December weather, God bless you with Warm Merry Gentlewinds.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

34° and warming........ finally. So far this month the weather has been pure January.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

We've been having January too. It's up to 45* here at noon today. At last a more normal temp. We had a low of 31* - so a definite improvement over the past two weeks. It's high cloudy and no real sun tho, and that's bad for my SADs Gonna go do something Christmassy. decorate the half a tree I bought I guess. [flat on one side]

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

We get our "Indian Summer" this time of year. Was 80F yesterday and 75F the day before. Sorry, Blooms. You can hate me if you want. ;-)

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on December 22, 2005
Observed At: Van Nuys, California
73 °F / 23 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 37%
Dew Point: 45 °F / 7 °C
Wind: 7 mph / 11 km/h from the SE

This message was edited Dec 22, 2005 3:14 PM

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

:-|~

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

We are finally getting above freezing. Lots of sun through high thin clouds. Wind 10 - 15 from SW. Nice day.
Hope to do some raking soon. I have 2 Sweetgum trees in the front yard that have yet to drop all their leaves. ????
I cleaned up before the snow came but it looks messy now. Rain expected Sunday with warmer temps may clear the remaining snow and let me clean things up, again.
Andy P

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

I've got cottonwoods that continue to drop leaves all winter. Most come down in a rush but enuff hang on that when the breezes go thru I can hear the sound of little fairy hands clapping in pleasure.

Expected high - 53* [believe that when I see it]
It's only 33* out there right now,
with a dewpoint of 27*
Humidity 78% [that's way high, no moisture in/on the ground, lawns gone brown, wonder if they get that reading up in the mountains where the snow is?]

O f course John always said that the humidity reading was non useful and wanted to know the dewpoint... and I do see that 27 is relatively high considering the temp right now. Oh J O H N where are you when I need a weather lesson?

Is anyone in touch with Imway2 ? news please.. I will go find that thread. Sorry. Happy Daze all, ~Blooms

(Zone 7a)

I miss him too. Am going to give him a buzz.
Karen

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Northwestern Missouri:
Rainy, cold(about39 degrees this morning), windy Xmas Eve. Won't be a white Xmas here this year but could change this evening as temps drop off this evening. Large flock of robins in the back yard reminds me more of spring than winter. Hope each of you have a great Xmas Eve especially if you are'nt ready for Xmas yet. The crowds will be awful shopping today.

cuckoo

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Saturday
Scattered Clouds. High: 34° F / 1° C Wind South 8 mph / 14 km/h

Saturday Night
Scattered Clouds. Low: 31° F / -1° C Wind SSW 6 mph / 10 km/h

Just received this from a Florida member ;) She doesn't know however that we would love to have some......we are praying that it won't all melt and it *will* be a white Christmas.

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

An absolutely Beautiful Christmas Eve day here. Temps in high 40sF, light winds and high thin wispy clouds.
I don't know if Santa will have any snow left for his sleigh tonight, though.
Peace and Harmony to all.
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper

Last night, it only got down to 67F. That is incredible! Even in the summer it usually cools down more than that. However, anyone who has too much rain, I'll trade you 15 degrees of heat for about 2 inches of rain. It's been so dry.

Canoga Park, CA
Updated Dec 24 12:25 p.m. PT
Mostly Cloudy
82°F
Feels Like
80°F
Wind: From NNE at 1 mph
Humidity: 20%

(Report says mostly cloudy. There isn't a cloud in the sky at our house.)

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It's definitely not going to be a white Christmas here, either. :-)

Partly Cloudy and Breezy
71°F (22°C)
Humidity: 26 %
Wind Speed: NW 23 G 30 MPH
Barometer: 29.85" (1011.2 mb)
Dewpoint: 34°F (1°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

Tonight: Clear, with a low around 43. Northwest wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Christmas Day: Sunny, with a high near 68. Northwest wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Sunday Night: Clear, with a low near 43. West wind around 5 mph becoming south.

Where I grew up, we usually had rain and temps in the 40s for Christmas. I'll take a "green" Christmas over a grey one any day.

A merry, joyful, and outrageously fun Christmas (green, grey, or white) to you all from way, way out West!

Thumbnail by Kelli
Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

It's 74 here and no snow predicted....yipeeee

Merry Christmas to all.

Hap

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Got up to 51* here today, sunshine all day. No snow, okay by me. Last of the sunlight is kissing the snow caps at the end of the valley and that works for me. Snow up there where it looks pretty and I don't hafta deal with it.

Here's Colorado Juniper in my side yard [planted by birds] - looks a little tipsy but it's my touch of deco for the season.

edit: oops wrong picture, but you get the idea Merry Christmas all. ~Blooms

This message was edited Dec 24, 2005 4:53 PM

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Everyone's pictures are lovely. Looks like Sarah is a keeper LOL. I'm headed down for a short winter's nap...

A Happy Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night!

[that is my seven year olds favorite phrase right now LOL]

we had a white Christmas last year, and actually most years since he was born. but he hasn't once asked where the snow is. the younger one wants snow, and it ain't gonna happen. clear skies, moderate temps in the 60s. barely nippy outside right now.

Look Out! Here comes a snow ball!!!

Thumbnail by TamaraFaye
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Woke up to a bright sunny cold white Christmas day.
Merry Christmas to all of you.
Janett

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Observed At: Ft Pierce, Florida

63 °F / 17 °C Forecast high 77°
Clear
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 61 °F
Wind: 7 mph SSW

All the "elves" worked yesterday pressure cleaning the pool and patio area, added new potted palms, and putting up the tables with Christmas decorations. Shiney new horseshoes for the much loved competition and a new basketball for the hoop.

Honey-Baked made a 10lb ham, some company in Idaho made the fully cooked 12 lb standing rib roast. Everyone coming is bringing a side dish or dessert. Now all is ready for the family gathering at 2PM.

We don't have snow, but remember.......they had palm trees in Bethleham! I wish all my DG friends a wonderful Christmas!!!!!
Christmas kisses and hugs!
Pati

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

good to hear from you!

Merry Chirstmas to you to Pati!

tf

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well Merry Christmas present return day. Hope everyone's weather is not hendering this annual sport.
49.3 °F / 9.6 °C 40 °F / 4 °C 69% SW at 3 mph / 4.8 km/h 30.05 in
Cloudy. Going to Epcot tomorrow with my DB Bobby here for the holiday. We'll only stay 2 days.
We missed the Mickey thing when we were young.
Hope everyone is enjoying their families and lots of love for Christmas.
Sidney

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

hope you enjoy Mickey, etc. Happy times to you and yours!

tf

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

What do you mean it's 39°?!!!!!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr! I usually take a practice stroll on my walker about this time evey morning, but do you see that big lump in the bed? That's ME with two Doxies and a big cat cuddleing under all that cover.

No snickering and poking fun from all you people that live in the great frozen north........this is Florida and you'll forgive me if I feel a little insulted by mother nature.
Pati

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Good golly Pati, it was 39 degrees for a low here in Moab this morning

It's 40* out right now and headed [they claim] to 50* for a three o'clock high... not unless those clouds go away.

We actually had a drizzle for a while last night... apparantly not where the raingauge of the WC or local report registered it. Was just about enough to wash the car windows clean of all the wood smoke ash that had accumulated.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

We had a good rain storm Sunday night with drizzle all day yesterday. Washed the car nicely, thank you.
A sharp cold front came through over night and dried everything off. No more dirty snow except for where it was piled up.
Today it is sparkling clear, brisk NW wind with temps around 30F.
Andy P

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Partly Cloudy. High: 48° F / 9° C Wind SW 4 mph / 7 km/h Currently 4° C

Oh Pati I hope you have a space heater. :(

Snows still blanketing our yard but after today I imagine brown/green patches of grass will be showing.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Isn't that a bit warm for you Saskatchewan? That's where I figure we're gonna end up for todays high. Must have another of those southern bulges going on... heck of a way to run a winter -LOL-- guess I'd better go turn on the tv and check the WC

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

We often go through a warm spell like this Blooms at the end of December or early January. This winter was also predicted to be a pretty mild one for us. Ü

*crossing fingers and toes they are right* ;)

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

wind and fire warnings here today.

doesn't matter what the tmep is, we don't go uotside in this kind of wind!

tf

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

47° and sunny

It seems that the Rocky Mountains form a weather barrier. Cold Arctic fronts and winds push down the east side of the mountains periodically all year. We go from warm to cold spells continually except when a Bermuda high blocks the movements of fronts.

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Sunny and nice in the heartland today.
High: in the 50's

cuckoo

(Zone 7a)

Sunny, high 46*F today, felt like spring with most of the snow (very unusual to have now cover for 3 weeks at all, let alone before February here) gone.

For every errand we have to do, we have found a trail nearby so we can take a walk some place "wildish" without much extra gas.

Today's "spring" walk was through meadows bristling with invasives - but still beautiful to me - rather that than sod or golf course. Rose hips, silky milkweed pods, clematis wheel-pods backlit by setting sun, flickers, owls and LBJ's (Little Brown Jobs) everywhere.

And a sunset not seen since Mt. Pinatubo blew its stack near my old high school in Baguio, Philippines. Has their been any volcanic activity on the planet in the last year or so?

Blooms, Happy Birthday!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Mmmm that smokey one down by Mexico City is doing its thing but it's not enuff to affect our sunsets.... great birthday day here and another on its way for tomorrow. Just count yourself lucky to be looking when it did the magic color thing. smiles...

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Happy belated birthday Sweet Lady. I sure enjoy having you here. Some times I wish you were right next door, but being here at dave's is the next best thing.
Glad you got a great sunset for a gift.
My DB and I spent the last two days at Epcot and Sea World in Orlando. I may sort my pictures and see if they amount to much.
It was 64º coming home this evening. We could see lighteningto the north, and got a thought of a sprinkle. Now it's partly cloudy, temp 63 °F / 17.2 °C dp 53 °F / 12 °C humidity 70% wind Calm prsr. 29.62 in.
Sidney

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Glad you are back safe. the DL in CA had a fire in their hotel, from the huge Christmas tree!

tf

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Happy belated Blooms,
We are expecting a snowstorm here today, we have already got 1 ft of snow over night and the snowstorm hasn't begun yet. They expect about 3-4 ft of snow during this storm. So if I don't come to the chat today, you know why :0))
Janett

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Janett, While you get lots of snow, we are getting a lot of rain.
A raw morning with dense fog has warmed up to 52F with rain of varying intensity and occasional lightning and thunder. One to two inches predicted.
Gloomy
Andy P

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

3-4 FEET? now that's a snowstorm

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Northwestern Missouri:

Cloudy, cool, breezy, damp midwestern day. Looks like winter now but acually is very mild(highs around 50 degrees expected this week if not higher) for northern Missouri. Spent some time outside washing our heat pumps, cleaned the garage, filled my bird feeders, and washed my salt/chat/mud clinging truck a few days ago. Late December and upcoming January is coming in like a lamb but it won't last.

cuckoo

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

We have got about 3 feet of snow now (8pm), but its the heaviest kind of snow so its starts to get really packed. This gonna be a nightmare for my neighbour who plows my road. No way I am shoveling this:0))
I am glad that the neighbouring gas station/motell is "marked" as catastrophe shelter and has first priority if the electricity goes. last winter we, our neighbour and the gas station was one of the few that had electricity for several days at time.
Janett

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Stay inside Janett... that's a dangerous amount of snow.
We had another sunny morning, cloudy afternoon - reasonable temps for December. I read all day. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.