Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

From front door

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

A single Oriental today

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Chiantis getting ready to pop. Last year there were only three stems!! Should bloom by end of May, as it has past two years.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

These should pop any day now!

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Another oriental at back of house

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Lollipops

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

My Calla lily keeps coming back, and it's in a container that stays outside. I thought they were hardy only in zone 9.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

My Calla lily keeps coming back, and it's in a container that stays outside. I thought they were hardy only in zone 9.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Hollyhock

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Beautiful! Lily envy here, but it won't be long for us now.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Gee Steve, and I am still planting lilies!!!

Oh well, mine are starting now to emerge and I can soon see what has survived the winter.

Keeping posting, please.

Maxine

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks Ilily, Maxine -

Well at least yours will still be going after mine are long finished!

These yellow Asiatics opened today and are very striking

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

This was a very tall orange Asiatic

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

More orange ones

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

I think these are "Summer Palace" budding out

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

I know these aren't "Liliums" - Hemerocallis instead - but it's cool they're finally budding out!

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Large red daylily blooming - first large red one

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Unknown Oriental budding out

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Lovely Steve! Makes my heart ache that I won't see hardly any blooms this year. Oh well something to look forward to next year and beyond.

My Chianti multiplied very fast, Steve. Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see twice as many stems next year on yours.

Is that vibrant yellow asiatic, Pollyanaa perhaps?

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks Brenda - well think how beuatiful your new landscape's gonna look once you start planting! Having a clean slate to start with is so much fun. Like I said in the other thread I am really jealous :-) You have a beautiful new house. Did you plant anything this spring?

Yeah the Chiantis are great. One of the latest blooming Asiatics for me but they seem to do really well in the heat here in late May/early June.

I THINK the yellow lilies are called "Pisa" - got them from Van Engelen last year. On the surface yellow seems such a common color for flowers but I am getting to really like it in lilies. Shows up long distances and is really eyecatching.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Haven't yet met a flower color I didn't like. LOL

I did get some lilies planted this Spring .... about 50-60 I'd guess. Also daylilies and perennials which I'm still planting! The 7-10 days of cold freezing nights really set me back on planting. I plan to put in LOTS of fall bulbs (kind of a re-run of last Fall). Ahhh well....what's a gardener to do besides plant right?

Corte Madera, CA

oh, wow, steve! you grow these beauties, too??? all hail! they are gorgeous!

annapet

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Yeah Brenda - can't take the money with you, so you may as well spend it!! heheh I plant like you do....too much....I buy impulsively sometimes and plant things I can't possibly find room for, but oh well....there are worse things we could do. Your garden will look great next year!

Thanks Moonglow for the compliment - though I must say lilies are quite a bit easier here than peonies. Lilies return well for me and most deal with the summer heat well except for some Orientals, which can get scorched in July - but most bloom before the end of June and so they're OK. I have one peony bush ready to pop, but if it doesn't open by mid-May the buds will probably dry up. Early bloomers are best here. The lilies, on the other hand, are fine. They keep coming back so they must like it well enough!

"Summer Palace" is open - trumpet

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Steve - you are adding your photos to the PlantFiles right? Summer Palace is one at the old house. :-(

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Brenda,

I have not added them yet :-( But I will :-) Summer Palace is great, isn't it??

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Another silk road opened!

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Closeup

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

I think these are Lilium Regale

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

I like this shot

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Don't know what this one is

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Lovely Steve! Isn't it wonderful how the different flowers bring out each others beauty.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Thank you IIlilyfan - I agree ;-)

Corte Madera, CA

ah, steve, you just answered my question! what to plant with ROSES!!! i love that shot. one of these days you'll get an e-mail from me. i will need help on height pairings. colors, too, of course.

thanks!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Doesn't L. regale have the dark purple reverse on the petals/sepals like Silk Road does in your photo?

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

A new yellow one opened today!

Brenda, maybe you are right. I will have to go check if I got the right variety, since they are white on the outside and have no purple.

Hi Moonglow, any help I can be I would be happy to - but really I don't do a heck of a lot of planning; I like the natural look and where it ends up, it is! But lilies DO go well with roses - so they're a good choice - and they bloom at roughly the same time here.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

This opened today

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Another Oriental

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Double hollyhocks in background

Thumbnail by SteveIndy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.