Spots on green bean leaves

Medford, WI

First year gardening, central Wisconsin, planted tender green improved bush beans and new growth on the plant looks good, but after a while they begin developing these spots and the leaves begin to die, I will include pictures and hope someone can tell me what’s going on and what my options are for containing this or if it is normal. TYIA!

Thumbnail by Greasy10pin Thumbnail by Greasy10pin Thumbnail by Greasy10pin Thumbnail by Greasy10pin
Hindman, KY

Quote from Greasy10pin :
First year gardening, central Wisconsin, planted tender green improved bush beans and new growth on the plant looks good, but after a while they begin developing these spots and the leaves begin to die, I will include pictures and hope someone can tell me what’s going on and what my options are for containing this or if it is normal. TYIA!

Doesn't look like a leaf disease. I noticed some of mine looked exactly like that when they first came up. They grew out of it though so maybe you'll get lucky.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Most likely sunburn. It occurs when strong sun hits wet leaves on a dewy morning or after rain. It can occur at any time but younger leaves are more susceptible.

Parasitic diseases are the standard suspects with regards to brown spots on Normal Bean leaves. Aspergillosis and rust are normal guilty parties, with the last option frequently leaving an obvious orange or tanish dust on the underside of leaves

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.