And a few more cultivars in bloom...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Enjoying your many lilies, menkids.

Beaker ~ here are the Oklahoma lilies I was referring to http://www.lilybulb.com/l1019.html http://www.thelilygarden.com/pages_lilies/asiatic_yellow_2.html (bottom of page)

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Yep, think your double pink is virused. Pard, where did you get that purple/pink 'tango' from. None of my tangos have solid olour like that.

Have in the past (no longer) bought bulbs from Costco and Walmart. In all cases the colour has been plainly miserable. I think they buy castoff seedling bbulbs at a very good price. So...
elegant lady and Triumphator both were pulled up and composted - at least in the dumpster when they bloomed. My Norths are very spindly this year. Maybe I'm not feeding them enough.
inanda

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Inanda, I purchased the Tango as "Starburst" from the Van Bourgondien Bulb Company. It is actually very close to black and in the garden, it doesn't look purple. And the tips are definately red, not pink. And I actually got what I ordered (they have a dastardly red X in the Garden Watchdog)! I also ordered the Tango "Dot Com" from them. They are stunted and not blooming yet.

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

I don't know what to say about Oklahoma. I couldn't find it in the register. Here's what I thought I knew. Oklahoma City is an asiatic and a bicolor pink and yellow. Then there is the LA Oklahoma (no city afterwards) and I thought it was a very pale orange. However, it looks like there is another Oklahoma that is an asiatic that is a yellow and that might explain that yellow clump of lilies I've been scratching my head about for two years.. I thought they were just really tall Butter Pixies, but this year the Butter Pixies planted the fall of 04 suddenly showed up. Sometimes I think I;m going crazy. When they started blooming, I was so confused because I didn't remember putting any yellow there last year. In fact, I moved my Denia over there last fall because it was so empty. I bet the tall ones are Oklahoma yellow. So where's the Oklahoma LA? I'll have to go back in my records and see if I can figure this all out.

At the time I purchased the lily from B and D, it was called just Oklahoma. It is still called just Oklahoma in their newest catalog (fall 06 pg30). I wonder if they trademarked the name and other growers tack on City and then propagate it?

I'm mentally recovering from Lily Symposium today and a 200 mile round trip drive. I visited one of two Lily Garden fields; it was just too hot to do the other (90's). Tomorrow it is supposed to hit 100 here. I'll post pics and stories under a new thread soon.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Well, I just don't know. Seems quite confusing to me.

Does not appear that the tango you bought has been registered. Perhaps the dutch are at it again. We will probably find lots of 'tangos' coming on line before too long. Some of our members have had some very pretty 'tango' maiden seedlings bloom this season.

Funnily enough, the first tango that went into public sales a few years ago is called Latvia. No tango in its name at all.

inanda

I never had a doubt it was dutch and not registered. Registering is not important to them. Not needed. An extra time consuming step. I have even heard a rumor that they will reuse a name on a different lily.

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Pard, take it easy tomorrow. Wow, I didn't think it ever got that hot out there.

I sort of made up my mind last year I wasn't going to buy from any of the Dutch sellers again. You never know what you are going to get. And this year, I've crossed Blooming Bulb and American Meadows off my list too. I'm only going to buy from places that are reputable growers.

Has anyone ever bought from Pacific Rim? They have some lovely species, but I've never ordered.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

You cannot go wrong with the Pacific Rim product. All the Woodwards are great people and the only thing is you may have to wait a year or so as many things sell out very quickly. I have only bought iris and lilium from them so I try to order as early as possible. inanda

A few more pics taken over the last couple of days... This one is Navone.

Thumbnail by pardalinum

This is OT Georgette. It is one of those lunkers from buggycrazy and put up 2 fat stalks.

Thumbnail by pardalinum

I purchased this one locally at the ubiquitous big box store. It was labeled Lollipop. Sheesh! I think it is an LA and it is VERY fragrant!

Thumbnail by pardalinum

And of course there is the ol' pard herself, nodding her red heads.

Thumbnail by pardalinum
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Boy, that sure looks a lot like a big box store lily I have ~

Thumbnail by Moby

Moby, is your's quite fragrant?

This is a very nice unknown yellow, may a tetraploid, that I believe was supposed to be Black Beauty because it is growing near 2 BB stalks and when I buy a bag of 3 (in this case BB) I plant them close together.

Thumbnail by pardalinum
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I was expecting an Oriental so I didn't give it the sniff test.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Beautiful collection pard! Do you think this one is L.pardalinum?
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=2440240

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.