Post-Op Bariatric Proceedure

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Just keep close contact with your doctor.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

oh I do, have blond panels done about every two months...matter fact just got my BC&BS statement in today on my last. I hate having to take medication for this but I also hate living the way I was before the medication.

Congrats on the 3lbs and save me a dance when you get slim and trim we will have to go out on the town! I think IO1 (and Kota of course), Chelle and I could road trip to Florida for a weekend of dancing! *G*

Sounds good to me! I was also a dance instructor in my younger days. Maybe losing 90 more pounds will let me dance again?

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

lol I'm sure it will and if you don't mind me stepping on your toes I'll dance till dawn.

Last night I ate to fast that it felt like a huge rock was in my stomach. I kind of forgot to chew and take small amounts. Seems I was lost in conversation and forgot that I am a "special person" and must eat properly by eating slowly and chewing thoroughly. What happens when I overdo and eat to fast is a sudden feeling of fullness that comes without warning after just a 1/2 cup of food but as I explained it is not comfortable. That rocky bloated feeling in my esophogus is one feeling that I don't want to have again and I guaraaaanteeeee you ---- I will remember when eating.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Oh Tplant, sorry you had a bad "learning experience". Being a talker myself, I know how it is to get lost in conversation around a dinner table. Usually reality sets in later and I wonder, "Did I really eat all that?" LOL

You are doing so great, it seems that you have had very few slip-ups. BTW, I used to love to dance the Salsa. I can still swing the tushy, but the legs don't move so good. (giggle)
Pati

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Tplant,
When you're done getting thinner you should take Pati dancing... (NB: I have NO idea how far apart places in Florida are.)
xxx, Carrie

Let me lose some more weight and we'll see what happens. Meanwhile tomorrow is weigh-in day.

Tplant ... have been wondering how your progress was coming. Yes, I think you and Pati would do well together ... she with her new knees and you skinny and all. LOL Please let us know how your day is tomorrow. Will keep my fingers crossed for you!
I'm still saying prayers even when I'm not posting.
Hugs&blessings ... Elaine

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Hey now wait a minute your trying to give away my dancing partner! jeezzzz *G*

Another Friday and you know what that means? Now take in mind that my doctor said that I can eat anything nutritious and I have been eating potatos(baked), some noodles in moderation and drinking lots of liquids like the sugar free flavored water and of course plain water and non-carbonated sugar-free drinks. I'm really concerned because I don't feel any lighter? Well, here goes! Stand by? Be right back!

And the scale says "287lbs" that's 3lbs less than last Friday? Wow!!! I can't believe it! This is fantastic considering I've not been on a very restricted diet. Actually all I've eliminated is sugar and of course I'm not eating for two as I used to do and still no ravenous hunger. I am really surprised and quite pleased with my progress. Can you tell? If the morbidly obese can only afford this proceedure what a boon this would be to humanity. Just the savings on medication plus the great reduction of odds of contracting heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, clogged arteries, breathing disorders and on and on. Lots of insurance companies now cover this surgery as they are starting to realize the financial savings on their part. True the cost in my area, Fort Lauderdale-Miami is $15M to $20M, my cost was only $1200 thanks to my insurance. Medicare may be active in this program so go for it!!!

Hurray! That's just great, tplant. Keep up the good work. I'm smiling for you.
Hugs&blessings ... elaine

Hooray Tplant! I'm DANCING for you. It isn't the Salsa, but the dance of joy!!!!!
Pati

Thanks again Elaine! I can't believe the amount of weight I've lost since 3/10 the date of my surgery? I was 308lbs then and now six weeks later 287lbs? That's 21lbs? I was 329lbs back in December 05 when the doctor put me on a modified diet so the surgery would be safer. I did lose some weight but when I had a surgery date ,he put me on the liquid diet for a month and I losed the remaining weight until my surgery which I was then 308lbs. That is a loss of 42lbs total? I must say it has been a lot easier to lose weight after my surgery as I am never, really hungry and when I do have some hunger pangs I'll have some food but in moderation, maybe a cupful and I'm satisfied. Notice I said satisfied and not full....

Thanks Pati -- I hope to be dancing real soon. Save a Tango for me? The kids of today don't even know what that is? LOL

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Gosh, Tplant - if my DH had been on the same regimens as you have he might be 42 lbs. lighter? Were you hungry on your liquid diet pre-surgery?
xxx, Carrie

Only for the first day. Afterward it became easier. The Carnation Instant Breakfast(Ograms Osugar) was a big help. Whenever I would get real hungry and my stomach would growl I would mix-up a drink or open a container. I had both on hand. The fat-free Campbells soups mixed with 1% milk was and still is a great satisifier. Fat-free yogurt with fruit and a few other goodies were life savers. They call it a liquid diet but it really isn't. Egg whites were OK and some cheese with it to make an omelet. It really wasn't so bad but you can't stay on it for the rest of your life thus the lap-band surgery.

I'm going to my primary doctor tomorrow at 11am for a blood profile to make certain that my cholesterol is OK. Also vitamin B-12 must be in balance along with other vitamins and minerals. I am concerned because at one time I was told that I would have to be taking anti-cholesterol meds for the rest of my life and I've not taken any since end of January. Also bought some new and smaller size clothes today. Good feeling to buy off the rack without going to "Big Mens Catolog". I haven't been able to do this for many years!!!!!

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Sounds like you are doing great! I am keeping tabs on ya so keep on keeping on and know that you are being prayed for here in Idaho.

Lani

New clothes?!!!!! I hope you got some new dancing shoes! Wonderful progress, I hope your checkup goes as well.
Pati

You're in my prayers today Tplant. Hope you get a great report.

Just got back from the doctor. This is my Primary Physcian. I have not visited him since before my surgery for pre-surgery tests. He drew blood for a profile and I told him I never felt better with the exception of my post polio syndrome with makes my legs weak and of course the arthritis discomfort. However my blood pressure was 134/84 which is OK. On my pre-surgery check-up all was well also so I think I am on the right track. I weighed 290 on his scale but this was fully clothed and with my orthopedic shoes.

Wow Tplant ... that's awesome! Bet you were smiling big time! :)

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Fantastic Tplant. I am proud of you. Keep it up and you will be dancing the night away soon with all the ladies from DG.

Lani

YEAH MAN !!!!

A little set-back this week. My surgeon said I can eat anything but be careful with bread and pasta and I was just that. I had four pieces of bread for the entire week and last night some macoroni and cheese as a side dish along with my chicken and veggies. Today the scale says 290..A gain of 3lbs? Very disappointing and you can bet "no more bread and pasta for me!" Carbohydrates never agreed with me as Dr Atkins Diet proved it to be so. This is a small set-back but a good learning experience for me as I can live my life without the foods that ruined my health. Now I know why I was feeling bloated on certain days this week? Well out to my melon garden and my new garden scooter from "Gardeners Supply." LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Tplant you should find that those pounds drop pretty quickly as they are more bloat weight. If you are feeling you really want pasta try Dreamfield as it's a lower carb as well as fat pasta and honest it taste just as good. As far as the bread *G* wheat is of course better but bread is still bread and it's an evil nasty terrible thing *LOL* If you can't find the pasta you let me know and I'll send you some to try ASAP. Can't having our Tplant doing without.

Thank you for your concern araness but I'd rather do without because to me it would have the same affect as an alcholic just having a social drink!! I'd rather do without than tempt myself.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

T-plant,

Which garden scooter do you have? The plasticky one or the metal tractor seat one? I think they would be worth it for me except my balance n'existe plus that means it doesn't exist anymore. Which one relies less on one's sense of balance?

Keep up the good work, T-, you know we're all rooting for you.

xxxx, Carrie

The tractor seat from Gardeners Supply.

Hi Tplant
Have been away from the puter for a few days ... but haven't stoppped rootin for you! Sorry to here about the "small" set back ... but know it's just that. You are determined and I'm sure those pounds will come right off.
Keep up the good work ... and I'm still here praying for you.
Hugs ... Elaine

Hi Again -- Just for the heck of it I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 288 ??? Only 1lb heavier than prior reading. My body must be going through a period of adjustment as I noticed the fat is disappearing from my mid section and I am definetly getting slimmer. I'll be seeing the surgeon tomorrow at 1pm and looking forward to it.

Meanwhile if anyone wants to move this thread as it is getting long please do. I don't know how ?

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/600158/

Tplant here is the new thread

Woops!!! You beat me to it araness. I get the Adm to erase mine.
Thanks
Pati

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.