A stroll through Lowes

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

I was walking through Lowes the other day and I had my camera phone out taking random photos. I know that all of them are not houseplants but I did not know anywhere else to post this. I made this little collage using FotoFusion, the free version. I thought you might enjoy some of the pretty flowers like I did.

JesseK

Thumbnail by Plantcrazii
Westford, MA(Zone 5b)

JesseK - just beautiful. Plants in nice condition -- Hard to believe they are all from Lowes!

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes I know. Some of them were not very pretty. But I did manage to find a few that looked good. I love walking through stores taking pictures of everything with my camera phone. People look at me like I am crazy, but when I see a pretty plant or flower, I know that it will never again look like it looks at that moment, so I take a picture of it. Once in a while I go to Home Depot and find a few. But most of the time theirs are all dying.

JesseK

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

I love your collage! Can you use pictures taken with a regular digital camera with that program or is it primarily geared toward camera phones? I thought that pics taken with camera phones would be grainy and of poor quality, but boy was I wrong! I need to upgrade to a camera phone myself - I have a digital camera (and a regular cell phone), but to have a phone and cam all in one would be much more convenient.
As far as Lowes and Home Depot go, there is a thread around here somewhere about how Home Depot takes care of their plants (or doesn't take care of them, rather.) Pre-Katrina our Home Depot and Lowes both had fairly good selections, and the plants seemed to be well taken care of. But it seems to be taking a long time for them to build their stock back up, and the last time I went (about a month or so ago) neither had any houseplants.

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

I just re-discovered the other thread and realized that you are the "scavenger!" If rescuing dropped pieces of plants and taking pictures of beautiful flowers is crazy, then sign me up to join the club!

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

herlurie,

Yes, that is me, the scavenger. LOL And proud to be one. If I can save any part of a plant and make a new one, that makes me so happy. And the camera phone that I have is from a Treo 650, a very expensive, top of the line phone/PDA that I got because my dear hubby has a close friend who works for Sprint. I would not normally have such a nice phone. So it does pay to know someone who gets big discounts and works for Sprint.

JesseK

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

herlurie and JesseK: I love to walk through HD or Lowe's and if there's a piece of a plant laying on the floor, I pick it up and ask for a bag for it when I leave!! Some of my nicest things came off of the floor!!

Pat

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes they do. And when I go into Lowes or Home Depot, or even Walmart, I am always on the lookout. I am growing a cool cactus that I found a piece of on the floor in HD. So it is amazing what you can find if you look careful enough.

JesseK

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Wow, Jesse...those are *great* photos!
Thanks for sharing them.

Lucky you to have that nice phone...but then again, you know....good things *do* happen to good people!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.