May daily weather. Spring is SPRINGING!!!!

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Still raining.......
We are up to 4.3 inches for this event.
46 F
Andy P

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Same here Andy, chilly too. Abt. 49 degrees and gray. The daylilies are lovin' it. Growing like wildfire. We are not getting the inches of rain your area has though.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Having my yard toured today by this group of DG'ers here http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/601026/
My yard is only 6 blocks away.
Maybe this will call in our needed rain.
Sidney

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Sugar, rain or not, we expect PICTURES!
Pati

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

"They" are predicting rain this afternoon and tonight, but since "Their" track record is not too good, I watered all my container plants this AM. No rain for so long, and the heat growing hotter every day, I don't dare miss a day of watering. Yesterday I did miss because I was being Queen for the day and my poor Hibiscus and Impatience are hanging on by a thread!
Pati

Observed At: Ft Pierce, Florida
Elevation: 23 ft / 7 m

82 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 58%
Dew Point: 66 °F
Wind: 8 mph from the SW

Heat Index: 85 °F

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

67* a few sprinkles, a bit of sun. I vacumed and mowed. Back out shortly to weed. Daylilies are doing great here too. Looking for a lot of blooms this summer!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

70 °F / 21 °C 31% Humdity

Tomorrow we are supposed to be at
28 degree Celsius = 82.4 degree Fahrenheit

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Sarahskeeper Just wondering If you are getting any of that flooding rain some in the northeast has received? Maybe you haven't or won't where you are located. Saw flooding on the news but did'nt pay good attention exactly where it was occurring.

cuckoo

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Cuckoo, No floods right here. The worst was 50 to 80 miles north. Just north of Boston, southern NH and SW Maine
Hundreds of roads closed, many bridges washed out, dozens of cities and towns flooded and one major sewage treatment plant shut down. It is now releasing 115,000,000 gallons of untreated waste into the major river (Merrimack).
The larger rivers should crest tonight or tomorrow.
Many flooded homes are dealing with backed up sewerage as well, everything is getting backed up.
Worst flooding in 70 years for the affected areas.
There were a few closed roads around here today along with wet basements, etc. but insignificant in comparison.
Andy P

Well, it clouded, poured, and then it was sunny again.
Whole storm was maybe 3 minutes.
Sidney

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

We didn't get anything here, just some wind, clouds, and a promise.

Tomorrow's forecast calls for a morning shower.

Gracie

Just heard thunder, so I can hope.
71.8 °F / 22.1 °C
Thunderstorm Rain Mist
Humidity: 61%
Dew Point: 57.6 °F / 14 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h from the North
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph / 10 km/h
Pressure: 29.88 in / 1011.7 hPa
Heat Index: 76 °F / 24 °C
Hope it gives us a little.
Sidney
No one noticed these today!

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

You just upset Hanna with your bootplanting. "how can she ruin those boots they are gorgeous etc etc.
I love it Sidney.

Sunny today
65 F and quite windy
Janett

Oh Andy I got the seeds yesterday but couldnt get on line to say THANK YOU!! :0))

Janett, They are actually high heeled Sneakers.
Sidney

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sidney, Those sneakers look great. Fun things to plant in, LOL. I did sneakers with Hens and Chicks last month.

Janett, You are welcome, take pics in September/October when they are in flower.

Still raining here, another .4 inch this morning.
It has warmed up to 53 F though and the sun is almost out at times between the showers.
For those die hard weather/disaster observers, here is the latest info on the floods north of here. I think there are 3 video stories at this time.
http://www.boston.com/news/necn/
Sure would be nice to warm up with a bit of sun.
Andy P

Yes Andy and I have had these almost a year just to plant in. I'm a klutz in high heels so that's the best use for them. I looked for your other forum to add them to, but couldn't find it.
Sun is out, but it's chilly in North Florida.
72.0 °F / 22.2 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 33%
Dew Point: 41 °F / 5 °C
Wind: 2.2 mph / 3.5 km/h from the South
Wind Gust: 4.9 mph / 7.9 km/h
And that's our high today.
Sidney

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sidney, I don't do well in high heels either, LOL.
I had to think about the old Sneaker thread, here it is. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/592378/

Well, it's still raining. Half an inch for today, so far.
That brings the total for the past 8 days to 7+ inches.
The only thing that is growing in the cold and wet is this Cedar Fungus. Very slimy, yucky stuff.
It will disappear as soon as the sun comes out.
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper
Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Northwestern Missouri : Party cloudy, breezy, but gorgeous spring day. High around 71 degrees.

cuckoo

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sidney, those are some sneakers!!
70* cool, sun off and on. Planted peppers, tomatoes, flowers and the honeysuckle that came today. Good looking clouds up north. Thunder. Put my tools away, shut off the water, came in and got my clothes off the porch and turned on tv. No warnings. The wind really came up, blew my chair off the porch and it sheeted rain. Then we got small hail. 4/10'' in about 20 minutes. Now the sun is shining.

All I did was wash all but 3 windows this morning.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Billy, now the windows are 'rinsed', LOL
Andy P

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Boy are they! Laugh!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

The sun came out here for 2-3 hours. Right now it's 57 degrees and gray and windy.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

We are catching up to Florida now! :D

Observed At: Moose Jaw, CA
Elevation: 1893 ft / 577 m

82 °F / 28 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 26%
Dew Point: 45 °F / 7 °C
Wind: 16 mph / 26 km/h from the NNE

We have now climbed up130 degrees from our coldest temp (with windchill) this previous winter.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Hail damage on my iris.

Thumbnail by billyporter
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Major bummer about the iris. If we get hail, it is usually in the winter and there are no irises blooming then, but it will mark the succulents.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Poor irises, hope you get some nice weather soon.
Hammered this together yesterday with the help from my both kids. planks have been laying out for 2 years and where some what twisted. Today I filled it up with a thick layer of grassklippings, newspapers and soil (finally got the soil) then indoors an got all the seedlings and seeds and started to fill it up. This bench is 11 ft X 3ft. Also fixed the old temporary flowerbed.

Today
partially sunny
60 F
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Nice coldframe, Janett!

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Janett, You have been busy!!! Will this be a raised bed or cold frame?

Hallelujah!!! The SUN returns, at last.
Normal weather conditions. Low around 50 F high near 70.
Partly cloudy with brisk SW wind.

A note about the flooding up north.
Thousands still can't go home yet, some may be a month or more.
The flood waters are starting to recede.
All the shellfish beds from the New Hampshire border to Cape Cod have been closed due to overflowing waste treatment plants. No Ipswich clams for at least a month.
Andy P

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We've had several nice, relatively cool (for us the low 80's is cool!), low humidity (less than 30%!!), breezy days, but it looks like that is about to change. It's been a very nice break! We've had the a/c off and the windows open several evenings in a row. Yayyy! It's still nice today, but for the rest of the week it is going to be back up to the high 80's and low 90's.

Current conditions:
A Few Clouds 84°F (29°C)
Humidity: 25 %
Wind Speed: NW 16 G 23 MPH
Barometer: 29.96" (1015.1 mb)
Dewpoint: 44°F (7°C)
Heat Index: 82°F (28°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Janett, you have been very productive lately, pigeon cages big enuff for an ostrich, moving cement pavers to new location, and now a wonderful cold frame. Wow... good on you.

It's 94* out there at nearly 2 in the afternoon
Humidity 5% [is there such a thing as negative humidity?]
Same story holds for the rest of the week. With the possibility of some afternoon puffy clouds showing up.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Janett, It's really coming along and looks so nice! You are handy with a hammer.

Andy, the floods are terrible. I'm so glad it's not me, but I wish it was no one.

75* & a cool wind. No rain today, clothesline is full! So why am I not outside? I don't like gnats in my ears! We are too wet to weed, so I get a break.

Here's the flood of 1965 in Nichols. That's our barn and chicken house across the road, and our vehicles.

This message was edited May 17, 2006 2:58 PM

Thumbnail by billyporter
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

I will use it as a coldframe to bring up plants, if some gets started late I will overwinter them indoors or the garage as I have with some DL:S and irises, so the roots get a kick start to next season

I may move it and make a bed there but I will keep it as a coldframe. You can also make a thick straw bed under the soil to create warmth and grow violas and pansies the hardier kind.
Janett

Warm today as it's been all week.

Observed At: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
82 °F / 28 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 59 °F / 15 °C
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.83 in / 1010 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 82 °F / 28 °C
UV: 6 out of 16

This flower is a mariposa lily.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Rain this morning. Now it is sunny and light breezes but didn't make it up to 70 degrees today. More rain, off and on for tomorrow. Excellent growing weather.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Rain this evening and chilly again.

Great growing weather for fruit trees, berries, asparagus, broccoli, and lettuce. Terrible weather for corn, beans, melons,tomatoes, and sweet potatoes.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Lovely Mariposa, last year we had fields of them... this year haven't seen a one as yet.

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView

They are one of my very favorite flowers. I get all excited when I see one. I haven't been out in the wild lately so I don't know how they are doing this year.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Currently:
Observed At: Moose Jaw, CA
Elevation: 1893 ft / 577 m

82 °F / 28 °C

Humidity: 28%
Dew Point: 46 °F / 8 °C
Wind: 13 mph / 20 km/h from the North
Wind Gust: 18 mph / 30 km/h
Pressure: 29.68 in / 1005 hPa
Visibility: 15.0 miles / 24.1 kilometers

Today's forecasted high:
High 31. UV index 7 or high.

31 degree Celsius = 87.8 degree Fahrenheit

Planting cold and warm season crops at the same time this year. ;)

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

68* and windy again! House is clean tho. Waiting for a porch day.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

A beauty here.
Low 47 F, high 75, currently 72. Partly cloudy, South wind at 12.
NO RAIN FOR 2 DAYS.
Showers forecast for tonight and tomorrow.
I finally got the tomatoes planted, some Dahlias and Petunias, too.

Billy, that looks mighty relaxing. Wish I had a porch.
Andy P

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.