Hurricane Emily

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Corky, did you mean Waynesville? If so, I'm about an hour WSW.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Hang in My Texans and we'll keep praying for that rain to gentle-up.
sidney

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Here's a neat picture of Hurricane Emily from the Space Station. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/07/0720_050720_emilymoon.html

They just said on the radio that there were tornados in Alice... I hope Dstartz is ok!

Great photo, Marilyn, Thanks!

From her link above:

Quoting:
The 2005 hurricane season is already one for the record books, thanks in no small part to Emily. The hurricane is the most powerful pre-August storm on record, and this is the first season to see two Category Four storms—Dennis and Emily—form before the end of July.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Well, it's all over except the clean-up! Lost some nanas, which I expected. A big bauhinia is leaning badly, almost uprooted. We trimmed a lot from the top to reduce the weight. If the wind would stop, we could do a better job. Lots of things have wind burn and broken limbs and rubbed limbs where they brushed against each other in the wind, but they will grow back. Lost a couple of shingles from one side of the roof, but that can be fixed. Power is back on.
I hope Donna is okay, they got hit harder than we did I think.
Edited to correct Donna's name. I want to call her "Alice from Donna" instead of the other way around!(we have a town here called Donna)

This message was edited Jul 20, 2005 7:14 PM

Lakeland, FL

OOPS! Darius you were correct duhhhhhhhh!!!!!! It is Waynesville. I am having a brain cramp day ha ha.

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi, I've been lurking again.

Cala, I'm so glad things weren't worse for you. We were hit by 3 of the 4 Florida storms last year and know how it feels to go through one.

Marilyn, AWESOME picture. I'll be sharing that one.........

Darius, I got my mom a DG gift sub. today and told her about you. She's in Boone. She said you sounded like a Greek goddess! Her name is Blazer1. Please be on the lookout for her.

Stay well everybody.

Chops

Susie, glad you are okay. Long time since we talked!

Chops... I will be on the lookout for your Mom... We are having a DG Blue Ridge RU (get-together) in Boone on Sept. 24 and I hope she will attend. Look in the Roundup Forum under Blue Ridge for details.

Pati, what's the news on the new blip in the Atlantic, close in? We don't get coverage here but I heard the planes will be flying in later today.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

OMG, Darius......I have had the TV on CNN re: the new bombings in London. Can't take your eyes off the weather for a minute. I'll check it out and get back.

In the meantime, look at this, it's DG at it's crazy best.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/530015/
Pati

Darius, this must be it....nothing in text yet, but this is the only flight out today. Looks like lower Bahamas on the loop.
Pati

ATLANTIC REQUIREMENTS
1. SUSPECT AREA (BAHAMAS)
FLIGHT ONE
A. 21/2000Z
B. AFXXX 01EEA INVEST
C. 21/1630Z
D. 23.5N 76.0W
E. 21/1900Z TO 21/2300Z
F. SFC TO 10,000 FT

2. OUTLOOK FOR SUCCEEDING DAY: BEGIN 6-HRLY FIXES
AT 22/1800Z IF SYSTEM DEVELOPS.

Thanks, Pati. Where did you get that flight info?

Hey, what a Hoot in that thread! I don't watch the pet forum anymore... too many tragedies.

Darius, it's here http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ Click in the top left hand list: Flite Recon.

Pati

Thanks, Pati... never noticed the links there...

Boy Howdy.. I just saw where that is on the Weather Channel! If it proves to be a TS or then a hurricane, the FL coastal folks won't have much warning.

plane is in now, waiting for report back....but, a ship in the area has reported tropical force winds. May have to start a new thread for Fredrick.
Pati

Yeah, I hate it, but will be looking for Frederick threads. It sounds ominous.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Drats another one? *heads over to the noaa website*

Not yet, araness,,, but maybe on the close horizon.

We are moving on to TD #6

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/530813/

Pati

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Emily is fizzling out over So. Cal, NV and AZ.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.