just lucky that I was a) painting my bathroom b) that lobelia color of blue!

I have NOT been into subdued colors! I seem to favor orange, hot pink, bright coral, salsa red (that's actually the name of a 2006 Toyota color, but it's gorgeously red)!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

And my only muted tone: my ribbon grass (from LeBug?) in another Ikea pot.

xxxxxx, Carrie

groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

ahhhhhh...carrie, yes, i saw and read though that thread, but i thought is was more about the containers themselves and not the plantings. but that was probably me....cuz i'm so spaced most of the time.

i think your containers look wonderful. i love that dragon one! the purple against the bronze color looks great!

salsa red!!!!!! right you were not subdued this year. but love the bright colors and i love to mix bright colors as well. this year though...i just kinda don't know why i keep it so mellow?

groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

hehehe...you were just getting the grass pic on when i was typing. I LOVE THAT ONE!

shoot ikea is like two hours from me...but it looks like it may be worth the ride.

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

I've gone mostly bagoinia and geranimes this season, a few fushias. Those pots and plantings are fab....

Viv

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Heres another,

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

a few group shots.... I really like containers...

Viv

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

I hang pots on everything...

Viv

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

I have the patio covered, can hardly walk through to water... but I love it.
Viv

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

one more and thats it.. promise... all your container plantings are just lovely, I really enjoy seeing them all..

Viv

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wow, Viv, how do you get those white (are they Waves) petunias to do that? I been watering and feeding em w/ grow flowers stuff but my petunias mostly drowned this year! That was a ba-aa-a-aad spring we had in New England. Of course the zone difference might not help me!

Bee-yoo-tiful, Viv, just lovely.

xxxxxxx, Carrie

groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

great viv....i LOVE the begonia's!! that one is sooooo pinkish and pretty! absolutely LOVE the patio area and the swing...looks so inviting!!

hey viv...got pots????? hehehehe

garden party your house...saturday ok???

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Tobee, count me in on the party! I thought there were no places in NJ that were 2 hours from an Ikea; isn't there more than one?

groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

hehehe...carrie.. actually when i moved here there was nothing! 45 minutes to the closes chinese restaurant, 10 miles to the very nearest grocery store. over an 1 hour to a mall. 3 months to get my phone lines in. you'd think you were in the deep woods of alaska! of course in the past 30 years we have gotten better and now have a chinese restaurant, but it's a good 10 miles to the nearest grocery store!

nope the very closes ikea is down the turnpike which in itself is over an hour and 1/2 away from where i am. i live in the most north western part of nj...near the pa and ny boarders.

do you think we should break the news to viv that we coming over????

edited for typo's cuz i can't type!

This message was edited Jul 25, 2006 12:19 PM

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

tobee, can you tell me what cultivar is that dark purple geranium in the wall container? It's gorgeous! :)

groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

ecobioangie....darn if we know ....the pelargonium seems to be an unknown cultiar at this time. what is most unusal about her besides her outstanding flower color, is that her leaves feel exactly like velvet. it's truly unbelievable.

also in the very first container i was showing; is a brand new cultivar of coleus which we actually just named this morning!

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

cool!

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

COME ON OVER.... I'm ready for a party anytime....LOL
Viv

Thumbnail by Vizz8
groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

ecobioangie...ok two of us just dug it out (it took two).....it's Pelargonium sidoides !!!!!! actually we had been looking for about 3 weeks now and your post made us not stop until we could find something! we know we didn't breed this one that's why we so puzzled! so we had been confused for sometime now...hehehe..which is NOT hard to do.

viv!! we are so glad you have agreed! your gardens look so inviting and i just want to swing on your bench!

This message was edited Jul 25, 2006 2:41 PM

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

sweeeeeeeeet... there she is!

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/76764/index.html

groveland, FL(Zone 9b)

she's so pretty!! ya gotta get one! cuz..i'm NOT giving you mine!

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yeah, but at $6 a pop plus shipping and not winter hardy...hmm... I was hoping to find seeds, but looks like only plants on the web. poop. lol

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Carrie, I spray messenger and MG, on the plants... and water alot!!!
The patunias are starting to get a little leggy, will change them out soon.

Viv

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Viv,
What's the gorgeous blue in the back row in that last pic?
xxxxx,
Carrie

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

That is a hardy geranium, dont know the name... got it in a mix from springhill I think. It might be saphfire or something like that.

Viv

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Phoenix, AZ

This was a few months ago. Here in Phoenix we're at 110 degrees on a reg. basis. Lost the Fuchsia, Creeping wire vine is OK and the Coral Bells are struggling. Filling in this the Black potato vine. Can't wait for Sept.

Thumbnail by Aguane
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Wow thats hot... been in the 90's here.. which is pretty hot for my part of the country.Back down to high 70's now... a good thing...
I'm hoping for an extended summer here, it will give everything a chance to mature, and bloom.
Viv

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Woodway, TX(Zone 8a)

waiting for the coleus to get tall to add height
here in Texas heat we are limited in what will survive- this is in full sun too!

Thumbnail by dp72
Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Houseplants on vacation. A fern and two geraniums. Loved the adirondack chair planter from Linensnthings. The other two chairs are from yard sales. I have quite a few plant chairs.
Martha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.