iris offer

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Ok, I have some light purple, almost blue unnamed irises for postage or trade of some named ones. I will have hundreds of these to offer, they're very pretty and have a nice fragrance and since they're blooming now, they must be rebloomers. I am trying to replace these clumps with named irises. Takers????
I'll be digging and dividing them in July, August and September. (sorry about the poor quality photo, is it me or my camera??!!?)

This message was edited Mar 7, 2006 10:57 AM

Thumbnail by weegy12
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Weegy,
You have d-mail.

Deb

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

I would love to have some for postage..LMK..

Loretta..

Burlington, NC(Zone 7b)

I would love to do some for postage and perhaps a trade into the future?

Swoznick

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

postage please?

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Would love them for postage. Thanks..

Larkie

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi I would love to have some!!! Happy day I was just talking about irises to one of the nurses on the unit about them .Please let me know .>>> Thank You sharon

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

weegy--rebloomers? Do they bloom in the fall too?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

If you want some of these beauties, just d-mail me with your addy! I'm thinking they are rebloomers as they are in bloom now and quite abundantly I might add!
I am hoping more than anything that someone can offer me some extra named ones in trade for these but postage will be fine too. Sorry about not getting back to you sooner, sicky poo!

Edited to add: Gotcha down for a box...Sharon, Suzy, Loretta and Deb.

This message was edited Mar 22, 2006 12:56 PM

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

If anyone wants some unnamed white ones, with yellow centers, let me know. Another unnamed clump bloomed and it's white.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Oh, I would like have a few of the solid white also! You can just mix the blue and the white together in a big box. Thanks a bunch!

Deb

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

You got it, Deb!

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I hope to have some named ones to trade this year. I tried to specialize in rebloomers. I'd like the blue ones and the white ones for postage and then will see what I can send you later......

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Yea woodspirit, that is so awesome. I'm trying to replace about 15 clumps with named ones...I know it's going to be hard to trade unnamed ones for named ones but I sure hope someone will help me out. Thanks so much.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

With the exception of 'Immortality', which can probably spare a couple of fans, I'm afraid my iris are all to new to divide... But I'd love some of your blues (whites too, if any are unclaimed) for trade or postage.

Can I interest you in a couple of African Violets? I've got some plantlets that will be a good size by May, especially 'Allegro Apalachian Trail' and a noid (no official ID) I call "Big Blue." I've got lots of other varieties going and can always start extras for you now to ship at the end of summer.

I should also have extra well-rooted cuttings of some scented geraniums, for sure 'Attar of Roses' and 'Cocoa Mint Rose', and probably 'Chocolate Peppermint' also.

Here's a photo of "Big Blue." He's one of my favorite African Violets, as he's in constant bloom, plus he's big & tough and just loves to grow in one of those self-watering pots... African Violets in general do not deserve their reputation for being finicky, and this one is particularly resiliant!

Thumbnail by critterologist
Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

I would love any blue or white that you have left! I am new to the 'Iris' world and just planted my first last fall! I'm in love! Let me know! Thanks!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Here's a picture of them in bloom I took this morning...

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

...and another, think I have enough???!?!!?!!??

Thumbnail by weegy12
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

weegy~ I didn't know it was possible to have enough iris! LOL!

critter~gorgeous African Violet!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I guess you're right flower!
Critter, I would love some african violets, that's a beautiful blue, my favorite color by the way. Can I have a cutting of each of your scented geraniums? I'll send irises in July. D-mail with your addy.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Woohooo! Irises for me, and a home for some AV babies! I will Dmail you!

This message was edited Mar 24, 2006 3:21 PM

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

It's a deal, Critter!

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

would love some of your iris....please count me in.....I love the postage boxes that you can ship for one price, I believe the new rate now is $8.10....a bargin in itself...you can stuff as much as you can into the box. Does not matter what it weighs....they have 2 size boxes, same price....

Deann

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Deann, the flat rate box is just that, flat rate, no matter what it weighs! I sent out boxes last year stuffed to the brim and at that time it was 7.70. You're on my list.

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Do you still have some irises left for postage? I would love some of the white with yellow, as well as the solid white. I'm just getting started with irises and have the perfect place for them.

Marie

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have plenty left! Just e-mail me your address and I'll get them to you in July. Postage is 8.10 for a flat rate box. The white I have has yellow in them, there's not just a solid white. Let me know what you want and there's still so many purple left too.

Crossville, TN

Weegy..I am so glad I found this...I would love some for postage...both colors!!

I have a hard time bending and working in the garden but a friend came over and brought 3 bags of horse poo and worked it in around what flowers I have...which I am trying to "do" Irises...she prepared an additional bed so I have one ready!!

I love Iris...and Lilac's, and Wisteria...and ....Oh well...you know! Jo

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Hi roadrunner!
Just d-mail me with your addy and let me know how many boxes you want and I'll get them to you. Each box is 8.10 and I won't be shipping til July. Let me know if that works for you. Just don't put horse poo around your irises!
I also love wisteria, lilacs and irises, we have something in common!

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Hey There,
I would love some of both for postage. You let me know when you start digging hear? You still have my paper??? Here's apic of the ones I got from you last season Louise. Some of them are about ready to bloom. Are'nt they beautiful? CA. iris sure grow good in Tn.
hugs Winni

Thumbnail by winnietn
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Hi Winnie,
Yes I still have your paper! Where have you been? I'll send you some purple and whites too. Thanks for the pic!

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

You have d-mail :-)

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Meant to say I WILL have some named ones to trade in the future but not for a while ,ordered alot from Laura's co-ops.I just startet with Iris last year and most of them are unnamed .

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I'd love to join the crowd. I just love blue flowers!
(no whites, please)
I have a trillion I may be able to divide, and also have dover beach and prissy miss.

I want to wait to see if dover beach and prissy miss are really what they say they are, though, first. They were HD purchases, and you never know about those for sure, until they bloom...

If iris don't work out, I have MANY other things to trade. Like roses??
-T

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Just D-mail me with colors and how many boxes you want. I don't have room for more roses and am hoping and praying for named irises...I have Dover Beach but will look up Prissy Miss. Thanks!

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 9a)

I would love some of both colors of the iris for postage if you have any left.

Please let me know.

Dee

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Louise,
I sent postage yesterday.Thank You again for your generous offer :-)

Brigitte

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Yes Dee, there's plenty...remember guys I don't ship til after my orders are filled in July sometime so there's no hurry with postage.
Thanks Brigitte! You are very welcome.

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

I would love some for postage pretty Please robin

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Got it Brigitte, your added to the list!
Yes, Robin, you can have as many as you want! Just send postage when you get around to it...I know you have my addy!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi, I am a newbie to irises, would love some for postage, just tell me where to send and when, thanks!!!!!
Rose_petalzz(Ruby)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.