Anthurium "flamingo flower" some help please

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

This is another plant I bought off the clearance rack a couple of weeks ago. Nice healthy plant has one flower and another one coming up.
I know I need to keep this moist, thats not a problem, but its looking a bit rootbound, do they like it this way or should I go ahead and repot this. Also how about fertilizing, the one flower is pretty small, I figured it was needing fertilizer or its just a small plant.
I want to be able to get this baby to thrive, not just grow, any info or suggestions would be so much appreciated you just dont know.

Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 5a)

I have always loved these plants. They can get rootbound without difficulty but they do like humid heat and excellent drainage. I use 1/2 coir when repotting and double pot. They flower best when rootbound. Use a lower nitrogen fertilizer for more flowers. Jessamine

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Thank you Jessamine, I guess its better right now for me to leave it in its pot since it has another flower coming up and just make sure the soil stays moist while adding some fertilizer. I know they dont do that at the store, but Im surprised that they let such a healthy looking plant go for clearance like they did. Of course Im not complaining, Ive been wanting one of these for years.

Thumbnail by Dravencat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.