December weather, God bless you with Warm Merry Gentlewinds.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well we've got a lot of COLD weather to alk about. In Northern Florida it's
Observed At: Jacksonville, Florida
Elevation: 30 ft / 9 m
48 °F / 9 °C
Clear
Windchill: 46 °F / 8 °C
Humidity: 62%
Dew Point: 36 °F / 2 °C
Wind: 6 mph / 9 km/h from the North
Pressure: 30.18 in / 1022 hPa
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers.

Here's one of those salmon sunsets I jumped into the car to get a picture of. (My house is so tree-ed in that I can't get dish tv or a good sunset picture.)
Please join me here with your report of your weather however it may be.
Merry Christmas to you all.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

30 °F / -1 °C
Light Freezing Drizzle Mist
Windchill: 19 °F / -7 °C
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 28 °F / -2 °C
Wind: 15 mph / 24 km/h from the West

Three more days of warm temps are forecasted for here and then it should take a dive.

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

Sidney, that is stunning! I sure miss the sunsets we had in the Calf desert, THanks so much for giving me a fix, lol!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

One of those days where it's chilly in the shade but o.k. in the sun. We had dew overnight.

Updated: 10:51 AM PST on December 13, 2005
Observed At: Van Nuys, California
57 °F / 14 °C
Clear
Humidity: 57%
Dew Point: 42 °F / 6 °C
Wind: 5 mph / 7 km/h from the SW

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

Overcast all morning, feels much colder to me, not a cloud was moving this morning at 7AM, was 49F, planted more bulbs in pots, fingers frozen, gonna go drink some hot tea!

Right Now for
Castro Valley, CA (94546)
Cloudy 56°F
Feels Like 56°F
Updated Dec 13 11:25 a.m. PT

UV Index: 1 Low
Wind: From WNW at 4 mph
Humidity: 56%
Pressure: 30.23 in.
Dew Point: 40°F
Visibility: 10.0 miles

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sidney, That pic is similar to what we had last Saturday. At least 3 other people have mentioned the Salmon colored 'everything' for that 5 minute period with the "Glow".
Like you, I can't take sunset pics from home. The problem isn't the trees but power lines and strip moll. I'm just one house lot in from the business district.
Nice pic.
Andy P

http://iwin.nws.noaa.gov/iwin/us/winterstorm.html

Quoting:
A SLOW MOVING LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM OVER SOUTHERN ALBERTA WILL EXPAND AND MOVE INTO THE NORTHERN AND CENTRAL PLAINS BY THIS EVENING. THIS SYSTEM WILL BE VERY SLOW MOVING THROUGH THE END OF THE WEEK...AND WIDESPREAD SNOW WILL RESULT. THIS EVENINGS WINTRY MIX IS THE BEGINNING OF AN EXTENDED SNOWFALL EVENT THAT IS LIKELY TO PRODUCE SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL AMOUNTS THIS WEEK. THE SNOW COULD BE HEAVY AT TIMES WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR ACCUMULATIONS OF 9 INCHES OR MORE BY NOON THURSDAY ALONG AND NORTH OF HIGHWAY 20 WEST OF DUBUQUE..

*Gulp*

Uh, oh...

Keep in mind that I have around 10 inches on the ground as it is.

I broke out the "blizzard shopping list" and sent dh to the store. Car has gas, we have fresh batteries, etc, etc.

Now, the way this think could go is another story. They forecast 9 inches, we get a trace, they forecast a trace and we get a foot. Or we end up shoveling 6 inches of "partly cloudy". I wanna be a weather person in my next life.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

34.3°, 54% - focast for tonight - Dark, followed in the morning by widely scattered intermittant Light.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Dyson, sounds like a George Carlin forecast. lol
Just plain cold here.
Andy P

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

yep the origanal "hippy dippy weatherman"

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

you guys are getting the nastys. the snow storm predicted for this morning never materialized... weren't even many clouds and they blew over on the mountains and on into Colorado.

We got to 47* in my yard today. but it's dropping really fast right now. We're already down to the freezing mark as the sun turns the snow capped mountains a lovely shade of pink.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

So what happened to the ''mild winter'' we were going to have?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It flew south for the winter, Blooms.

Overcast
65°F (18°C)
Humidity: 63 %
Wind Speed: SE 9 MPH
Barometer: 29.96" (1015.0 mb)
Dewpoint: 52°F (11°C)

Tonight: A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low near 62. South wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Wednesday: Periods of showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High around 70. South wind around 10 mph becoming northwest. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Marylyn - that sounds pretty good to me.

Me too!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yep, we definitely aren't complaining!

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Wish we had some of those 'gentle winds' to blow this tule fog out. It was dreary all day yesterday, the worst of the season yet. Kids like it though, they go to school later on a 'foggy day' schedule.

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HANFORD CA
345 AM PST WED DEC 14 2005

...DENSE FOG ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH 11 AM THIS MORNING...

LOW LEVEL MOISTURE AND A VERY STABLE ATMOSPHERE HAS ALLOWED FOR WIDESPREAD DENSE FOG FORMATION IN THE SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY THIS
MORNING.

WEST CENTRAL SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY-EAST CENTRAL SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY-
SOUTHWESTERN SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY-SOUTHEASTERN SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY-
345 AM PST WED DEC 14 2005

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

26.6°, 54%

Sunny and 54º. Pretty chilly, but I'll take it. Canceled trip to NC today. Just too old to run the roads like I have for years.
Sidney

Goodness Sugar!
This morning at 7AM it was 38F
Right Now for
Partly Cloudy 46°F
Feels Like 46°F
Updated Dec 14 09:00 a.m. PT

UV Index: 0 Low
Wind: CALM
Humidity: 79%
Pressure: 30.23 in.
Dew Point: 40°F
Visibility: 6.0 miles

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Morning Low 10* Dp 0* Hum 35% it's up to 29* out there now at 10:30

Cold bright sun, smokey haze from the wood fires burning in the valley - accumulates during the night and takes a goodly part of the day to disburse. Our substitute for fog, I guess. Went out to watch the Geminid meteor shower last night it was so darn cold I only stayed long enuff to see two. Some skywatcher I am.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

It was -5° on the porch this AM at 5:30. Thankfully it was windstill. Mostly cloudy all day but temps got up to 21°. Normally we have these temps from Dec 15 to Jan 15, and not so early as we did this year. We have a nice snow cover on the plants. Tomorrow the weather man wants snow, sleet and freezing rain. LOL

LOL, seeds 'weatherman wants', that is certainly true here. Thank God we don't have many hurricanes come in here, but it's not because the weathermen don't "want" one. They just go bananas if there is even a chance.
Partly sunny this AM but expecting tornado warning storm front this afternoon.
67.3 °F / 19.6 °C 52 °F / 11 °C 57% East at 2.7 mph / 4.3 km/h 29.80 in / 1009.0 hPa 0.00 in / 0 mm - 10:24 AM EST

Stay toasty and snuggle.
Sidney

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

35° and snowing

Feels like 32F to me, lol! My fingers are numb just from taking my DS to school! I'm such a wimp!! He wants to go to the snow, told him maybe in the Spring when the sun is shining and at least 45F, LOL LOL!
Right Now for
Sunny 44°F
Feels Like 41°F
Updated Dec 15 08:25 a.m. PT

UV Index: 0 Low
Wind: From NNE at 5 mph
Humidity: 77%
Pressure: 30.14 in.
Dew Point: 37°F
Visibility: 5.0 miles

According to wunderground, it got down to about 42F last night. The house is cold. We don't run the furnace after we go to bed and they don't build houses with insulation out here. Our double-glazed windows probably hold in the heat better than the walls do.

The report says mostly cloudy, but it is sunny here.

Updated: 8:51 AM PST on December 15, 2005
Observed At: Van Nuys, California
52 °F / 11 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 46 °F / 8 °C
Wind: 4 mph / 6 km/h from the SE
Pressure: 30.02 in / 1016 hPa
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 17000 ft / 5181 m
(Above Ground Level)

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Same ol as yesterday sun with no warmth high gonna be 37* was 8* at 7ayem

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

It was 8F this AM and got all the way up to 28F. Lots of sun and light winds. A nice day.
Rain expected tomorrow. Maybe it will wash most of this ice away. After that nasty storm last Friday some streets are still icy.
Andy P

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

It cleared and reached 41° today. Neither much rain nor snow today. Colder weather ahead..

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

9 °F / -13 °C
Light Snow Showers / Blowing Snow Showers
Windchill: -12 °F / -24 °C
Humidity: 79%
Wind: 23 mph / 37 km/h from the NNW
Wind Gust: 29 mph / 46 km/h

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Wow, Lilypons - that is cold.

The temps are warming all day up to 32 now. We had two inches of snow then an inch of ice. Doggone driveway is covered again - will have to snowblow it tomorrow. Hope the electric stays on. It sure is nice to breathe air that is 32 degrees.

Escondido, CA(Zone 10b)

nice love the reds. still no rain 73 day time 37 nightime still planting palm trees!

Thumbnail by socalpalms

Welcome to weather! That is a very pretty picture there.
Come by often.
No real storms. False alarm. Front now headed east over Atlantic Ocean.
67º.
Sidney

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

We had an ice storm over night and the power has been off since 7 this morning. It came back on about 10 mins ago- PTL!!! I was soo cold and the candles were gettin' skimpy. Also, since I am on a well, no water[need elec for the pump], no bath- ugh! No toilet flush either- YUCK!! Phones were also down til about 3:30. Went to Publix and they were open but in semi-dark and no cold items. It was quite an experience I can tell ya. I had to get jugs of water and fireplace logs.
Hope everyone is safe warm and dry.

It is amazing how much we take for granted each day isn't it?

So glad you ae back in the heat again. Go ahead and save 10 or 20 jugs of water for the next time you have to flush with no power. It doesn't have to be sterile to flush with.
So glad they got your power back on.
Sidney

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Sugar,
You know what's funny about the jugs of water? I have been washing and saving empty milk jugs for months now and have a nice collection going. I just have never bothered to fill them with water- how dumb is that?!?!?!

That will change this w/e though- LOL!

The last time we had a big earthquake, the water was out for about a day. For some reason that I no longer remember, I had a few empty milk jugs. I filled them with water from the creek for flushing the toilet.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

I've started keeping a few of those plastic containers that cat litter comes in inside a cardboard box. Figure they might come in handy some day for some flushing water, and they're square, so they're easy to store. The only problem I see is that they might be pretty heavy filled with water. They weigh a ton filled w/cat litter and Costco keeps making them bigger, LOL.

Observed At: Fresno, California
Elevation: 335 ft / 102 m

43 °F / 6 °C
Overcast
Windchill: 40 °F / 4 °C
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 41 °F / 5 °C
Wind: 5 mph / 7 km/h from the East
Pressure: 30.00 in / 1016 hPa
Visibility: 1.0 miles / 1.6 kilometers (much better than the last few days @ 4AM)

8-) Janet

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.