Easiest way to propagate junipers?

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Equil....do I need to get two of those combs you told me to pick up at the pet store??? lol The teflon tick finding ones?

Thanks Tigger but I already have a teflon flea comb for myself and it works in my hair which is why I told you to go and buy one from the pet shop for yourself. They're only about $10 but be sure to get one that has the teeth really close together. I'm armed and dangerous! Look out ticks!

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Aren't they cute? They're like little puppy dogs -- you just toss a bone into their cage and watch them bark and pant and bounce around! Nice to see you silly little females having such a delightful time at my expense!

And now tiny TerryR is once again biting off more than she can chew, dragging VV into the fray . . . rust could never fall from HER ears because the vacuum holds it in! Sort of like watching a yappy little terrier (TerryR) take on a bear. You all know the eventual outcome, you just don't know at what point the bear will lose patience and end it!

Hee-hee-hee -- I always love a mismatch!

Guy S.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

lol omg...Lauren wasn't kidding when she said all the fun was here. You go Guy!!

Bureau County, IL(Zone 5a)

If I had bitten? You'd of known it. VV would of heard you clear over in KY. And please make up your mind. Either us blondes have nothing in our ears, or we have some sort of metal object stuck in there that's rusting. You can't have it both ways Guy. Anyway, don't you mean the VVacuum is holding it in?? Guy ain't goin nowhere fast.

Oh yea! Thanks! We are cute, aren't we???

Tigger, I was being facetious.

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Oh, yeah, the cute, bouncy little TerrieR is all wound up now!
yap-yap-yap!!!

Hee-hee-hee!

G'night girls -- sweet dreams! Tomorrow is another day, and my tag-team partner VV can deal with you little X-puppies if you dare to tread further into the wilderness of the Y-bears. Tigger, you better try to hold them back for their own good! They have no idea how far and fast they can fall if they mess with us big bad bears. To bring the thread back toward point, maybe they'll have to be whipped with a juniper cutting . . .

Aaarrrgggghhhhh! (Hey PartyGirl, bring me another beer and put more wood on the fire!)

Guy S.

Coldwater, MI(Zone 5b)

And while you're at it. bring him the fire place lighter...

Pop!

He's a bossy gus ain't he?? Ah yes, I can see it now, us little X pups biting the big bad Y bears....only when we're done, they won't be Y's no more.

Patrick, maybe he got his head just a wee bit too close and the lighter wasn't needed....we can only hope and dream as Guy does quite often it would seem.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Guy, Guy, Guy......lol the last person you want to be asking to hold anyone back is me! I'm usually the first one to jump in. Equil is far more level headed than me, and you should know that I always have her back!!

While you were making fun of her propagating setup, I was thinking that she had it right. She was creating a mini grhouse by putting the saran wrap around the cuttings to make the environment more humid, thus speeding up the rooting process. How do you do your cuttings? We all want to know now....

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

I don't do many conifer cuttings, and the only times I've rooted junipers were in late fall under mist, a looooong time ago. That's why I bumped the thread up so some of the coniferites would have a chance to see it. I suspect that Equil has found a "kitchen" method that works for her and probably would work for others, as long as you can keep it sterile.

And as for that yappy, pesky little TerrieR, her time is coming . . . I'm gonna head up to Princeton, and she will be repenting and whining and pleading for forgiveness. The bear is about ready to put the hammer down!

Guy S.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

watch out Guy, you might want to wear a flame proof hat!!

I was just teasing you. I was thinking though, that the more "effective" cheap or creative methods there are out there, the more people will try their hands at cuttings and thats a good thing, imo

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

IMO too!

Quoting:
And as for that yappy, pesky little TerrieR, her time is coming . . . I'm gonna head up to Princeton, and she will be repenting and whining and pleading for forgiveness. The bear is about ready to put the hammer down!

Who's going to be repenting, whining and pleading for forgiveness? A pesky bear doesn't scare me in the least. yap yap yap....notice Yap starts with a Y?

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Quoting:
notice Yap starts with a Y?

So does "You're in a heapa trouble!"

Rock Island, IL(Zone 5b)

So does "Yokel"...which all you hooligans are!

Quoting:
So does "You're in a heapa trouble!"

Bring it on....buddy boy, bring it on.....

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Quoting:
Bring it on....

TerrieR, you're just lucky I'm so easy going with yappy little mutts!

Hooligan

Quoting:
TerrieR, you're just lucky I'm so easy going with yappy little mutts!

CHICKEN baaaaakk baaakk baaakkk baaakkk baaaaaakk

Rock Island, IL(Zone 5b)

Step aside gentlemen, the blacklab is in town. And he ain't no little mutt!

Well, he is 5'7" and can dunk a basketball on a regulation 10 foot goal, but that's the psychology of all you big guys who can barely touch the rim, lol.

I'm swinging from it brother with my shoes in your ears. Plugging them indefinitely as this rave goes on!

Remember "Spud Web" back in the eighties winning the NBA dunk championship...

Here's another brother with the same skills.

Need I say more? Maybe a game of 8-ball will make you feel more manly in relation to size, lol? Sorry, that won't help your 'game' either. Either way I'm going to end up guzzling free beers all night long. Bring it to the hoop, or don't bring it at all...

LATA big talkers with NO GAME, hea hea heah!

Blacklab

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Dax, Terry would probably tell you she's no gentleman!
(But then, neither am I . . . )
This is a gender contest, so stay on the right team!

Guy S.

Rock Island, IL(Zone 5b)

I knew when I wrote the message it didn't make complete sense:)

Just horsing around and trying to participate and make friends.

I also like girls better than guys, so this is going to be a tough one for me.

Hmmmmm, "Guy". Can you dunk (or could you when you weren't such an "old log"?)

Just keeping it real man. No mutts here.

lol,

Laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

Rock Island, IL(Zone 5b)

And don't read this and say "What!?"

"Blacklab"

Lombard, IL(Zone 5b)

I am with Dax here. I will choose girls every time. I need someone to keep me warm at night, real or imaginary. My love for trees only goes soo far.

Quoting:
I am with Dax here. I will choose girls every time.
How refreshing, two real men who know where their loyalties should lie. How admirable. Patrick dear, exactly where are you on this issue? I suspect you're with Dax and willis based on your reminder to bring the fire place lighter.

Coldwater, MI(Zone 5b)

Anything for you, Sugar, but let's not tell Guy. He needs moral support...

Ok my leetle dumplin, I just knew you were on the right side of the issues... no sense trying to skip down the middle of the road on the dotted line. You needed to cross over to one side or the other sooner or later lest you be struck by a Mac truck

So that leaves Guy all alone? Cold and lonely and fetching his own beers. In a frosted mug even. Oh well, he put himself there, all by his lonesome. He doesn't need any support, he's got all those trees around to support himself on. Must be lonely......tsk, tsk.

Hey Dax! You aren't more than an hour from me! Guy was correct in that I'm not a gentleman....but I am a lady. Guy couldn't see that when we met, he was too busy thumping his chest and doing some he man call.

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Where the heck are Sofer and Ken and the others? We have a mutiny brewing! Those conniving female sirens are manipulating the troops again!

Quoting:
Can you dunk (or could you when you weren't such an "old log"?

Dax, my last dunk probably was in 1965. I suspect you were too young to dunk back then. But I was 6'-7" -- I'm really impressed that you can do so at a foot shorter in height! I was much better (and happier) at rebounding, back in the days when elbows were allowed to fly freely and no one under 250 pounds dared to get in my way. The only three point shots back then were fouls on made baskets; palming moves were called what they are -- double dribble violations; and trash talk meant take out the garbage!

Quoting:
I need someone to keep me warm at night, real or imaginary.
Sure, they can keep you warm, but usually it's the other way around. But hey, as long as they know their servient place and bring the cold brewskies whenever we snap our fingers and they say "yes, master", what the heck! By the way, if your situation is "imaginary" at the moment, just see how long it takes for one of your new XX buddies to come and cuddle -- I suspect they're all talk and no action!

Archie Bunker and Jackie Gleason were heroes --
The Y chromosome rocks!!!
Aaaaarrrgghhh!

Guy S.

Rock Island, IL(Zone 5b)

I certainly don't need any more "Y"!

Yep, at age 13 (eigth grade) I broke the triple jump record for my city which I ended up with a distance of 38 feet 3". Was about the same height as I am now ( I was a big kid at that age). Did a vertical leap test when trying out for the basketball team (one step and jump straight up) - that was 42" at age 13. I could go on... once played pool in a bar and won over 30 games in a row (in college)...blah, blah, blah...

Did I mention I don't need anymore "Y", but maybe the ladies do.

Oh - I'm in big trouble now!

Lata...

Quoting:
I suspect they're all talk and no action!

Who's all talk and no action?? Hmm???

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

OK TerrieR, so you're not just talk? So now you're going to go "comfort" Willis over in Lombard? Maybe you can invite Dax and Patrick over too? I wanna see pics of that!

Is there any possible way to re-weave this thread back to junipers where it belongs? Poor Sharon probably regrets ever having brought it up! I just looked back and noticed that VV threw the first punch in this bar fight, and he's nowhere to be seen lately! Where's he been, anyway?

Guy S.

Rock Island, IL(Zone 5b)

Oh - the intellectual humor. It almost hurts.

Oh sh!!

I know I'm crazy. How about you?

What else to say (thinking, thinking) - Yah, nothing!

See ya!

The poor person who started this thread disappeared and I wish she'd come back because I want somebody to start conifer cuttings with me.

Nope. Never have been, probably never will be. Sure, I'll go comfort Willis. You did say comfort. I can do that. And if Dax and Patrick want some comforting too, then yep, I'll give it. Ever get an X to bring you that cold beer in a frosted mug you wanted? That servant you have hanging around there, did she jump when you snapped your fingers and say "yes Master"? I have a feeling not. I should give her a call and see if she knows what you're up to on here. Could be a very interesting talk.

You go ahead and re-weave this topic since you're so badly outnumbered and feel the need.

oops! Posted over 2 people.........

Lombard, IL(Zone 5b)

What we need is Guy and Dax to get it on and create a 6'7" with a great vertical. My situation is "real", but you can't stop the imagination. I am sure Sofer will grunt with you when he sees this, but he does seem to have his gentle side. Any "comforting" will have to be cleared with da wife, and Dax will have to patiently wait outside bearing gifts of conifers.

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Quoting:
The poor person who started this thread disappeared and I wish she'd come back because I want somebody to start conifer cuttings with me.

Why don't you D-Mail her? We probably scared her off with the silly banter.

Guy S.

It's probably a good idea that we all go and D-Mail her. I have this strange premonition she "unwatched" the thread.

Quoting:
Ever get an X to bring you that cold beer in a frosted mug you wanted? That servant you have hanging around there, did she jump when you snapped your fingers and say "yes Master"? I have a feeling not. I should give her a call and see if she knows what you're up to on here. Could be a very interesting talk.
Oh yes, I'm sure his wife brought him that cold beer in a frosted mug. I have no doubt he snapped his fingers and is now wearing his beer but at least it was probably delivered with a loving smile on her face.

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Quoting:
Dax will have to patiently wait outside bearing gifts of conifers.

No, those all gotta come this direction!
As for Dax & me, I guess you'll have to look elswhere for that 6-7 leaper . . . he's a great guy, but I don't think he'd be into that any more than I would! Maybe he gets his vertical practice by jumping over his dwarf conifers (Dax be nimble . . . like Jax candlesticks . . . )
Guy S.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.