August, Daily Weather, etc. etc!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Sunny beginning to this always sultry time here in the Deep South.
It's 85º and 62% humidity.
Have a sunny day wherever you are.
Coneflower 'Razzmatazz' from 8ftbeds' garden, Zion, Ill.
sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

well, look what I stumbled into!
We're sliding back up to the 90's and still in extreme drought conditions.

Blaine, I will withdraw my ban on Echinacea after visiting your garden!
But not on Spiderwort.
sidney

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Sidney, you can send any spiderwort to me! It's not invasive here and I love it, all the colors.

I'll sure do that, when I find some more. It's easy to dig and wash sand off roots for a sweet gal like you. Not easy when the whole dern yard is full though. LOL
sidney

Thanks!

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

can't believe you've been casting a pox on cones. Then again, if all you're familiar with is the overused purple magnus, I'd understand... a little bit. :)
The cuttings off razzmatazz in that bubbler out back are still green, so maybe they'll root. If so... there may be one in your future.

Do they produce seed? I bet this Fla sand will sprout some beauties. I was and am still in awe of all the things I saw with you last wednesday.
sidney

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Morning Low: 77* expected High 93* DP 49* Hum 32%
So humid this morning I woke with a sheen of sweat and a feeling of suffocating - just not used to this. I've got the cooler running already today.
Many clouds out there, hope they bring us a shower beffore the day is done.

Blooms, our humidity is more than twice yours

Fair 77°F
Forecast High 84°F
Scattered T-Storms
UV Index: 10 Very High
Humidity: 87%
Pressure: 30.12 in. and dropping
Dew Point: 65°F

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

all of the different varieties I have set seed. I just don't know what you'd get. I'll send you some from different ones if you want.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Temperature 90 °F (32 °C); Dew Point 71 °F (22 °C); Humidity 53%; Pressure 30.05 in (1017.5 mb), Heat Index 97 °F (36 °C)

There's a 30% chance of afternoon thunderstorms, which would be great. :-)

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Darius, is why there were days I couldn't function as energetically at my Sister's and is also why I decided NOT to try to live in Santa Barbara - spent a month there at friend's, looking at moving there.

That was years ago and I left when I figured out the reason a "Santa Barbara Sparkle Day" had a special name. They just didn't happen all that often, LOL and the rest of the time it was mostly somewhat foggy and always more than somewhat damp.

I went running back to Moab. /;-)~Blooms

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

91 degrees this afternoon and 79 dewpoint. Finished pulling out green beans, ground is dry even to the tips of the roots. Local rains missed us again. Promised Thunderstorms on Friday.

Well the skies just rumble and tumble. No turning loose those little drops yet, just alot of grumbling.
sidney

Arroyo Grande, CA

It was foggy here most of the day. The memorial for my mom went very well, slides turned out fine. I guess worrying them was the right thing to do. Did my speech in one draft this morning and it was fine and I got through it. Other bros. did great. Most of the clan made it. I would hope mine will turn out as well.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi 98, lo 68, dp 68, clr, no wind. se_eds, dew point of 79 is an example oppressive humidity. Ours have been in the upper 60s lately. Humid but, tolerable.

Chuck, glad to hear the memorial went well. :-)

Chuck so glad your memorial went well.
May your fog and spirits lift.
sidney

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Chuck, What Sidney said. ;-)

Arroyo Grande, CA

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts.

Foggy again today, but that's OK, I like it.

:>)

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Low clouds this morning (Thanks, Chuck!) but burning off now.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Chuck, so glad your project turned out well (knew it would 8-)). Wish we had some of that fog over here. 10th day in a row over 100° (20 out of 21 days - grrrrrrr).

88 °F / 31 °C right now
Clear
Heat Index: 86 °F / 30 °C
Humidity: 31%
Dew Point: 54 °F / 12 °C
Wind: 7 mph / 11 km/h from the SSW
Pressure: 29.90 in / 1012 hPa
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers

Sure seems to be to the liking of this kettle gourd plant. . threatening to take over the whole bed. Quality of picture may not be so hot. . .took it w/Pocket PC camera. I haven't learned how to fine tune it yet.

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I forgot to look for the August thread -- can't believe July's gone already! Here's the weather in Newark right now. I could just say "hot", but why not provide all the data?

Updated Aug 2 05:25 p.m. ET
Sunny
93°F -- Feels Like 93°F

UV Index: 3 Moderate
Wind: CALM
Humidity: 33%
Pressure: 30.06 in.
Dew Point: 60°F
Visibility: 10.0 miles

At least the humidity is low today. We *really* need some rain, though! The grass is crispy-crunchy in our sloping front yard. I ran the sprinklers a couple hours yesterday and let the veggies have a good long soak with the soaker hose last night. Still, it's so darned dry.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Temps are dropping, currently 88 degrees, humidity 51%, Dew Point 68. A thunderstorm occurred in a neighboring County.. No rain here, they say maybe Friday or possible Saturday.

Beautiful weather to watch hummingbirds and butterflys. Too hot for anything else.

Well the heat is cresting and we can look forward to some lovely cool temps soon. Time seems to fly by me. I'm busy making a list of things to be cleared up by the time I turn 60. Over a year away, LOL.
Just ready for a new season of life.
I almost feel I should apologize for the rain showers we had this afternoon. Sure saves the $. and makes the yard perk right up.
sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

An almost apology is not good enough!

Hi 100, lo 69, dp 65, clr, e1. 20% chance of ran thursday. Whoopty-do! :-(

I wish I could wish, package, or even pray some rain sooner for you John.
Oh well, The house across the alley is for sale. I think you and Betty would be great neighbors.:>)
sidney
Yessir great neighbors!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

I hear Florida has more t-storms than any other state.

Arroyo Grande, CA

Cleared for a few hours. Spent the whole day weeding. HOA is concerned the weeds might win.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

The weeds never lose........., for long.

Arroyo Grande, CA

How true, but lack of water slows them down this time of year, gives me a chance to catch up.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

read somewhere that Truth or Consequences, New Mexico had the most thunderstorms per year.

I pulled grass from the 'jungle out back' for about an hour this afternoon. Clouds moved in and made it possible. We had a dash of rain during the night last nite. You could see the pimply spots in the blow sand of my driveway. Got some evening storm shots yesterday too.

Arroyo Grande, CA

Hard to tell if it is foggy out, still too dark. Got work to do and couldn't sleep. Not in the yard, no lights, lack of dedication I guess.

Well, there is a park accross the street that has taller trees, so I don't worry about the T-storms.
Blooms, I lived near T or C for 12+years and don't recall it being a rain magnet. Are you sure someone there didn't "wish" it had the most per year?
As she cast her eyes downward in a guilty denial, "It's 77º and sunny now. Afternoon rain evpected."
sidney
ps Feels like a Sauna outside.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We had some rain yesterday that came off the Gulf. We TRIED to send them to you, John, honest, but they just didn't make it that far. It's supposed to happen again this afternoon, so we'll try a little harder.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Sidney, didn't mention actual rain. just thunder and lightning storms. Never been there, just read things at random.

They promise us another day of only nineties, mayhap our hundreds are over for the most part. hurrah. 60's in the morning feel downright chilly, actually put on a sweatshirt for a few minutes when I got up.

Low 64* Dp 56* Hum 40% predicted high - 90*

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Don't quit trying, Marylyn!

Found a couple of maps at this site that show the occurence of tornadoes and thunderstorms in the US. http://www.physicalgeography.net/fundamentals/7t.html

John, what a great site! Thanks.

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

FL has lightning strike alley from Tampa to Titusville.
I know I've seen a couple of times that Orlando had the highest number of strikes in the US. I certainly believe living there for awhile.
Wind off the water on both sides converging is what's said to be the cause of all the storms.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/05/photogalleries/lightning/index.html
http://www.ucar.edu/communications/infopack/lightning/faq.html

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.