Do you grow Geraniums

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Does anybody here grow any kind of geranium?

I grow the scented geraniums, some regals, and I've started getting into the Angel Geraniums, and have a few fancy leaf geraniums.

I love them, their easy to propigate, and grow fast and well here forme.

Just wanted to find out if there are any other geranium lovers here

kathy

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

I do *love* the scented geraniums, and a few of the 'fancy leaf' varieties, but they've always died during the winter for me with my house full of tropicals....so now I'm down to *none*, lol!!

I tried over-wintering 3 years in a row, and finally had to give up!

I loved having the Peppermint scented geranium in the summer....it got sooooo BIG and smelled wonderful when someone brushed against it.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I use to put them in my garage in the winter under lights, and they died that winter too, I have a greenhouse now, and they do very well in the greenhouse during the winter, I'm affraid mine would die too in the house. Not enough light

kathy

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

I have two hanging in the GH that were given to me after I got the GH up and started filling it. They have bloomed all winter. Two Saturdays ago I hung them out on the patio, and we had company and they laughed and said I bet you are the only one around that has flowers blooming this time of the year. Then I took them into my GH and they couldn't believe that there were Hibiscus and Brugs blooming like crazy, and Elephant Ears growing. and a rice paper plant taking over. I can't wait until I can unload the GH and have everything outside looking wonderful again.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

WEll, you got more blooming than I do, LOL I 've always wanted to try that rice paper plant, it sounds neat.

kathy

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I have a few as bonsai starts.

Al

Thumbnail by tapla
Compton, AR(Zone 6a)

I have several pots full in my utility/plant room that I have carried over year after year. I just went out to check, and discovered one that I had pulled and put into a jar of water. It is looking great, so I potted it! I have both the regular type , and the scented. There have been blooms off and on all winter on the unscented ones. I have well over 150 potted plants indoors, of many varieties, and have various ones in bloom all winter.

Westford, MA(Zone 5b)

Hey I just found a great web site showing various pictures of geraniums. Check out the Gallery and Thumb Gallery:

http://geraniumgallery.net/

Enjoy!
Sue

PS In answer to your question I plan to try some geraniums this year again after a long break from growing them.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I just got an order in from hobbsfarm. I do recommend them, their fantastic, great big plants, and good packing methods, shipping is high but after ordering dinky plants from other sites, I'd pay double for their shipping anyday.

kathy

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Holy cow! What a fantastic site, for reference ...

wish they sold those beauties LOL thanks for posting it

kathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.