Amaryllis Blooms

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I'm so glad this thread got a bump, it reminded me to take a pic of my latest ~ Pasadena. Would have been really festive if it had bloomed at Christmas. LOL

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

While my Double Record popped into full bloom, I think Pasadena blooms will come quite slowly, each one a few days apart. That will be a good thing since there are 6 buds. Yippy!

Thumbnail by Moby
Central, WI(Zone 4a)

My Double Record is all done,,,,the leaves are comin',,,,do I clip the flower stalk off now?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Go right ahead, I snip mine as soon as the blooms are done. I don't have any foliage yet on my Double Record. Still have a few days to go before the 3rd stem blooms.

So glad you posted pics, Scuba. I especially like your Philadelphia. Beautiful!

Chicago, IL

Thanks! Look forward to seeing all the other pictures and have some others coming up at home/work like Double Record, Charisma, and Pink Floyd. Since I am kind of new to houseplant gardening, the amaryllis seems SOOOO nice and fool-proof...but we'll see if I can get them to bloom again next year :) A number of my bulbs had little babies on their bases, so hopefully I will have more in future...

BTW, the Philadelphia blooms seemed to last a very long time, esp. compared to the Papilio, so that was a bonus! I'm not sure if different types tend to be more durable after blooming.

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

The Dazzler I bought at Walmart had four leaves, but no flower stalks when it finished. :-( Maybe next year...

I planted three cybister 'La Paz' bulbs this week, so hopefully I'll have gorgeous pics by the end of February.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Ooo, that will be great!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks Moby

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Here is a picture of my Blossom Peacock..

Thumbnail by Moodene

Here is Amaryllis 'Papillio'

Thumbnail by Moodene
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

wowzers

Here is Amaryllis 'Lima'

Thumbnail by Moodene

Here is Amaryllis 'Chico'

Thumbnail by Moodene

Here is Amaryllis 'Ruby Meyer'

Thumbnail by Moodene

Here is an Amaryllis that the leaves are variegated with a yellow stripe down the middle...

Thumbnail by Moodene

Here is another Amaryllis whose leaves are variegated with white stripe down the middle of it..

Thumbnail by Moodene

very interesting

They are blooming inside my hothouse..I like to see them at nite when my hothouse is lit up with Xmas lites inside...my own plant wonderland in there...lol

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

moodene, love them all! Especially that last one. I would love seeds if you ever get any! My cybister Merengue bloomed around Thanksgiving. Green Goddess bloomed once right before Christmas and is putting out another bud. Papilio's about to pop and fairy tale has 3 bloom stalks. Here's green goddess. What do ya think scubadoobie?

Thumbnail by boojum
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

What vossner said.... wowsers!

Boojum, are you talking about the variegated Amaryllis with the light pink blooms? These haven't set any seeds yet but they do baby bulbets..I can trade some in the spring..can't do the dark pink ones..

oiartzun-near san se, Spain(Zone 8a)

Wow Moodene - your amaryllis collection is truly amazing! Congratulations.
Maggi xxxx

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Moodene,,

Yeah,,,what vossner and Moby said,,,,,,,double wowsers,,,,,,They're All Gorgeous,,,,,,Would Love to see a pic of your hothouse at night with all the lights.

Kelly

Moodene, I meant the variegated one with white stripe and the pale pink striped flowers. Maybe you would like some bulbs from my grandmother's h. striatum that I grew from seed a few years ago. It's a mini from Brazil.

Thumbnail by boojum
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

boojum, how can I get one of THOSE? Wow.........that's gorgeous! What is it called and are there any of them on sale online?

Chicago, IL

Wow - gorgeous pictures, Moodene! And thanks for the comparison picture, Boojum!!! That Green Goddess is really pretty. I think mine might actually be Lemon-Lime - here is another picture and with sunlight on it you can see that they are yellow-green out to the edges of the petals...I thought it might get whiter but now that they're all open, they really are colored! Lucky me, though...two more flower stalks comin' up.

Thumbnail by scubadoobie
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

What a nice bunch of blooms. Nice to see you too, boojum. :)

kbaumle they are a species called hippeastrum striatum. Small flowers, short stalks. My grandmother had them in Brooklyn years ago and my cousin sent me a pot. I had seeds one year so I have some bulblets, but can't send any till spring. I'm hoping to use some for a trade with Moodene, but I may have some left. None of the seedling bulbs have bloomed yet. Almost 3 years now. Takes a while to achieve size. If you would rather an adult bulb you could look online for them. They started a bit taller than this but lately they are about this height in bloom.

Thumbnail by boojum
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, boojum. I'm looking online. Found one place.

Have a look at some of the amaryllis here: http://bulbsociety.com/GALLERY_OF_THE_WORLDS_BULBS/GRAPHICS/Hippeastrum2/Hippeastrumlist.shtml

GORGEOUS!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Didn't work for me. Is this it? http://bulbsociety.com/GALLERY_OF_THE_WORLDS_BULBS/GRAPHICS/Amaryllis/Amaryllislist.shtml

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Yours didn't work for me! LOL! Let me see if I can just type it out and put some spaces in, then you'd have to type it out, too.

http: // bulbsociety.com / GALLERY_OF_THE_WORLDS_BULBS / Amaryllis/Amaryllislist.shtml

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That really strange! My link worked in the 'preview', but now it comes up same as the first link.

And yours didn't work either! Guess they want to stay top secret?

I tried copying and pasting the address and that didn't work either!

Blytheville, AR(Zone 7a)

I just looked at the site that you suggested Kbaumle and I had no idea that there was so many different and beautiful amaryllis. The only ones I have ever had any dealings with were from Wal-mart or Lowes. And loved them. Sure have enjoyed looking at all of you guys beauties. I'd love to see more. SheVerne

boojum, What a beautiful color!!! sure I would love some to trade..to add on to my addictions..lol..Mine are small as well..Send me a D-mail and lets talk!!
GardenGeek_WI- I will get a pic of my hothouse when it gets dark here tonite and post it on here for ya'll to see...got too much green stuff in there for ya'll to drool about..lol...
I have Lemon Lime as well soon as I find my pics..lol...
Thank ya'll for the comments....

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Moby, you can't just copy and paste what I posted; you have to take out the spaces. Try that. It's worth the extra effort! :-)

Kylee

Hooks, TX

I clicked on the site above and it appeared to not work. I then scrolled down to the bottom and the gallery info was there. It didn't look like a link but when it clicked on it, I got the page where all of the ones are listed alphabetically to click on the alpha letters for the pictures.
Try this. My operating system is XP.
Louise

ditto what TexasLou said. nice pics!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Moodene,
Thanks,
Kelly

GardenGeek_WI...here is my plant wonderland at nite inside my hothouse...

Thumbnail by Moodene

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.