Midwest Lilies Continued

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Hi, was out prowling around in the gardens and took some snaps of new things that were blooming tonight. None of which I have a name for. Several came from White Flower Farm's Strawberries and Cream collection of Asiatic lilies... These will be first.

Diann

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

More Strawberries and Cream...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Final Strawberries and Cream...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Unkown pink in West perennial bed... (Not part of Strawberries and Cream)

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

A lonely little white.... I should probably move this one, he doesn't get enough sun..

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Ooops, one more Strawberries and Cream. Sorry...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

That's all for now, but there are several on the horizon that are getting ready to pop.... ;) Thanks for looking!

Diann

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wonderful~ you have some real cuties there!

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Night with Lady Alice

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Trumpet Lily - 'African Queen'

Thumbnail by jmorth
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Jmorth, what is Night With Lady Alice?? She's a beauty. I think I have African Queen, but it might be one of those lilies that is fighting the over crowded east perennial bed in the back yard.

Thanks Moby! Please post some more of your lilies photos!

Diann

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

This was suppose to be Midnight. NOT! Does anyone know what it is? Pretty, but not purple. I think I got it from the Lily Garden.

Susan

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

I would contact the Lily Garden for a replacement. As a strain Midnight is expected to be variable but I think that is a bit extreme when you are expecting something dark colored. Email them a pic. Most likey it is a seedling (as Midnight is) but probably TOO light to be in that strain. It sure is pretty, isn't it. Love the pink edges.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I was just looking at their catalog and it looks like maybe mine is Sinfonia. It has the pink edges.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

It sure does look like Sinfonia! Looks like you got a great bonus, as if you did get it from the Lily Garden, they will send you Midnight as well, for their mistake, Susan. Just give them a call. That photo has gotten me excited about my future Sinfonia bloom that I ordered in Spring.

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

(merrily following along)

Beautiful pictures from everyone!

Thank-You!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I'm new to this forum, so I'm just trying to see if I can get this picture thing to work. This is a Conca d'Or that I started inside in February. First bloom this morning.

Thumbnail by magnolialover
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

This one is Rosepoint Lace & her first bloom. I purchased this one from the Lily Garden this Spring. I can't seem to figure out how to post more than one picture in one comment.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Madonna , shown below, has done extremely well here. She multiplies profusely each year. I have to laugh to myself when I see what different places are charging for a single bulb. Madonna is a lovely selection, her first bloom today, here in zone 5a.

This message was edited Jun 19, 2006 8:08 PM

Great pics, magnolialover!! Welcome to the lily forum! You are doing fine on posting....only one pice per post is allowed, so it's not something you're doing. :o)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

The Rosepoint is very pretty.

Here is my Midnight Trumpet ~ I know these lilies are a strain but I don't think it's even close to what Lily Garden has posted on their website. http://www.thelilygarden.com/pages_lilies/trumpet_1.html I wouldn't by any means call this 'the deepest, richest hue of purple'.

Thumbnail by Moby
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Such beauties all of them!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

On the other hand, this Summer Night is a stunner. In the sun it glows like a garnet but is impossible to photograph!

Thumbnail by Moby
(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Ticker, I thought about getting that mix for this year. Keep me posted.

Magnolia, that Conca d'Or is unbelieveable! I'll have to get some for next year. And Moby, that Summer Night is a stunner.

Judith

Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

I really like summer night!! Is it Asiatic? I will have a 2006 Midnight blooming from Lily garden.....its set buds... I sure hope its darker....Cant wait for the 4th of July....thats when my garden blooms...

Thumbnail by menkids

WOW!! Look at all those lilies!!! Can't wait to see that in bloom!!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Rosepoint Lace is sure a pretty one and I love Summer Night ! Moby, at least your MIdnight is a little closer to purple. That is so different. menkids, that is some collection!! Can't wait to see it bloom.

Susan

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yep, Summer Night is an Asiatic. Holy cow that's a lot of lilies!!
Susan ~ I like your version of Midnight better.

Fox River Valley Are, WI(Zone 5a)

Concerning the Midnight Trumpet, I know from the rose forum that some roses take time to develop their true colors. Also, maybe some type of nutrient deficiency...? If you get a hold of the Lily Garden let us know the response, I almost bought one this year.

intercessor

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I was in another part of this lily forum and noticed someone posted one that looked like what I had as Rosepoint Lace, only called it White Lace. Hmmmmm. Looked at the Lily Garden's website again, and see it looks more like White Lace. The only trouble being I didn't order that one. After I see some more blooms this year, I will verify this. Wonder if it was mislabeled? This is the first time I have ordered from the Lily Garden.
Magnolialover

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

A lot of us seem to be having the same problem with not getting the lilies we order. Wish all the bulb companies could get the problems worked out. Here is one that reminds me somewhat of Moby's Midnight. MOre purple than it looks here, but not as purple as Midnight. I did not put a marker on it, so guess it will be an unknown until I can check if I wrote it down somewere. Kinda short this first year. Maybe 3'.

This message was edited Jun 20, 2006 11:34 AM

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That looks very much like it ~ does it have yellow in the throat?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

It looks nice next to a Jackmanii Clemetis that is blooming now too.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Moby, I just ran out and looked and yes it does have a yellow throat. Is yours short too?

If you have the Lily Garden catalog, check out Chorister on page 30. That looks like what mine is. Not sure that it is the same as yours. Shape seems a little diffferent when I look at them together.

This message was edited Jun 20, 2006 11:47 AM

This message was edited Jun 20, 2006 11:48 AM

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yes, it's barely 2 ft. tall.. This is it's second summer, the single bulb put out 3 very spindly, non-blooming stems last year and now it has 4 stems and only the one bloom.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

I went out tonight to see who was blooming and found a few new ones...

Asiatic Lily Trinidad...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

And we have Asiatic Lily Moonstruck

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This guy doesn't have a name.... But he's most likely from a Wild's collection or some such thing like that. Well, he probably has a name, I just don't remember it and the tag is long gone....

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This one also had a name once upon a time. The tag isn't hardly readable, except to say something (red), so I know it was from Wild's.

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

I think this Asiatic's name is Jetfire... Tag is either gone or buried some where in the garden.

Thumbnail by Ticker

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.