March Local weather, Out like a ????

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

My question too, we're thinking loose right? Rosemary?
Did you get rain last night John, or did the storms beat you? I'm either not paying attention or the weather is popping out surprises.
I got all my baskets on a rack I curbsided a while back for such purposes. And will be able to cover with a tarp if hail treatens.
We're under tornado warnings, servere thunder storms and occasional hurricane alerts from now until 4:00pm Nov. 2, lol.
May all storms vere out to sea this year. We still know the drill.
It's foggy and 70*
Sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

No rain last night but, woke up to a t-storm and its still raining. Much cooler, radar shows snow in the panhandle. Forcasted high here is near 50. Cool manana too. Probably the coolest spring in my 11 years here. Doing my best to be a happy camper.

John

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

83°, 78%, SSW 13MPH. Yesterday was a noisy day with the weather alert radio beeping off most of the afternoon. It's set for a 50 mile radius so I get the marine alerts also. Strange storm pattern, watched it drop down the coast from Jacksonville, usually our bad weather comes across from Tampa.

Sugar, the local gov't is pushing for all cleanup and repairs to be done immediately from last year's 'canes. My blue roof is still waiting for the insurance company to settle and some people are still living in FEMA trailers in their front yards. It's going to be an interesting year!
Hang on Sloopy!
Pati

John, enjoy that free rain. I was wondering what Trois' rocks would look like if you were interupted during the wet stage by a hail storm?
Pati, Shew, do you want me to send my handy men down? That really is the pits, blue roof still! Glad Ft Pierce is pushing.
Did you say how the wedding went?
So far, these bad parts of storms are on the southside of Jax. I live on the North side of Jax.
Sidney.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

The rain is welcome. The cool temps are not. The new spring growth has been noticably held up!

It's just taking a deep breath.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

And, remembering to exhale.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

SUGAR....FYI

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/492895/

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Light drizzle all morning, just overcast & cool now. the creek is "up" but not even enough to worry. - Dyson

Pati, lol, I can't imagine why I didn't see that, I'll read it now.
Sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Johnny Cash wrote a song about that situation.

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

When it comes to gardening, sanity isn't part of the picture here. LOL! I've already been out there for a few hours this morning and it got way too hot. I'm making myself take a breather for a few hours. Even though I take mini breaks and drinks gallons of water, I still get overheated quickly, bright red face, my son calls it "red-lining".
I promised him I wouldn't red line more than twice today before I quit. I always want to get everything done in one day.
Anyway, happy days are here again!

Thumbnail by roseone33
Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hope ya'll don't get some of my weather! Its near noon and the temp is 44F and dropping!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

If you're going to live that close to Oklahoma, John, you have to adjust.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Its snowing in both panhandles for cryin' out loud, trois! I saw my first hummer yesterday. This is no way to greet the little feller!

No it's not very fair John and I stress over the little fellows catching cold.
Please turn your fans toward the North, we don't want to pull out the heaters again.
I just planted 4 more baskets and have an afternoon of sewing to do.
Sidney

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

When I let the dog out for her evening run, the ground was covered with a sneaky wet snow and it kept at it most the night. Amazin' weather. or not. Happens as often this time of March as a warm wknd.

We had a low of 36* so it stayed a wet snow, but crusted over at some point. We had 2-3 inches, my evergreen looked quite Christmassy. They are saying there was a third of an inch of water in it. It's 50* out and only north facing rock slopes will still have snow by now.
Here's shot of chilly grape hyacinths. The snow was well melted by the time I took this.

edited to add that I just found a source for our dewpoint. today it's 27*

This message was edited Mar 26, 2005 1:13 PM

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Stupid weather! Still raining. High was 49 (at day break), low 42. What were they saying about global warming? I forgot.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

John look above your post. See I found dewpoint. exits bowing. /;-) ~Blooms

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Good for you, Blooms! An oft overlooked, yet significant, weather observation. smiles proudly :-)

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Cold here & way too wet to plow, ride the bike, work on the truck, go fishing or do anything else I either want or need to do outside.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Our 0% chance of rain got wet. 51 with a stiff North wind.

It's 86* and partly sunny. Dew point 70, 60% chance of rain, but happy to say the real hard beatings in NE Fla. have generally been S of us, we even miss many that drench the Southside of Jax. I think its spring monsoon season.
Glad to see Washington and Oregon are getting some rain.
Happy Easter, hope ya'll found all the eggs.
Sidney

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

at noon, when I thought I posted this, it was 44* with 60% humidity and dewpoint of 31. we eventually got to 60* between the clouds.

It's currently 43* dp still 31* and humidity at 54%
full moon visible thru my window. ~Blooms

Blooms I did the same thing with my post today also. How funny!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Brainfog! It's epidemic.

Bfhahaha!;>)

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Yesterday our high was lower than Liberal, Kansas, Amarillo Texas, and Salt Lake City. 40 for wake up this morning. The wind has turned from North to SW so it will warm up in a hurry today.

trois

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Still raining and the creek is still on the rise.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Rained all night and this AM We are getting those warm storms from the south. Supposed to melt the snow pack throughout Pa. Local river expected to rise 5 feet, but no flooding there.

Will be a lazy day to eat up yesterday's ham and goodies.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Rained last night after 3 gorgeous spring days. Scattered showers possible today and then the map is clear, clear, clear. . . yeah!!! 50° and 46° dp. Off to the gym and then the garden. . .

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Lousy weather came across yesterday, severe thunderstorms and toronado watches. A power surge fried one of the surge protectors on my computer, jumping and hissing and throwing sparks before I got the plug pulled. Looks like that storm is now heading up the east coast now, same warnings.

March seems to be going out like a lion...

Or a cold fish.
Brisk out this am, after a sultry yesterday.
Sunny and 67*.
Sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Low 35 and sunny this am. 'Posed to warm to 72. Snowed south of D/FW yesterday! I had close to an inch of much needed rain! Even warmer tomorrow.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Stopped raining, with two feet left on the creek bank (five more feet and I would have to "rescue" the canoe). sun is out in force, Nice for a change, Now if the saturated earth will dry out and the creek clear up. maybe we can get something done. Gotta get my wx station back on so I can get temps. Will work on it.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

I need to figure out how to get a proper weather station but, I don't want to pay for it!

John,
Figure out what you want, where you want it and what it looks like.
When you visulize it think "Thats my weather station".
Do this repeatively until your opportunity comes.
Sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Yep, dumb of me to be giving up. I will refuse to do that!

That's my weather Station!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

The weather station I visualize includes a web camera and a website. It will be easy to share!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.