Hurricane Emily

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We are so overdue for a rendevous, that I'm going to make some preparations in case, cause if it's not Emily, there's another one out there with our name on it.
Rj

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

I agree...I told my DH that the odds are against us this year. As I've said we might not get the eye but even if we get high winds it will do some damage.

Saint

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Still a nasty looking hurricane with sustained winds of 140 mph. South Texas is still a possible landfall, but surely will get wind and rain.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

already have the rain...auugh, oh well either way just as long as nobody gets hurt I don't care. I have insurance for the worst case and can do without power in the best case.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Where is Pati?

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

I'm concerned about her I'm about to post a notice on the FL Forum

Judy

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Judy!

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

She hasn't posted in Fl Forum either. I have her number, will call her.

Molly
:^)))

I left message on home phone and cell phone not going through.

We haven't had any hurricanes here, so she's safe from that.

I'll try her again later.

Molly
:^))

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Me too! I hope she is alright. She has been talking about going to NC, but I don't see her leaving abruptly.
I just love that gal!
sidney

I just double checked the threads she started to see if she posted a trip. Nothing.

Molly

P.S. I also sent a package of cannas to her and they should arrive today. I hope she's okay.

This message was edited Jul 16, 2005 11:13 AM

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

We wait!

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Waiting here too! Hello pati!

Starkville, MS

earth to pati - come in pati.....

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Right now it looks like no rain for me. :-(

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

imway2dumb,
I live in IL. and we had rain for 3 days from Denis,mostly light rain and drizzle.But that's a good thing,it didn't run off and all soaked into the ground.Denis just moved to the east coast yesterday we were in a serious drought and probably got about 2".I hope this helps keep your hopes up for rain.All that rain in TX yesterday and you didn't get any.Bummer!!!! If Emily follows it's projected path,I think you'll get rain. :-)
Jody

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Jody, thats what I was hoping for with Emily but, the latest track has her going accross Northern Mexico and not turning north at all. I guess a lot of my fellow Texans got more than enough rain the last couple days but, not here. My water bill next month will be a monster.

John

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Anyone have any news on Pati? Kinda anxious about her....

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

There has been no word on "Pati" and now I'm gettin really worried. If anyone knows her last name, please look up the telephone number of her son and give him a call, he lives right near her.

Judy

This message was edited Jul 16, 2005 5:16 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

She's on the addy exchange

Her last name is Schell, and they live in Ft. Pierce. Pati lives in an apt. attached to her son's home. MollyMc has her number and tried earlier with no answer. Molly may not be home right now to try again.

I have also tried twice today. Will try again.
sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Did you try her son's number?

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

?????

She's fine. Not Emily, but some other power outage and Cyber proublems.
sidney

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

TNX

Just glad Pati's okay, Thanks Sidney.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

How unusual is it for a hurricane to not make a turn north?

John

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

I don't know, but it sure sounds like the coastal areas of Mexico are not ready for this to hit :(

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Thats my impression, too!!

John, even this one (the forecasters say) could still steer a bit more northerly... hopefully not much. Depends on what happens after the Yucatan P. and the pressure systems over the northern Gulf from FL to Mexico.

I'm relieved it won't bring much my way... and I feel so sorry for those in it's path who are ill prepared.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Still Cat 4 and closing in on poor Belize and the Yucatan P. :(

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

I'm back......hopefully for good this time! I posted here yesterday and before I could send it, the wireless internet problem reared it's ugly head again! My son is working on it and says it is fixed for good.

Looks like Cozumel caught the eye. That was always one of my favorite ports back in my "cruise" days. Of course all the reporters are staying in Cancun so can't tell how bad the damage was. Hope all in south TX are spared the brunt of the blow. So far the predicted path is to go inland below Brownsville;
Pati

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Welcome back Pati :)

Janis

Glad to see you are back, Pati!

Thanks for the welcome back....boy, am I glad to be here!!!! DG withdrawal is not a pretty sight. LOL
Pati

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Welcome back, Pati!

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Glad your back too. :-)

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hey Pati!!! Pati withdrawal is not a pretty sight either. We were leaderless!

Awww John, you sure know how to turn a girls' head, bless your heart. *smile*

Just heard the Weather Chanel say something about a tropical wave approaching the Lesser Antilles, and one just now coming off the African coast. We are approaching the season for the Cape Verde storms now, so we may be spending more time together on these threads. Or, on a more positive note, maybe all our hurricanes will be Gulf storms this year and the bad ones are over!
Pati

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.