And a few more cultivars in bloom...

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Tinos has been AWOL for a couple of years and has now reappeared!

Thumbnail by pardalinum

Conquistador is a very brightly colored tetraploid...

Thumbnail by pardalinum

And here is Yellow Whoppers, just opened today. Another husky tetraploid.

Thumbnail by pardalinum

And Yellow Brushmark from Buggycrazy...

Thumbnail by pardalinum
Sayre, OK(Zone 7a)

How beautiful those are. Especially Tinos and Conquistador. Love the colors of those!

Kelly in OK

And here is Starburst from Buggycrazy...

Thumbnail by pardalinum

Thanks Mud. I was very surprised to see Tinos blooming after being missing in action for two years.. I was sure it was a goner and wrote it off as not hardy for me, especially as I started with 3 bulbs of it!

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

I love Conquistador, What an intense red. I need to go looking for that one.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Beautiful Lilies. Odd that Tinos didn't appear for a couple of years. I have a lot of lilies this year that skipped last year. But after a couple of years I probably would have planted something over it. Glad you didn't! Tinos is a beauty. An LA, right?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Your Tinos is especially lush! I glad you mentioned that it was MIA, my Cathedral Windows seems to have gone missing this year.

Moby, my Cathedral Windows didn't show either. I planted it last fall but this past winter, especially in January, we had way more than our share of rain and my entire backyard, greenhouse, and slightly raised perennial beds were under water for at least 3 days and I am sure it was very wet even after the surface water receded. So a few weeks ago when I noticed it hadn't shown I dug down and found it. It pretty much looked like it did the day I planted it. So I just planted it back along with it's label and will wait until next year. I honestly don't know how I was so lucky that many of my lilies survived that deluge!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That is amazing. I planted CW in 2004 and it bloomed well for me last year, so who knows? I suppose you're bound to lose one once in a while.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

It was almost worth the wait for me for the ones that skipped last year, as they multiplied much more than normal. Did you find that to be the case?

Well it's not the case with Tinos. I think it barely made it back because as you can see in this more encompassing pic, it came up right through the hardy geranium which must have overgrown it during the last year or so. I will have to move poor Tinos in the fall!

But I wouldn't be surprised if some lilybulbs respond to stress by putting out more bulblets.

Thumbnail by pardalinum

Here is another round of "what is blooming now!" Here is a nice pair; Starburst and Stunning (both from buggycrazy). You can see the comparative sizes of these two.

Thumbnail by pardalinum

A nice red and black Tango type I photographed today..

Thumbnail by pardalinum

Tiger Babies...

Thumbnail by pardalinum

I thought I gave this one the boot LOL. It has never performed well for me. But what do you know... it's baaaack! China, snuggled up against some hail damaged lily foliage (since the subject has come up before, this is what it looks like. Hey-- kill 2 birds with one stone!).

Thumbnail by pardalinum

Great pics, Pardalinum! I really like Starburst, the red and black Tango and China. I've never seen those before!

The red and black Tango is also named Starburst so let the confusion begin! China is a pollenless (hence pollen sterile) double lily from B and D.

Yellow Brushmark and Oklahoma. Oklahoma is another one that disappeared/reappeared!

Thumbnail by pardalinum

You're not helping with my wish list ya know! LOL It keeps getting longer and longer......it's supposed to stay small! ;o) I'm gonna hafta add Oklahoma to it.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I've seen what appears to be the same lily listed as Oklahoma and Oklahoma City. Are they the same?

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

I think they are two different ones. This is Oklahoma, an LA.

Thumbnail by beaker_ch
Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

Here are my first 17 that bloomed. Many have been pictured before, but then, what the heck. I will try to post in order of bloom. First was this 24" yellow pixie. It was ordered as a oriental Miss France.

Thumbnail by menkids
Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

Next bloomed Kiss Me Kate....ordered as coral sunset.

Thumbnail by menkids
Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

Lollypop bloomed with Kiss Me Kate

Thumbnail by menkids
Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

Next came an asiatic I believe is called Windsong.

Thumbnail by menkids
Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

This one appears to be a white trumpet called Regal. I ordered and planted 5 dif colors pf Regat trumpets....guess what? 1 died, 1 wont bloom again this year, and two have both bloomed whit so far.

Thumbnail by menkids
Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

Orange Electric from Brecks.

Thumbnail by menkids
Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

Unknown Red asiatic.

Thumbnail by menkids
Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

I believe this to be Enchantments Memory. It is an orage with substance and big blooms.

Thumbnail by menkids
Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

Uknown Orange..I call it a fire orange.

Thumbnail by menkids
Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

Gran Crue

Thumbnail by menkids
Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

I purchased it named Baja....I belive it actually to be Lorato LA Lily.

Thumbnail by menkids
Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

Unknown yellow and white...30" to 36" tall.

Thumbnail by menkids
Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

This is my favorite Lily. I came From Blooming Bulb in a lot 25 of mixed orienpets. A photo can not do it justice. When it blooms it looks artificial it is so perfect. I saw a picture that looked like it at the Iowa Lily show....they called the lily in that picture Golden Gleem. I looked on the internet...but have found no lilys by that name.

Thumbnail by menkids
Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

This one i bought from Walmart as Samur...its not.

Thumbnail by menkids
Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

A double Pink from a freinds garden. All this talk of Mozaik Viris.....makes me wonder if this lily has it?

Thumbnail by menkids
Meservey, IA(Zone 4b)

Unknown Yellow Asiatic.

Thumbnail by menkids

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.