February Daily Weather Wants vs Needs part II

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Andy,
My forecast starting tomorrow calls for definitely warmer weather this week. Yes, today was was hardly out of freezing temps. So my weather tends to head your way in a day or two.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well I shouldn't complain about chilly day in NC after reading Andy's report. I bet when you asked Sarah iif she wanted to go out she gave you one of those "Are you crazy?" looks. Or does she like the sunshine and cold? I know she has a pretty coat just for ddays like today. That 30mph gust is whats so painful.
Sidney

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Hi everyone from Northwestern Missouri : Our picnic like weather(over exaggerated) continues and winter as we know it never has come.

It's very dry and we could use some moisture here in the heartland. None in the forecast.

cuckoo

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sarah and I went out for a few minutes in late morning to brush off the car and driveway. The sun was strong and melted what was left. She didn't bug me much for her walk, though.
We did of course do the cookie toss in the afternoon.
She is out now 'talking' to the dogs next door. LOL
Should be in the low single digits tonight with Wind chills well below zero.
Stay warm
Andy P

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We got quite a bit of rain this weekend, which was very nice. The weeds in the garden are looking nice and perky, which isn't quite so nice. Hopefully I can get out there today and do some pulling. It is going to be back up to 73° this afternoon and is going to get warmer all week. Yayy! :-)

Current conditions:
Shallow Fog 50°F (10°C)
Humidity: 86 %
Wind Speed: Calm
Barometer: 30.30" (1026.7 mb)
Dewpoint: 46°F (8°C)

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

sugarweed. I have started to think about that I may have to move. Dont look forward to it at all and I dont want to. I can never find a place like this here in Sweden to this price and I absolutly wont live in an apartment again. There is a small chance that the landlord will put in "citywater" since the gasstation are on it and I think Shell would have to pay for it to be installed.
I dont have a resume due to bad back. I havent been working for ages :0) and I dont think they would give me a greencard only to trancelate.
I curse those gascompanies that pollute the earth, they have somewhat shattered my dream. I wanted to live more "of the land" with my own veggies and chickens a.s.o and now I dont know if I dare to stay. My DD and I where to get our own chickens to spring and now I have to waite and see what happens.

Today have been a beautiful springday with temp well above freeze and I cant even be out for a few minutes, still have tree more days of Antibiotics and I can get burndamage of those.
Janett

Hoping to paint 2 sides of mother's barn today.
Here's todays weather where I am;
Observed At: Charlotte, North Carolina
Elevation: 748 ft / 228 m
36 °F / 2 °C
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 32 °F / 0 °C
Humidity: 35%
Dew Point: 10 °F / -12 °C
Wind: 5 mph / 7 km/h Variable
Sidney

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Ooo, yeah, Janett, be careful of the sun while you are on antibiotics. Owie! I will be praying that your landlord will pursue getting Shell to hook you up to the city water so you can stay. I'm so sorry all of this has happened. :-( ((((((((Janett))))))))

~ Marylyn

Janett,
Yeah for city water and not moving!!!
Weather has to warm-up for me to paint today and tonight's low is supposed to be 45º
Sidney

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

You are sweetharts every time I read your post I get a smile on my face. lets keep our fingers crossed for the citywater, Oh and I have been in our newspapers, no not with picture but it landed with 3 big articels in our lokal paper. Maybe that will get them off their butts :0))
Janett

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Janett, Like I said, become a thorn in the butt of the Shell company and they will give in. Glad you are getting the word out.
I don't think the contaminated well water will be a problem for growing a garden or chickens if you can get on city water.
Keep up the fight and you will win ! ! !

Here this morning the temp has zoomed all the way up to 13 F, low was 6. Still windy, gusts to 30+ and wind chills below zero. Clear blue sky.
Andy P

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Janett, while you're fighting to get city water, can you put a filter on your faucet so that at least your drinking water is decent?

It rained a teeny tiny bit this morning. They are calling for heavy rain this afternoon/evening.

Updated: 8:51 AM PST on February 27, 2006
Observed At: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
59 °F / 15 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 31%
Dew Point: 28 °F / -2 °C
Wind: 4 mph / 6 km/h from the North
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1018 hPa
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 1 out of 16

Pahrump, NV(Zone 8b)

Currently 67°F
Expected low 55°F !! (heavy cloud cover keeping us warm)
Humidity 24% and rising
Dew point 30°F
Pressure 24.84"" and dropping

So I'm guessing Kelli is gettin' her feet wet by now :).

Very overcast and breezy. Getting fairly dark and the sky has that odd yellowish, sort of like an oil painting look to it, quite beautiful.

70% chance of rain by tomorrow and we've been given a "head's up" warning to expect possible flash flooding. Some people are sand bagging already in more sensitive areas. Hoping hubby gets home before it starts as he's over the mountain in Las Vegas. I'm going to be really pizzed if it's all for naught and misses us completely LOL.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

High temp was 32° about 4 PM. Bright and sunny and COLD. It was 18 on the front porch this AM. Currently about 28 ° and snow flurries. Supposed to warm up later this week. At least that wind died down.
Claire

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

We got 2.7 inches of rain yesterday and overnight. It looks like it is done now. Hopefully there was a enough left in this system to make it to Nevada and Utah.

Pahrump, NV(Zone 8b)

55°F
Humidity 51%
Dew point 37°F
Overcast

Rained from about 3PM until this morning, nice and steady and happily we didn't get the high winds. Hoping to get wet again by Friday with another one moving in.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

29° now here in Pa. Was 18 this AM and about 2 inches of snow. Sunny and bright - The sun has melted the snow.

It was good to see that the western states got rain. My son in N.M. has been wishing for some for a long time - to keep down the possibility of fires.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

69.4° (f), 28% - Glorious day (to be out and not working a J-O-B)

Pahrump, NV(Zone 8b)

se_eds: rain this late in the season, as temperatures are rising, actually INCREASES fire danger. Lot of fresh new growth that will become fuel for fires later in the summer. Was definitely the case last year after record late winter/early spring rains. I still love rain though, can't help it :).

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

51º high...28° low.....nice sunny day.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Indy, I'm still waiting for that 'warm up' you said was on it's way.....

Today High 26F, lo 10, now 23. Dew point 0, west wind at 12 Gusts to 32 MPH, wind chill 10. Bright blue sky. Darn cold.
I'm working at an antique house where they are replacing windows, chilly......
Saw my first Robin today, actually a cluster of 4 or 5. Can't be sure, I was shivering and my vision was blurred, LOL.
Andy P

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Dana, so far all we got is the winds, nasty gusty winds. Only abut 18-20 mph, but a pain in the butt for the day's projects.
we got maybe 14, 15 drops of rain so far all day long.

Temps are fine. Was nicer yesterday, high 60s and I got to go on a hike down a gulch with my DD, it clouded up on us but no wind and we had a wonderful walk.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Talked to the landlord yesterday and they are going to put in filters on my water. Today the water test company came and took more water samples and they told me that they ordered filters and next week they are going to put in two huge filter that wont let ANY residue trough. Citywater is still also a big possibility further into the summer.

The landlord said that as long as they are doing everything right that he wont fight with them, but if they don't proceed to do everything to his full satisfaction they better run and hide. He has great Knowledge about companies and laws. he is an all round consultant for many companies both regarding economics and environmental laws so Shell better step carefully around him.
This company that make the test have no connection with Shell, Shell just have to pay the bill by our laws, they aren't even aloud to have their own people to dig away the contaminated soil that is done by another local independent company. so it is in their economic interest to have this work going for as long as they can. so keep fingers crossed.

Today is cloudy and its snowing :( and temps around 32 F
Janett

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm SO glad you have a landlord who is helping you with this and who knows how! That is such a blessing. :-)

It is going to be 80° here today. There is a good chance of rain over the weekend, of course.
Current conditions: Shallow Fog
61°F (16°C)
Humidity: 90 %
Wind Speed: S 6 MPH
Barometer: 30.01" (1016.5 mb)
Dewpoint: 58°F (14°C)

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Okee Dokee, Mother Nature, it's March now... time to settle down to spring - You hear me?? It IS dead still out there this morning. As tho the wind never blew at all. And the tarpaper on the roof is replaced and stapled in place despite the mean winds of yesterday.

Janett, I am surprised to learn there is a filter that will remove gasoline residue from the water... doesn't help with the background vapors that are around coming from the ground... but wonderful that you don't have to move immediately to be safe. Sounds like Swedens's laws are more on the citizen's side than the oil company's - that's good.

We were 37 this morning... two days in a row above freezing for a low.
Supposed high is 60* and that will be just fine, and no wind. poss 6mph breeze later on. Will take this as an overture from MN - spring is on the way.

Morning all here's our new forum for March. Please come join us over at http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/579618/
Sidney

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Blooms, they are going to put in two filters that will be placed after one and other, at least one will be full with active charcoal and they said there would be another one after that. I dont know how often they have to put in new charcoal but I know that I dont have to do it. I dont even know the pricetag on these babies but I can imagine it wont come cheep. the tests on the water will be done both after and before the filters once a week in the beginning and then it will be done for several years to come, even if I am hoocked up on citywater they will continue the ground water tests.
This was the info from the companie that makes the tests. I asked if there was any chance that something would come trough these filter and they promissed me it wont.

Yes sometimes our laws are better and sometimes yours are when companys mess up. I only wish that both our laws could be combined then our beautiful world would be a better and much cleaner place to live in.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.