March Local weather, Out like a ????

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

The sparrows know.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

They got that urge.

Modi'in, Israel

Ahhhhhh, you got one of those Wrath of God storms eh Trois? I like those. Great snuggle under the quilts weather. :-) Nothing like a midwest thunderstorm to lull me to sleep :-) Not much thunder and lightening type rains here. Just boring nonstop drizzle for weeks on end.

-Julie

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

This one would have rivaled an Oklahoma storm. It didn't cause a lot of damage, just a few broken limbs.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Tree limbs I hope.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Yep.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Just had a blast of hail, little quarter inch stuff but it lasted three minutes... it's so wet out there it only accumulated on my carpeted paths. gone again in seconds as a drenching rain passed by next.

Interesting weather for all those jeepers here for weekend slickrock-ing; there's a reason they call it slickrock.

Modi'in, Israel

Hail, now that's something I don't miss. The only hail I've experienced here hasn't even been big enough to call "pea-sized".....more like lentil sized LOL. So the only hail damage I've gotten are dents on my succulents. Sure hope your car was under cover before that started Blooms!

Trois, scary Oklahoma storms are those which include tornados or threats of them. Of course, large tree limbs crashing through ones bedroom ceiling wouldn't be fun at all either.....but I'm romanticizing the great thunderstorms of the mid-west here.....humor me! LOL

-Julie

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

The rough and rowdy storms are fun to experience! The damage they do is not.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

It's been wild and wooly out here in Central Valley. . .had one doosey of a front that came through yesterday afternoon, while I was trying to run errands. It was getting blacker and blacker with thunder and lightning. Had to pull over for a few minutes to let it pass (everyone did). Watched the water in the gutter rise about 5" within about 2 minutes. Much calmer today. . .cloudiness and showers, but lots of weather advisories for snow and heavy rain and flooding in Sierras.

;-D Janet

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

That tells the story, Janet.

Oakland, OR(Zone 8a)

Some rain yesterday, last night, and today but not nearly as much as predicted. Sure hope the predictions of lots of rain come true this evening and tonight. We need the rain. We got lots of wind in gusts, but did I mention we need the rain? Not wind unless it's bringing the rain. I hope we have gotten enough so I don't have to water tomorrow. Temperatures have been in the mid 50's, but we still need the rain! Dotti

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

What a nice misty moisty day. Temps are still in the low 40's. First time this year, I think. Digging through the mulch in the flower beds, and guess what, the plants are down in there and starting to grow. Spring is here.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, I got all those roses planted, and several seeds and other plants.
Planted a window box for a neighbor, she wanted purples, I obliged.
Rain for a day or 2 coming, but not cold.
Dyson, house across the alley is for sale, $73,000. Come on down!
Sidney

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Warm & sun this morning, gonna work on the blazer and see if i can find the brake fluid leak. I need to find a chunk of land 5-20 acres, with running surface water (on a river or major stream), no house included & really low property taxes. I know - pipe dream time, I'll keep looking & waiting.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I know a man that found what you are looking for. After he had bought it, without a visit first, he found out he wasn't allowed on it because of an endangered species. It was far away in another state. The pictures were pretty.

67 and foggy this morning. Great start for the day.

trois

This message was edited Mar 21, 2005 8:01 AM

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Maybe i'll get lucky, or i can wait for a few years, gonna relax, had a girlfriend in Alaska once, who
said "if you don't need to do anything - do nothing- and when you need to it will be easier. She was wise. Good wx here today.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Woke up to a t-storm! Got about 1/3" of precip. They might redevelop in the afternoon.

Dyson prop. taxes are low in Texas. A rolling stone gathers no moss.

Also no state income tax in Texas, Tennesee, and Florida. It's overcast, but 72*.
Darius is in town and I'm meeting her for lunch.
Sidney

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

82 degrees here. Very balmy, soft South wind.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Would you believe my 'Stainless Steel' rose I planted yesterday (out of the box) has new growth on it this afternoon? Amazing, eh?

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Little bitty quarter inch hail doesn't damage anything and with our temps it melted near fast as it fell.. Came from waaaay up there down thru the warmer clouds???
my hopes for a continuation dashed by puffy clouds in a sea of blue. okay back to work lady.
56 at noon here, when the sun duks behind one of the clouds it feels chilly instantly. ;)

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Sidney hope you & Darius have a good time/lunch, I'm sure you will. Best too all - dyson

Thanks had great lunch, chinese buffet. Could have talked to her for hours. cloudy but warm.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Overcast but, reasonably warm. Hi 77, lo 55, dp 32.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

There have been tornado warnings in nearby counties tonight. A definite sign of spring in my neck of the woods. All moving away from my location.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

You will get rain, John. It just has to come at a bad time.

Modi'in, Israel

Tornados....don't miss those either. Especially since my parents built their house on a hill and didn't build a storm cellar until this year. Tornados destroyed great chunks of my little home town more times than I care to remember so there were some tense moments when I was growing up. Before we moved to that house out in the country, we had a tornado bounced right over our house in town. The roar of that thing was frightening and I was sure we were all going to be smashed to pieces. We were so confused as to why we didn't get hit (although quite thankful of course!!!!!).....until the next day when aerial shots showed how it had hit down about a block from us, bounced up and then down again a block away on the other side. It went across the town bouncing up and down like a child on a pogo stick...a very angry destructive child.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Now I know why you're living far from your hometown, Julie!! lol

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

SUGAR....and all in the vicinity. I don't know what's headed your way, but Weather Underground has all kind of bad weather icons pasted on Tallahassee, plus a special weather bulletin. HUNKER DOWN!
Pati

http://www.wunderground.com/US/FL/Tallahassee.html

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

73 this morning. Light NW wind. Sunny.

I pause to refer to "Underground".
Pati, it is supposed to rain this afternoon, but winds are from SW, so I'm gonna be alright. Those in Alabama and Georgia better hunker alright.
Sunny and 73 with scattered clouds 99% humidity. Turned electric rain off. (my sprinkler)
I've refered to the "Nature Flirt" part of my garden several times in different threads and in one John ask what it was, well it's the section I'm trying to lure hummers and Butterflies to. Some of these plants are attractive to other birds also. They "flirt" with nature.
Great day to everybody!
Sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

50 after low of 46, dp 40, light west wind, overcast. With dew points in the low 40s it seems odd that we had severe storms. No reports of damage. It will be cooler today. Eighty and sunny by friday.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful northern spring morning. Sun and temps in the 50's. Just got done running the rototiller. Have to make myself rest for a while so I am able to get something done tomorrow.

Tried to use the Troy Minitiller but it couldn't do the job. Ended up using that old 3.5 hp job which rips the soil and you, apart.

Those southern storms should be up here tomorrow.

Pati, your right, that thunder is near. TWs until 6.
Sidney

Modi'in, Israel

Our sun is gone and in it's place are dark and menacing rain clouds. Cooler temps have taken away our unseasonably warm weather too. Oh well, I knew it wouldn't last, but the sun was nice while we had it. I figure it'll be back within a few days.....for how long is the question.

10 minutes to 9pm here and 16C (60.8F).....definitely nothing to complain about but I sure hope the rains keep to the night time hours. Sun during the day time would be excellent after night showers :-) (keep in mind, this is not August, so the humidity isn't an important factor for this scenario LOL).

-Julie

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

It's raining, it's pouring. . . ah well, you know the rest. Been raining all day, with strong wind and occasional thunder and lightning and will continue for next two days, then a break and then another storm. Seems the storm door is open and in they're coming. . . 57° right now and 52° dp.

;-D Janet

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi 55, lo 46, dp 39, mostly cloudy. Didn't look or feel like spring today. :-(

Good ole spring weather here, t-storms, rain, 65* now.;>)

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Cool 50 degrees here this morning. Clear, no wind. 75 forecast for high.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.