Amaryllis Blooms

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Just looked at my Double Record,,has 2 leaves coming and Another bloom stalk,,,,Yipee

Kelly

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I think I must get me one of those. :-)

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I got mine in the cheapo bin at Wal Mart for $2.50

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Our Walmart didn't have those this fall. :-(

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

aw,,,maybe ours still has them, I will check and see.

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

I won't be able to post anymore amaryllis pictures till early Spring when the ones I have planted in my two beds start to bloom. Then, I will probably overload ya'll.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I dare ya to try! ;)

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

I cannot believe all of the beautiful amaryllis posted this year on DG! They are gorgeous and such unusual varieties--thanks everybody!

And don't forget to post your Pics on the Plant Files, please, and add as many notes as possible so I can grow them next year!!

Thanks too for finding the links to the Amaryllis sites. They have so many hybrids out now it's hard to keep track of who's doing what...

Well, you all got me going and I took a dozen of mine out of the garage and put them on the window sill and they have little green leaves peeping out so I'm on my way...I'll catch up with you all right around tulip time!

Thanks again for posting. I love'em! t.

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Getting Wild Blue Amaryllis next...hope they bloom for me..lol

Denver, CO

Latin name/ link please?

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

What he said.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

what she said

Denver, CO

He he he...

Corte Madera, CA

i once had an amaryllis haiku moment....lol.

Denver, CO

Please, let's hear it.

Corte Madera, CA

ehem...is this mike on?

Denver, CO

(ping... sqeeeeeek. blip.)

"Tasting, Tasting, one two three. Yeah, it's on."

Corte Madera, CA

don't laugh, ok.

petals unfurling
from bulb to inflorescence
majestic beauty

=)

Denver, CO

(applause; enthusiastic)

"Give a round to Mrs. Isopoema for that lovely thing. And now, ladies and gents, Moodene will be coming to the stage to tell us what the heck a Wild Blue Amaryllis is..."

Corte Madera, CA

thank you very much (ala elvis)...

lol.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

*and the crowd went wild*

Corte Madera, CA

=)

ALTHOUGH it's raining cats and dogs here, i've done some gardening. no more open mic haiku thing.

potted-up more brugmansia sanguinea seedlings to share come spring time.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Put me on your list Moonglow! I've lost a few brugs and I'm feelin blue. Not haiku although haiku rhymes with blue.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

What who said???? rofl

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

huh????? ;->

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

exactly,,,,,lol

Corte Madera, CA

you got it, kathy.

anybody else interested, just let me know.

=)

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Me, me! Please!

Kylee

Corte Madera, CA

of course. and a candida double white as well, kylee (did i get that right?). i'm tagging them already as i go.

i wish i have an amaryllis to show off, but next year, i guess.

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Yes, you got it right! :-)

*jumping up and down again*

Getting real close to some amaryllus pics here-Fairy Tale and Emerald. Fairy Tale will have around 12 flowers and Emerald just 4. Two more buds are starting to emerge from the bulbs on Melusine and Pink Floyd, too. (Just found a few buds on my walking iris, too.)

Denver, CO

Looking forward to it, Boojum.

Annapet; Oh, I hate to (or do I?) ask any more favors for plant material... Do you grow Ensete ventricosum? I might have one extra.
Kenton

Corte Madera, CA

moby, i hope you don't mind that we chit-chat here and trade plants while waiting for the main event: AMARYLLIS BLOOMS, of course =).

looking forward to those photos, kathy.

a wild banana, eh? (i had to look that up!) what a dream. will look great with my philodenron rojo congo and bop. i just need to wear my mu'u mu'u and i'm ready for a lua'u.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

lurk and wait
impatient
but then glorious to behold
amaryllis

hey, another haiku, sorta (Not 5, 7, 5).

lurking and waiting
then glorious to behold
the amaryllis.

I'm doing hot exhalations on the Fairy Tale today. A watched pot never boils (not true in my experience though!) She's taking her sweet time like all ladies do. But sooooooon.

Thumbnail by boojum
Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

I have another problem with one of my amaryllis. Lady Jane, a double, can't seem to hold her booms up. Just as they start opening good, maybe at the half-way point, the stem holding the bloom bends over and the bloom is pointing straight downward; like a downward facing lily. Right next door to it is Dancing Queen (also a double) in full bloom looking just beautiful. Am I doing something wrong? Too much, too little water? Anyone else ever have this problem. Another stalk is coming and I'll have to see what happens with that one, but I'm leaning towards trashing the bulb.

Boojum - Is that tall pot clay or is it a vase you used? Whatever it is, I really like it; very attractive.

It's an expensive tall clay pot-I only have 3, but I love the look. I searched for more medium sized but tall pots I had found last year (2), but no one had them. Then I found these 3 odd very tall ones. Very observant of you, beaker!

My large red amaryllis has leaped off a loft (!) on occasion due to top heaviness. I was outside when I heard it fall! I stake it now.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

OOHhhh....I had one go suicidal last year ~ right before my eyes, and I was just about to take a pic in it's full glory. That's such a bummer.

beaker ~ my Pasadena seemed to have weak stems compared to the Double Record. Don't know what the difference might have been.

Moonglow ~ no, I don't mind chit-chat at all! I'd much rather keep a thread alive rather than having it get lost. Besides, I'm all for silliness and getting off-topic. :D

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Moby, was your Pasedena a new or old bulb? I have a Pasedena coming along, but it's going to be weeks before it blooms. I wonder if I can come up with a stake that would support the blooms. Such a shame. The drooped bloom that greeted me this morning, the stem actually snapped. The other two were just bent over. It's gotta be the weight of the bloom.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Oh no! My Pasadena is a new bulb.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.