New Clematis Nursery in the Garden Watchdog!

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

This is a list of the first order:
Chalcedony
Duchess of Edinburgh
Jackmanii
Kiri Te Kanawa
Liberation
Marmori
Monte Cassino
Multi Blue
Pamiat Serdtsa
Patricia Ann Fretwell
Purpurea Plena Elegans
Royalty
Teshio
Venosa Violacea
Violet Elizabeth
Walter Pennell
Then the nine I just ordered are:
Barbara Dibley
Akaishi
Dorothy Walton
Rouge Cardinal
Henryi
Mikelite
Madame Edoaurd Andre
The President
Fireworks
I already had probably twenty from previous years. LOL I really think I need at least one of each of every kind. LOL

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Way to go, Ada! From your list I have:

Kiri Te Kanawa
Liberation
Marmori
Multi Blue
Patricia Ann Fretwell (I don't know if it is still alive...I might have kill it)
Purpurea Plena Elegans
Royalty
Teshio
Venosa Violacea
Dorothy Walton
Henryi
Madame Edoaurd Andre

Your garden is going to look GORGEOUS with all these Clematis in bloom!

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Wow you girls are what I call collectors...I have to look some of those up to see if I should add more to my order...I gotta see that firecracker one... ;o)))

Loretta...

Denver, CO

Greif. I hereby demand pictures when they all bloom. Like a fence on fire or something.

I (only) have 'Kermesina' coming. I just planted a Clem. armandii.
K. James

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm hereby logging my heartfelt plea for pictures of leaves, stems, buds - and of course flowers (and seedheads) for the PlantFiles entries, especially those that haven't had many (any) photos submitted yet ;o)

Loretta: Check out Clematis on the Web http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/ You will find all the ones that we have mentioned and LOTS MORE!

Kenton: 'Kermesina' is a beauty! I don't have C. Armandii. You'll have to give us updates once it starts growing & flowering. Is that variety evergreen? Fragrant?

Terry: Yes, I'll be happy to add more info & pictures to Plant Files. I tend to add information & photos in spurts, like when the weather is rainy or to cold to be gardening outside. I always seem to focus on the flowers (understandably because they are so beautiful), but I'll try to remember to photograph the other parts too!

Denver, CO

C armandii is evergreen and fragrant, a marginal zone 7. 2-3", four to six narrow white petals in March and April. Long, narrow leaves are glossy.

Good Point, Terry. the Clematis genus is a bit lean. Usually after a nice special interest thread like this, those thin genera get some help. I'll encourage a Clemtiphile friend to add some of hers.
K. James

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Yes folks, I do grow clematis in Florida. And thank you very much for the info. I had to order four from her. She is shipping out Tuesday and they will be here on Thursday. I have several clematis and most have buds on them now.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

James, I have the C. Armandii also. I thought it had died last year but when I was digging two weeks ago, I saw it was beginning to put out. It hasn't done well for me so far. I purchased it two years ago from a vender at the Southern Spring Show. Maybe this year will be a charm. LOL Most of the Clematis I have planted in my yard, I don't have the names anymore.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

I just ordered eight clematis from this company, and six arrived within three day.
The other two needed a little more time, so they are suppose to arrive in a couple weeks. I was really amazed at the nice size of the root systems. Then I placed an order with Chalk kill and ordered another 6 clematis, so now the fun begins, trying to decide where to place them.

We're are going to have some gorgeous Clematis blooms showcased on DG! Can't wait!!

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

LOL, with all this buying going on, I hope Debbie hasn't sold the ones she's holding for me!

Not to worry!

She's holding some for me too..I just might have to order more,I keep going back and looking and seeing a couple more I JUST GOTTA HAVE !!... ;o)))

Loretta..

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Shirley,
WE should start a part 2 thread this one is getting kinda long. I'm not sure how to do it though. Will try to get some pics of my Clar De Lune (Blue Moon) that is covered with Buds. It made it through the last big frost!!!

Schererville, IN(Zone 5a)

She is holding mine, too......I have to go get the money order tomorrow, as I keep putting it off..LOL........I am not used to that.....LOL....Everywhere else I mail checks.....no biggie, though.

She's also "holding" some of mine until they have a well developed root system. I would rather wait then be sent a Clematis that isn't ready for planting out in the garden and that needs a lot of t.l.c.

gldandrews: I'll be happy to start a Part 2 thread.

Here's a link for Part 2 http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/587347/

Thanks I'm glad your starting a new one..I gotta see what everyones getting..!! ;o)))

Loretta..

A "true" Clematis addict! :~)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.