Drew's Garden Pictures So Far

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6b)

I thought I would post a few for Tami etc...

Here is the lettuce...

Thumbnail by Drew_N_Corinn

Cauliflower & Assorted Cole Crops

More

Korean Radishes (Moo) is how they say it Daikon is what it is to us...

Peas

Onions

Upper Garden

Squash

Lower Garden (New Beds)

Beds

Tomatoes and Peppers

More (3 beds of these)

I have to finish up with the boarders and then I am planning to put down wood chips rather than Gravel like the above garden. These gardens are both on my sprinkler system. Now I have to get my yard back in shape.

Herbs

Lest you think I am too cool here are my dying sweet potatoes.

A peak in inside some of those WOWs

I meant Peek but that is a Neon Eggplant and this is a Tomatillo, I do have some bigger ones but this is the pic I have....

The last empty bed will get the Cukes and some more Squash and Mellons tonite, Hit one of the sprinkler pipes with a T Post putting supports in and had to fix it. Here is another lowe garden shot.

And beets and chard with Leaf Miners... My first pest this year and one I did not have last year. I really need a solution for this guy so I can spend like $20 bucks saving my $5 worth of beets....

Woops that picture stinks...

Earlier this year from a different Vantage point

And my Logo.... Lookin good huh... Designed it all by myself!

Spokane Valley, WA(Zone 5b)

hehehe... nice pics and logo, Drew! ;)

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

That is a whole lot of garden and a lot of work!! looks great - what's up with the wall-of-fence your neighbor has? and you were worried about what the neighbors thought!?!

My tomatillo's are not doing so great but critterologist is coming to the rescue and giving me one of hers. Have you heard of a pineapple tomatillo?

-Kim

half of mine ar epineapples but I have never grown them before...

Drew

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

drew - those pics are really impressive. everything looks great. way to go.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Loved all the pics, great logo too, ummm, looks a little, ummmm, fa-mil-yer?

Those poor beets :-( I hope you saved them. I lost most of my red top beets to rabbits one day (missed him by five minutes). But my green topped are covered with a screen, and look sooo good. Got hungry in the garden the other day, picked and ate one, so guess what we had for salad that night?

Everything looks great Drew, and your yard isn't all that bad either! I would be concerned about the car exhaust, looks like a busy through street. Lucky you, looks like a corner lot!

I meant to plant Daikon radishes, but when the time came I could only find my White Icicle seeds. Got a question about chinese cabbage and intensive planting. How much space do they need? I only have two that grew back after the rabbits feasted. One is just beginning to take off, the other is already over two feet wide! I don't know what it is, got seed from DG member, and packet said "Chinese Cabbage".

Now, didn't you promise me some info on yuor t-tape watering system? You didn't think you could spend all your free time on your expensive gardening hobby, and not have to give us all the good scoop on it, now did you?

If none of this makes sense, I am dozing off at the keyboard...

TAMARA

I gotta go to bed myself as I am hoping to get an hour in before th egym and work... Ill tell ya about the drip tape in another week... Just started useing it and the jury is still out. Chinese are bigger than even normal cabbage. Mine here are just about 1.5 feet apart (if that) and I have a ton of Kolrabi and Cauliflower, and Brusel Sprouts in there as well but I can t remember but one of those things does not like the others... I just cant remember which is the one to remove and I lost the tags in the wind moving them out of the greenhouse so I dont know what is what in that bed.

The street actually isnt that busy as were the top of it and it almost ends right above me...

Drew

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Kolhrabi seesm like it would be the one out of place. My BS look pathetic, but it's worth a try. Another week is fine :-) You sure picked a good location, that is why you are the realtor!

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Lovely garden, Drew. Everything looks fanatastic. Obviously, your hard work is paying off. Thanks for sharing and Good Luck the rest of the season. :Donna

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Everything looks delicious. I wish I were a bunny in that backyard.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL, Zeppy!

Drew, all those beds look fabulous!!

With regard to the leaf miners, see if you can pick off the infested leaves.... that seemed to be the best advice for what to do if you get them on tomato plants, and from that pic it didn't look like every leaf had them.

Kim, I hope you realize you're getting more than *one* tomatillo plant! :-) LMK if you want to go to DeBaggio's this Sunday or some day next week.... you can get your tomatillos then, too!

San Jacinto County, TX(Zone 8a)

Drew,
yep! Great.........

I forgot to mention weld wire in previous posts I've made.
I see you're making good use of it!

Much work and thought there.
Keep it up and don't forget, more pic's!
_______

Tomatillos?
Kim, ya sure 'bout that lol!
critterologist might be turning ya on to tha basis of Salsa.

If ya want that good green stuff ta mix with yur peppers its tha thing.
Any one told Hot Pepper Dan 'bout that stuff?
-
I miss some posts!

Here are a few more... taken with my camera phone yesterday post light sleety hail storm...

Another, this bed has melons and peppers, mellons have not grown much (it has been too cold)

The Tomatoes Are Growing!

More tomatoes (Have had to aggressively sucker these babies, I have missed some and in one evening removed a couple of plants worth of foilage but with them this close together I really have to do it to make it work long term)

And another

Woops I meant this one...

No we dont usually have dolid precipin June, this has been the wettest year we have had in about 11 years.

This bed has some direct seeded canteloupe and peppers and left over tomatoes in it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.