Morning Glorys 2005 # 10

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

Woofens, that purple feather came from me? Now, just why in the heck didn't I grow them again this year?! 'Gray Lady' is an easy seed setter, so you'll have no trouble at all when it starts to bloom for you next year. It's not near as picky as some of it's more glamorus cousins.

Emma, once again...PLEASE same me some??? That color is too cool! I wonder if all of them will come out that color?

Kathy Ann, I found out something about the double blues...this was my first year to grow them, and although the vine does make lots of double flowers, all those will be sterile because the pistil and anthers become the extra petals. Only the single flowers will set seed. I was worried to death that I wouldn't get any seed because none of the doubles were setting, then for some reason the vine started cranking out singles, and I've got pods all over the place! I'm sure the same applies to your double pinks. The gene is lurking around in there somewhere...

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Stacey, it sure did come from you. Before I found DG, I found you on eBay. I can't remember what all I got but these were some of them :) I have your business card in my wallet LOL. I cannot wait for spring to start the Gray Lady seeds. I was so disappointed I didn't have any make it this year. The one that germinated was the one I spilled when I fell a couple weeks ago, and it didn't survive the stress :( I'm gonna look and see what else I got from you unless it was too long ago for the listing to be up

TTYL
Janis

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Ronnie,
Your Gray Lady is nice! Really looks Gray from your picture. I had one vine that bloomed a SOLID WHITE. Three blooms, then died. Then, a few days ago the first bloom on another vine did look Grayish. Stacey was getting a Pinkish color from hers. Very pretty too.

Kathy,
Love your photos. Your 'Sazanami Ripples' is gonna be awesome. Be sure to post more of that one.
And PLEASE let us see your 'ugimoko floating cloud' again. I just love that one - Can't wait to see if it turns out like the photo on the seed packet.

Stacey,
Will save seeds for you of 'Gray Smoke' [unless Gail wants to name this baby something else] - hope I get bunches of seeds.
Maybe you can work on stabilizing this one ???
Can't wait to see what the next bloom will look like.

Gail,
WHERE ARE YOU?
Can't wait to hear if you've gotten the Gray blooms before.

Great information about the Double Blue Picotee not setting seeds, Stacey.
What will the seeds be like that DID come from the doubles?
IF those are what I just collected seeds from!
The seeds were at the bottom of the vines, so that is why I'm thinking they were from the doubles that first bloomed. Gosh, I wish I had known this before so I could pay closer attention to the blooms.
What was happening was all of my blooms have been doubles out of five vines, then I started seeing singles,
however, I am keeping up with my vines this year by numbering system [only way to keep my sanity with all that I have planted], and did notice that the 'singles' were coming from the same vine when they first started blooming.
You think it's possible to get seeds from the doubles?
PLMK what you think.

Emma

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Emma, this is the first bloom from your Plum Frost, surprised me this morning :)

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks queenb for the info on the setting seeds, I didn't realize that.

kathy

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Laurrie, Holy Smokes.....
I have NEVER had one of mine with that pattern.
Now, get out there and close off that bloom -
after you hand pollinate it *-*
Oh, wow, we just gotta capture this one.

Emma

It is nice, Laurrie. Wow! Looks very much like the Star of India that is flowering for me at present time.

Joseph

Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

Whoa! Emma! Thats a new one.Does remind me of the funky one I got this year that I can't identify.But the labelled 'Henkas" I grew this year are similar to last years,except they are darker,more purple.
Compare that grey one with this one.

Thumbnail by golgi
Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

This bloom doesn't have a nice form and never opens fully,and is kinda muddy.

Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

Here are more of those lavender"Blue silk".

Thumbnail by golgi
Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

OMG Check out the pics of THIS Mg my daughter just sent me!! It was blooming this morning.She says it is purple-grey with light pink throat and tiny splashes of white on the edges,and of COURSE says the pictures don't do it justice. I've got to call her and ask what the tag says,as they are all my seeds.

Thumbnail by golgi
Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

another

Thumbnail by golgi
Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

One more

Thumbnail by golgi
Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

more morning glories

Thumbnail by golgi
Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

Maybe heavenly blue?

Thumbnail by golgi
Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

ok,it's a sick obsession

Thumbnail by golgi

Convolvulitis, maybe? Ipomoea syndrome? We all have it and there is no cure.

Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

Oh RON! That sounds DISGUSTING!! I about peed my pants!

Hmm It is an extreme honor to be confused with Ron_CONVOLVULACEAE, however, I must take credit for the inanity 2 posts above. LOL

Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

My daughters grey purple is a from one of my "Henka" seeds. The leaf and sepals are the same.Compare..First is my "Henka"

Thumbnail by golgi
Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

Now Katie's purple grey variation..

Thumbnail by golgi
Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

leaf shape of katies

Thumbnail by golgi
Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

leaf of mine

Thumbnail by golgi
Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

I'm soo sorry Joseph,I KNOW who you are,I'm just getting old

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Emma, here she is - Lavender Mist this morning. She is a tiny bit darker than the picture shows.

This message was edited Aug 15, 2005 1:38 PM

Thumbnail by minigrannie
San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Blue Silk this morning.

Thumbnail by minigrannie
San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Triplets.

Thumbnail by minigrannie
San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

SunSmiles brown

Thumbnail by minigrannie
San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Wonder what I did wrong? All my pictures look fuzzy today.

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Ok, I got up late today... had a really bad headache... I get migraines, but this one went away thankfully, got my medicine in time, but BOY did the kids do a number on the house :(

It was noon before I got outside, and I probably had 12+ blooms today, but they looked pretty bad when I got out there. I didn't take any pics of the blue ones, but here is the purple. The first pic is about as close as I can come to the actual color.

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Another

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

2 more...

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Last one

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Pic would help LOL

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

EMMA LOL already done that this morning before I left for work!!!!

Here is what greeted me at work today, I planted some pots up for all the guests to see, this is Heian no Haru, seeds from my plants of last year.............also listed in plantfiles.

Laurrie

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Here is the Ukigumo floating cloud, or should I be calling it blue silk? which one should I call it guys? Don't think it's going to get any different than the picture, here, and it certainly doesn't look like the ukigumo in the web site.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

here is sanzanumi Ripples today, in the web site there are two diff sanzanumi (ripples) morning glories, and this one looks more like the other one than the actual one that I purchased.

Don't think this is going to do any more changing either.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

EMMA - here is your "Lavender Mist" this morning, sorry the rain was coming down nearly all night, but still got ya a pic, and it's true!

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

A couple more Asuka.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Two more of the one that was in the same pkg of seeds as the Asuka. For now I am calling it Asuka Not.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.