March Local weather, Out like a ????

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Lion ?? or Lamb??
Well, we've already weather chatted up 2 threads this month.
Maybe this one will bring us closer to SPRING!
Sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Good morning, Sugar!

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks Sugar....The rains are gone, we had 4". Today it's 69°, 78% and the prediction for tomorrow (wedding day) is 72° and SUNNY!!!

My son's getting married in the morning.
Dig, dong the bells are going to chime!!!

Pati

Buuurrrr cold and wet! 48* out and Burrrr.
Morning to you also.
Sidney

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

45 low. 65 now. 70s for next few days. 60s for lows. Things are growing.
trois

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

7 days of rain in the forecast, starting w/showers here later in the day. SF Bay area and Monterey already getting soaked. We'll be getting our share from a front moving in from LA later. And another big storm behind that has rain drops on my weather map for the next week. GRRRRRRR. . . . . got lots to do in the garden. 56° right now and 47° dew point. Better get out there and do some work before the onslaught.

Thanks for the new thread Sugarweed.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Wish some of that California rain would come my way, Janet!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I hope you get it instead of us, John. I really do. The last of the standing puddles are gone for the first time in 6 months. I'd like to keep it that way for a week or so.

trois

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

after two days of lousy wx it is starting to look like spring here. warm & sunny this afternoon.
dyson

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

52F, raining a little

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

75 and very bright sun.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

We made 75, dp 39. Beautiful day!

Morristown, NJ(Zone 6a)

Warming up, it got to 44 today!

I think it got to 51 out today.
Was at a closing WM and went crazy in the garden center as they marked down more bare root roses grade 1s for$1 and rose trees for $4. Ialso found beautifull 6 packs for $1.50 at lowes, just gorgeous varieties.
It's supposed to warm up tomorrow.
Pati may your son and new wife have a blessed wedding day and a life similar to it. Not too hot and very sunny.
Have a good time for all of us.
Sidney

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks sugar! Prediction for 1PM (wedding time) is 69°, 45%, wind N8, SUNNY! Cooler than we anticipated. The wedding is a resturant in the marina that the whole front opens onto the water (east), so the wind shouldn't be a factor.

I repeat: SUNNY!
Pati

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

If people are all dressed up with suits and such 69 degrees should be perfect, especially with sun. Have a wonderful day!

trois

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Sounds like a perfect day for a FL wedding. ;-D

On the other hand, I hope NOONE had an outdoor wedding planned here. . . pouring down good steady rain and looks to stay that way for a few days. Got lots planted yesterday, so it should settle in nicely. 51° right now at 5AM and 49° dew pt (no surprise!)

Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend (even if it is raining in your neck of the woods), as it will OFFICIALLY BE SPRING tomorrow. . . . ;-D Janet

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Starting off the day at 60 degrees, no wind, and sunshine. Maybe today I will mow. Yesterday when I started to prepair my mower, the entire underside was fire ants. They should be finished by now. I have learned to not fight with them on day one, just kill the little @#%^$#@#$ and wait a day, Things are better now. A couple of years ago if I dropped something on the ground and reached down to pick it up. I would get 3 or 4 Blackberry thorns and half dozen fire ants on my hand which means you have to remove the thorns first while getting stung. We have only seen a few mounds this spring.

trois

Thank goodness the sun is out, and so am I.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

56 after low of 46. Dp 31, sunny.

This is a picture of my curbtside triangle I planted some time back.
white petunias. blue violas and coral snaps.
It's 62 and rising.

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

I really like your choice of colors!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I like those colors also.

John, about 6 months ago I posted something, then looked back about a half hour later and it was gone. I reposted. In another hour I looked back again and they were both there, except the last one was in front of the earlier. Something happened then also. Cyber mystery.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

The wonder isn't that it works so poorly,
The wonder is it works at all."
-Anonymous

It's all just magic John, like most everything else.

Thanks, I am trying to llike white more. I'm crazy for color though.
I think you're just going to have some mix-ups, like the cable that was sliced. All in all Dave does a wonderful job of keeping me here too much, lol[>)

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I know what you mean about being crazy for color. I tend to kind of ignore white-flowered things unless they are very fragrant or are big, showy cactus flowers.

Mid 50s and damp. 0.3" of rain yesterday and overnight - enough to wash away the pollen dust, I suppose.

We've got an apparently sick goldfish in the pond. We want to bring it inside for surveillance and treatment. DH is trying to catch it but is having a hard time. I told him that if the fish is that hard to catch, it must not be very sick.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

right you are Kelli, if a fish is very ill, it will not be able to evade capture very well. good luck. oh yea - very warm, overcast but nice.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

It hit 85 today. Really nice. 72 and cloudy now. It looks like a thunderstorm is coming.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi 66, lo 46, dp 31. Some sun but, mostly overcast today. Took a nap. A waste of time but, I must practice my nap skills for later.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

A nap is never wasted. If I get bored, as in the last 2 years I worked, I go to sleep in a flash. I have heard, while naping and tours were going through the halls," that guy sleeping at his desk is our chief Engineer. If something happens, he will have it fixed in a couple of minutes" I finally got a little embarressed and told them to go break something so I can stay awake.
After a couple of years of this, I decided to retire, since I was 66 years old any way. They were very nice and the tech crew bought me a computer and an Email account. Just wanted to keep in touch. LOL
They needed some help for a few months but finally started to use their own noodles.

Wonderful out, dark, soft breeze, 70 degrees.

trois

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

I had a good practice today. I will make good use of this new skill!

Rise and shine if you can! I started to change the time, but I was a week early I guess. Saw a great deal of weather in Texas last night. Are John, Trois, Tamara and others in that storm path alright?
Pati, are you recovering after a great day?
Is everyone in church?, or in the garden?
They are one in the same to me.
It's 70 and sunny.
I'm shortly headed towards my sanctuary.
Have a wonderful day.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

No storms in my path last night Sidney. I am planting a rose in my church as we apeak! It is officially the first day of spring today.

John

These are the bare roots I'm planting today soaking in water fortified with my alfalfa tea.
Time to get to it!

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

I could use some of that tea! 69 after a low of 46, sunny, hi forcasted at 75.

Modi'in, Israel

Nice sunny day today. Perfect for getting some more baby plants in the ground.....well, any excuse LOL

Thumbnail by salvia_lover
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

We have DRIZZLE and will settle for that. If it lasts long enuff we'll get a much needed drink here in the high desert valley of Moab.
At 10:30 here it's 49* out with low cloud cover and the promise of off and on showers all day. Hoorah! and they say we'll have about four days of off and on showers. I hope they're right. Don't mind postponing garden work while it gets the drink it truly NEEDS - I refuse to water this early in the season. Most of the stuff is still dormant and couldn't put it to use anyway.

I'm watching a flick about man-generated tidal waves on USA I think they're using hurricane vids to immitate the devastation supposedly in Hawaii. missed the start, doesn't matter, it's a fill-in-the-blanks type movie. LOL ~Blooms

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hey, Blooms!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Forget the lamb. Last night was a Tiger. Very stronf storm hit at 1AM and lasted till 2:30 AM. Wall to wall lightning, lots of noise. It is 73 now and very nice.

trois

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

43 high, 26 low. Snow showers and rain later and tonight. That bucket of tea and bare roots made me happy with anticipation. It is spring, even if it's new england spring. I know because the sparrows are carrying nesting materials to the bird houses!! Will be a while before the snow is not piled a few feet high in the gardens. Soon, soon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.