February Daily Weather Wants vs Needs part II

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

And more of it is heading your way...........

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Burrrr again in Moose Jaw, I love that name.
Sunny here and 72.5 °F / 22.5 °C, 53 °F / 12 °C, 50%, SSE at 4.9 mph. An absolutely beautiful day!!!
Thanks for the reminder Blooms, my memory is so bad.
Sidney

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I think the rest of them are in hibernating mode Sidney. :)

Jay Leno likes it a lot too. ;)

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Observed At: Ft Pierce, Florida
Elevation: 23 ft

75 °F /
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 53%
Dew Point: 57 °F
Wind: 5 mph / from the East

The clouds they speak of are the huge puffy marshmellow ones that make the sky look even bluer.

Wish I could share......
Pati

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

So do I Pati ....... since I have almost no snow cover I'm not expecting much to show up this spring. :(

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It was 63° this morning at 7:30 when I took my daughter to her school bus. Now it's 55° and very grey. I think I'd better run my errands early! I suspect the roads are going to be wet and icky pretty soon. (As I type this, I'm chasing a bee out of the window. It's a bit early for them even here, I think!)

Overcast 55°F (13°C)
Humidity: 83 %
Wind Speed: N 16 MPH
Barometer: 30.24" (1024.4 mb)
Dewpoint: 50°F (10°C)
Wind Chill: 51°F (11°C)

Hey, look! We may get a winter weather advisory! Am I still in Texas or did I wake up back in Ohio?? Sounds like a good weekend for chili. :-)

Quoting:
829 AM CST FRI FEB 17 2006

...STRONG COLD FRONT MOVING THROUGH SOUTHEAST TEXAS THIS MORNING USHERING IN MUCH COOLER AIR...

A STRONG COLD FRONT IS MOVING THROUGH SOUTHEAST TEXAS THIS MORNING AND IS EXPECTED TO BE OFF THE COAST LATER THIS MORNING. MUCH COLDER AIR WILL CONTINUE TO FILTER IN BEHIND THE FRONT RESULTING IN A RETURN TO MORE WINTER LIKE CONDITIONS FOR THE AREA.

TODAY`S HIGH TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO OCCUR THIS MORNING. READINGS WILL FALL THROUGHOUT THE DAY WITH LOWER 40S INLAND AND LOWER TO MID 50S ALONG THE COAST EXPECTED BY SUNSET. CLOUDY SKIES AND INCREASING RAIN CHANCES CAN ALSO BE EXPECTED.

FROM TONIGHT AND ON THROUGH THE WEEKEND...CLOUDY SKIES...COLD TEMPERATURES AND THE CHANCE OF RAIN WILL PERSIST. AT THIS TIME... PRECIPITATION ACROSS MUCH OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS IS EXPECTED TO BE ONLY RAIN AS TEMPERATURES REMAIN ABOVE FREEZING. THERE IS A CHANCE FOR SOME FREEZING RAIN ACROSS THE NORTHERN COUNTIES OF THE AREA... ROUGHLY ALONG AND NORTH OF A LINE FROM BRENHAM TO HUNTSVILLE TO TRINITY...SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING. COMPUTER MODELS CONTINUE TO POINT TOWARD THE POSSIBILITY OF EVEN COLDER TEMPERATURES FURTHER SOUTH THAN IS CURRENTLY FORECASTED. IF THIS TREND PERSISTS...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORIES MAY EVENTUALLY BE REQUIRED FOR AREAS FURTHER TO THE SOUTH.

WEEKEND TRAVEL NORTH AND WEST OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS...TOWARD THE RED RIVER OR THE HILL COUNTRY AREAS...SHOULD BE AVOIDED IF POSSIBLE DUE TO THE CHANCE OF FREEZING OR FROZEN PRECIPITATION. WINTER WEATHER ADVISORIES... INCLUDING WATCHES OR WARNINGS...WILL LIKELY BE ISSUED FOR PORTIONS OF THESE AREAS.

This message was edited Feb 17, 2006 11:06 AM

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

58° at 9 PM last night......32° now
lots of thunder and rain last night and then a little bit of snow

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Frost on the porch roof this morning. 60% chance of rain tomorrow. Maybe I should help things along and do a rain dance. ;-)

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

It's cloudy on the east side of the valley but they're high clouds, no moisture. high haze dimming the sunshine.

It's 38* out with a breeze that makes it feel chillier
Hum 24%
DP 5*F
Just another late winter day.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

We had a humdinger of a windy day. Short Thunderstorm this AM with side-ways rain. Temps dropped from 48° to 38 in about 20 minutes. High steady winds with gusts to 60 mph. We have to get the tree limbs and sticks picked up right away as it is suposed to snow tomorrow and Ican't run the snow blower in the areas where there are sticks.

Pleasant and sunny now, winds back down to about 20-30 mph.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Mighty noisy day here with all the wind.
High this morning was 52F, low is now at 38 and dropping fast. Northwest winds at 20 gusting to 50 roaring through the trees. A tenth of an inch of rain that started just as I was stepping out the door for Sarah's daily walk, we waited. She didn't like that, LOL.
All the snow, except for the larger piles, is now gone. 15 inches, gone in less than 5 days.
Andy P

We had a tiny bit of rain this afternoon. And look, we even have a wind chill. How funny!

Updated: 3:51 PM PST on February 17, 2006
Observed At: Van Nuys, California
50 °F / 10 °C
Light Rain
Windchill: 46 °F / 8 °C
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 42 °F / 6 °C
Wind: 12 mph / 18 km/h from the South

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

Updated: 9:55 PM CST on February 17, 2006
Observed At: Dubuque, Iowa
Elevation: 1076 ft / 328 m

-8 °F / -22 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: -29 °F / -34 °C
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: -20 °F / -29 °C
Wind: 15 mph / 24 km/h from the NW
Pressure: 30.71 in / 1040 hPa
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers

Lilypon, I'd like to return your Artic cold front. Are you listed in the exchange?

*crawling back under my down comforter*

mg

LOL, you wish. Burrrrrrrrrrrr.
;)

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

LOLOLOLOLOL ;)

Here's something to make you feel better. One of the few that was actually working in town.....remember it doesn't measure windchill.

MG we are starting to warm up now so won't be sending more your way. :)

This message was edited Feb 17, 2006 11:13 PM

Thumbnail by Lilypon

Alright everyone go out side to the North side of the house and blow hot air towards Moose Jaw and Dubuque. You all know we have plenty of it.
;)

*shudder*

Why did I look at that?

I'm gonna hibernate until I see one reading 80*!

mg

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

A little bit of sick info here........

To determine the effect of windchill the Canadian Department of National Defence once used human volunteers to determine how quickly skin would freeze.

I'd only volunteer out in BC. ;S

Our newspaper describe the cold as.......

It's so cold, the wind chill is right below where the Celcius and Fahrenheit scales meet -- possibly because the scales are huddling to keep warm. ;)

Make room for me under that comforter mg.

BLOW HARD .......... and send some moisture from the Gulf please!!!!!!! :D

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Lilypon, reading your thermometer I feel warmer but not warm enough.
Yesterday we got half an inch of snow and when I woke up this morning another inch had landed. GRR

Its only 17 Days left to my DD Hanna's Birthday, and by then on a NORMAL winter all the snow has melted. The only snow that remains here by that time is the residue of the plowed piles. Can you tell that I am tired of the snow :0))

The only small joy I have is that my Morning Glory that I grew indoors this winter have a flower on it today, My first MG ever :0) It looks alot more mauvecolourd on this picture then it really is. Darn Digicamera wont put up brownish colours right. Its a little paler and more of light milkchocolate brown.
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D

Current Conditions
Updated: 6:55 AM CST on February 18, 2006
Observed At: Dubuque, Iowa
Elevation: 1076 ft / 328 m

-17 °F / -27 °C
Clear
Windchill: -27 °F / -33 °C
Humidity: 64%
Dew Point: -26 °F / -32 °C
Wind: 4 mph / 6 km/h from the WSW
Pressure: 30.71 in / 1040 hPa

My patio door has a layer of ice going half way up it. On the inside!

mg

Oh my gosh, mg...that just boggles my mind!!!!!!
Pati

Quick Pati, tell me how warm it is there. Maybe I can fantasize and fool myself.

I left the furnace set on 70* last night instead of turning it down. It was having a hard time keeping the actual inside temp above 62*. It's 52* in here right now. I turned the furnace up to 80* just to see if it would get any warmer.

Brrr Brrr Brrrrrrrrr

mg

mg, I'm almost embarrased to post.....seems too much like bragging...but you KNOW I would share with you and lilypon too if I could! We are heading for 80° today.

Observed At: Ft Pierce, Florida
Elevation: 23 ft

57 °F
Clear
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 55 °F
Wind: Calm

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mg is sitting on a beach. It is 80*, the gentle winds are jasmine scented. The sun's rays warm my skin. Oh! Here comes that *very* nice cabana boy with my Daiquiri. Siiiiip. Ah, how refreshing. The call of the tropical birds and the sound of the waves gently lulls me to sleep. The cabana boy tiptoes over and adjusts the beach umbrella.
~~~~~~~~~

Thumbnail by mornin_gayle
Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

mg. . .we're all coming to join you. . .don't care what kind of weather we're having. But then, judging from chat room experience, no more Shhhhhhhhhhhh. But we'd sure have a good time.

We had some rain yesterday, not as much as forecast, but more on the way.

Temperature: 39.9 °F
Dew Point: 37.2 °F
Humidity: 90%
Wind: ESE at 3mph
Pressure: 30.04in
Precipitation: 0in/hr

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

10°F low and up to 14°F now
Altitude 880 ft.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Kelli I never thought wind chill would be reported there (still have a hard time wrapping my head around Florida's lower temps too).

mg for a minute or two, with sunlight streaming through the windows here, I could picture the above. :)

While my location has warmed up considerably:

-15°C
FEELS LIKE -25°C
WIND W 26 km/h
GUSTS
RELATIVE HUMIDITY 50%
DEWPOINT -23°C

it looks like many still are gonna be in the deep freeze.......

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Blizzard here now

Well, it's sunny,78.1 °F / 25.6 °C, dew pt. 55 °F / 13 °C, humidity 45%, wind SSW at 5.0 mph, low was 56.8 °F / 13.8 °C.
I got a darling e-mail and shared it over in Jokes and chats.
Maybe it will at least warm our hearts.
Sidney

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

We just had another cold front come through with a snow squall.
High temp this AM was 30F low right now at 22. Wind NW at 20 gusts to 33 mph, wind chill in single digits. Gonna be a cold one tonight.
I think we can forget about the 'mud season' for a few days, LOL.
Andy P

Lilypon, reporting a wind chill above freezing or maybe 40F seems pretty ridiculous to me, but whatever.

We got 0.3 inches of rain yesterday and overnight. It's not much, but won't hurt. They are calling for a 70% chance of rain tonight and for the snow level to drop to 2500 ft. If it snows, I'll try to get a picture. I think the hills to the north of here are of sufficient height. I've seen snow there before, but it's been years.

Updated: 9:51 AM PST on February 18, 2006
Observed At: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
46 °F / 8 °C
Light Rain
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 42 °F / 6 °C
Wind: Calm

Thumbnail by Kelli
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Currently 18 degrees, with 20-30 mph winds. We were supposed to get snow - but I think Dyson kept it for himself LOL - The system shifted a little south and we didn't get any YET.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

snow stopped here - did not even get enough to mess up the roads - it was just a "pretty" dusting.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Rained gently all night long and continuing. . .this ought to bring up a fresh crop of spring weeds when I just got the first crop under control. Thank goodness for pre-emergent!
We're on a warming trend, and none too soon. . . .brrrrrrrrr the last couple of days.

Temperature: 40.8 °F
Dew Point: 38.7 °F
Humidity: 92%
Wind: ESE at 1mph
Pressure: 30.05in
Precipitation: 0.04in/hr

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

It is 17 degrees here BRRRRRRRRR

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

We just popped up to 17 F here too. Low was 7 wind NW at 10 Gusts to 25 mph, wind chill still in single digits. Clear blue sky. Expected high temp is 28 F.
Andy P

Well it's overcast here 60 miles north of Daytona Beach on their big race day.
Here at noon: 53.8 °F / 12.1 °C, 42 °F / 6 °C, 65%, ENE at 6.3 mph / 10.1 km/h.
Got the laundry off the line and in before it got too damp. But was looking forward to hanging some sheets today. I'll wait, tomorrow is supposed to be better.
Sidney

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

It's 37* outside right now, with snowflakes popping out in the air, so far not really falling just kinda floating around.
DP 25*
Hum 54%

Basically a white out all over the sky look.
Wish I thought there was some real moisture in this.
Have a good day all you lucky folks with precipitation.

Pahrump, NV(Zone 8b)

Omg, omg, omg....we got RAIN! I've heard of it, dreamed of it, first I seen of it this year.

Will try to send some up north your way BloomsWithaView.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Rain in Pahrump... I come thru there on my way home from DV, I didn't figure it ever rained there anymore than it does here. The transient snow flakes have stopped here. ...too warm to snow and too dry to rain. I'm waiting and thanks for the thought Dana.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.