Confessions Part II: What lilies have you planted for 2006?

Corte Madera, CA

Hello everyone! Our other thread has grown quite a bit. Here's a new one - - - getting closer to the photo parade! We've been talking about Lily Companions. Thank you for all the photos and ideas you have shared. Looking forward to more!

Sincerely,
Annapet

Photo: "Amarone" and DA Rose "Crown Princess Margareta"

Thumbnail by Moonglow
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh boy.........I planted a bunch this fall...

Muscadet

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Treffer

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Robert Swanson

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Touching (thanks, Kenton!)

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Aphrodite

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Italia

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Samur

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Excelsior

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Mojave

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

You did plant a few. Beautiful!!!

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I know there are a couple more, but I have to look through my orders to refresh my memory. Prior to this, I had just one unnamed asiatic (it was yellow, shown below - anyone want to ID it for me?), and one oriental (Starfighter). That Starfighter totally made me into a lily lover! (Can ya tell? LOL)

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Annapet, I love that combination! Inspired by Kell perhaps? I'm going wild with those colors this year in a big island garden I put in last year. The backdrop for it is a dark, wooded hillside, but since the tree fell, much of it gets good sun now, hehehe, enough for lilies! So eye-popping, 55mph color is what I'm going for to brighten up the spot.

kbaumle, what fun you have to look forward to this summer! I have'nt seen Robert Swanson before, and WOW! what a stunner! Where did you find it?

Corte Madera, CA

neal, kell has been cheering me on from the very beginning. what a gal. she sure has a great eye for color. love her roses, brugs, and everything else she grows that i've seen. all positive energy coming from her. super generous with her crosses also!

love your garden plan. i'll try to have fun with my 18.5' x 5' deck. a little container gardening there.

kylee, wow - - - a great photo series for this thread. your lilies are gorgeous. i have only started, and from what you have shared so far, i think i only have "muscadet" and "samur"! oh, your unnamed yellow asiatic is gorgeous. love that rich yellow. please share more photos. my list is ever growing.

the next few days will be sunny, and i'll get the chance to plant more of these beauties. when i finish burying the costco collection, i'll grab some at HD. they have a few there now, too.

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Those aren't my pictures of those lilies, they are from the nurseries. I HOPE I can post great pics of mine next summer!

I got "Robert Swanson" from Breck's. They were nice large, fresh bulbs, too. :-)

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I posted an ID request on the unnamed asiatic lily, and it is tentatively identified as 'Prosperity.'

Corte Madera, CA

i want it!

googled and can't find it online, except here.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/122131/

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I got it at Walmart 3 or 4 years ago. You know what? It has never multiplied. I always just have one flower stalk shoot up. Is that normal?

Corte Madera, CA

kylee, i meant to ask that question about lilies. how the bulbs grow and all. like, bigger bulbs, more stalks?

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I haven't a clue! Most of this gardening stuff, well, technical stuff like that, I'm just learning. I can't believe the volume of information I have stored away in my brain in the last year. I would never have thought my brain had the capacity for that much. LOL.

Corte Madera, CA

we're on the same boat! tee-hee.

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Okay, just because I think we need another picture of a pretty lily, here is a picture I took of my Starfighter last summer.

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Another pretty-Arena.

Thumbnail by boojum
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Barbaresco.

Thumbnail by boojum
Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

I planted this last fall and can't wait to see how it looks up close and personal.

Amethyst Temple Trumpet

Thumbnail by beaker_ch
Corte Madera, CA

drooling...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Well, since we're having a big mid-winter slobberfest......

Cathedral Windows

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Pink Pagoda

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Silk Road

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Moxie

Thumbnail by Moby
Corte Madera, CA

this drooling thing is unlady-like. lol.

moby, beautiful, beautiful lilies. i want them all, and i'm thinking if i have the rose or brug for each one.

dream, dream, dream.

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I almost ordered Moxie!! Now I wish I would have.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Now why did I order all white butterflies? These are gorgeous! I want to make this particular garden space show off daylilies and roses I guess.

Corte Madera, CA

i was so thinking of MOXIE last night when moby posted the photo. if i see it locally, i'll pair it with one of my WHITE double brugs. this particular one is about 2' tall and will grow between 5-7' this summer.

candida double white.

Thumbnail by Moonglow
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Yeah, and I just HAVE to get me one of those brugs, too. I've never had one.

Corte Madera, CA

kylee, please don't buy any. i'll have plenty to share when the weather warms up. they grow fast! it's just way too wet to make a cutting right now.

doss, i was so new when i met you last year - - - my first year and i ended up with 50 roses end of season. now i'm planting lilies to keep them company.

btw, here's a photo i posted at the BULB FORUM. $0.60 costco lilies. they probably are minis compared to the quality bulbs at B&B and TLG, but these are what i can afford right now.

Thumbnail by Moonglow
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Annapet, if you insist! :-) THANKS!! Hopefully, I might have something you'd like, although, with me just getting started in this last year, I'm not sure, but we'll work something out. :-)

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

WOW, for .60 each, those look FABULOUS!!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Those bulbs look pretty good - especially for the price! And how about iris moonglow? The sites are beginning to open now. You must have a huge place to be able to add that many roses. It is going to be just lovely.

Corte Madera, CA

kylee, one of these days, i'll get organized and make a list of my brugs. and don't worry about sending me anything. i'll wait another year or two. lol. my yard is a construction zone. last year, i planted most of the things i bought in BLACK NURSERY POTS. not pretty. so, this year, i'll actually plant them, and hopefully, the BNPs will be reserved for brug seedlings.

doss, you noticed i didn't even mention IRISES. but now that i have, the flood gates are open. lol.

i'm glad the costco lilies are indeed good deals. thanks for letting me know.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.