March Local weather, Out like a ????

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

74° , 91% ,overcast , prediction for strong thunderstorms this afternoon. As Sugar says, It's spring!
Pati

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Hey, it's sposta snow tonight here. 1-3 inches, we'll see!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

43 after low of 39, dp 36, overcast. :-( Forcast partly cloudy and 68. Not bad. :-|

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

You really don't want to know how nice it is here, 76, partly cloudy.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

I agree.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

72 here and clear. Very nice. Spring is definately here as all the Robins have left.

trois

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Good thing I do not have a radio in my wannabe truck ('92 Nissan, 2WD, no frills) because I drove all across Georgia through tornado warnings & watches yesterday without a clue! Weather was bad enough without a "fear factor" LOL.

Sidney was wonderful, as was lunch. Glad I got to meet her while I was in Jax.

Weather back home in NC is spotty but had a high today of 60+...

I hope you took that basket with you. I found out lobelia melts in heat.
Glad you are home safe.
Sidney

LOL, I forgot to add how lovely a hanging basket I got from you! Even the slight heat here in the mtns melts lobelia.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Lobelia in hanging baskets does very well in Alaska's heat!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

37 degrees on a dark grey rainy day. It is supposed to rain until Monday. Typical weather this time of year in Pa.

8PM Nice even layer of snow on everything! Hope it goes away overnight.

This message was edited Mar 23, 2005 8:01 PM

You learn everyday. What a hoot, can't tolerate temps below 30*, but melts like Scalet O'Hara at the least leap in temps. lol
It sure is pretty.
I need a list of heat hardy Blue annuals.
Sidney

Se eds, your spring is not far off, hang in there.
It's sunny and 71.
Beautiful day.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

62 after lo of 47, dp 49, mostly overcast. 78 forcasted high.

78 is good, even if it rains you can pull weeds.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Spring is here, at last.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Your proof?

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

sez so on calender

Modi'in, Israel

Here's my proof John. My Jatropha integerrima began sending out leaves just TWO days ago. And now look at them :-) This guy is ready to green up!!! :-)

Thumbnail by salvia_lover
Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Dyson has made a claim and can't back it up. Blooms believes everything she reads.

Well, I can and will in the bright and early.
64 * and sleepy
Sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Is there a real spring in Florida?

Yes there is a real spring up here where I live, and 12 years ago in Orlando an allergy to some pollen came very close to killing me. I think thatt means it was spring. It was in Feb.
I just took some night shots of some of the Petunias I planted in late Janruary. I haven't counted the blossoms yet. I usually don't do White, but these almost shine.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

J/k ya!

There is spring down here too...much more subtle than where Sugar is. Everything turns the most remarkable green almost over night, and we have enormous trees that are covered with huge yellow flowers. All my plants that have behaved nicely through the winter months suddenly jump up in growth, bloom like crazy and take their last bow before the heat of summer does them in.

Sugar, I was never a "white bloom" person either until I realized how beautiful they were at night!

82°, 74% wind SSE 13 MPH, Fair skies. I think we just passed spring! LOL
Pati

Pati, well I did the 40 plant dash when I slept late, and awoke to "Possible golf ball hail" & tornado warnings until this evening. I had to move all my tender babies to the back porch. I had a good workout anyhow.
This is where I put a picture of my new coleuses.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/465531/
70* and rainy

WOW Sugar! Drool on the keyboard!
Pati

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Spring has not been sustainable in North Central Texas so far. Highs for saturday and sunday are expected to be only in the 50s.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I think it is here to stay. 60s at night, 80s day. Higher humidity.

Rock pictures, John?

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

It is spring here. It is chilly at 50* these past few days due to a passing bundle of storm fronts.

We had major winds for a day [still can't find trash can lid ] followed by a drop from 70* highs to 50* highs and grey skies with showers.
Every drop of rain is appreciated on our drought stricken soil and should bring us desert daisies... providing of course a shower actually passed over the Cisco Desert area. ~Blooms

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

John a) all the precep. for the last week has been a "wet" form
b) everything is turning from brown to green
c) the geese are stopping by at the lake on their way north
d) I found myself thinking about fishing instead of planting?

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

I saw my first hummingbird today! Ha!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

70F and sunny. It was pretty nice out until the neighbors turned their stereo on. I have zero tolerance for that. There are a lot of people who are lucky that I don't have noise-seeking missiles.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Kelli - do you need some?

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Yeah. Got any???

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

We reachd the low 70's today and it seemed like 90'. Time for my body to turn on the ac and realize winter is over. I got a pickup load of mushroom compost and will spread it tomorrow. Got the screens out of the basement and had most of the windows open all afternoon. Heavenly!

Rosemary, where did you get the mushroom compost?

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Outside of Blairsville, on the Young Harris Hwy. $22.50 plus tax for one heaping front end loader scoop.
Appalachian Timber Co, INC.
1551 Young harris Hwy.
Blairsville GA 30512
706 745 8977
Bark and Mulch

Wish they came home with you to unload it. :-)

Ah, I know where that is! Maybe I can get my handyman Bob to get a load for me, although why I want to improve the garden here before I move again baffles me.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Not me. I've done stuff like that too!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.