Hibiscus Coop/Show and Tell

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

cool....

New Hyde Park, NY(Zone 7a)

Gators Pride

Thumbnail by mns2lv4ever

Wow, y'all! They're beautiful!!

Someday mine will recover from the damage the postman did to them and then I can post pictures, too....

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

Donna,
What is that old addage?
No good turn goes unpunished?

Thanks for hosting this, sure sorry the postman was so cruel to yours.

George

With around half of my liners little more than sticks at this point I wish I could express what it means to me that my first bloom should be named 'Heaven's Peace'.

Thumbnail by
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Wow Donna, that is just beautiful! I know you're happy....I sure would be!

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

It is beautiful Donna you have deserved this bloom.

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Donna,

How wonderful for you. My Heaven's Peace has bloomed twice, but we had so much rain, it was so heavy the bloom couldn't stand up.

Sun shining today and the hibiscus have a new area to grow in. Pictures later today. I'm too sweaty and dirty right now.

Molly
:^))))

I have had my hibiscus outside for about a month now and just today I organized a new bed to situate them in while they remain in their pots. This way I can move them and turn them about as needed.

This is the before:

Thumbnail by MollyMc

There are some crinums and gingers? planted in the ground around the mango tree. The fishtail fern appears to be growing from the tree. I had to trim it back a lot to clear the space on the ground. This fern grows quite fast and drops seeds from the undersides of each mature branch. If you let it, it would eventually extend it's growth over the entire yard.

So we pulled ferns, weeds and St Augustine runners from the area, mulched and put up a little wire fence to keep the dogs out.
I also have a couple key lime seedlings, pecans, pine, holly and a couple japanese maple seedlings in pots. I decided this looks a whole lot better than having a bunch of nursery pots lined along the fence or stacked on 1X12's on buckets.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Did I say we? Yep, my son helped do all this hard work today. This is his first appearance on Dave's Garden.

Molly
:^)))

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

DH took these while I was in Hospital. think this is Gator Pride

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

think this is Tambion(spelling)

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

this is Petra

Thumbnail by DonnaB

Very nice! Good for you!!

Long Beach, MS(Zone 8b)

Beautiful DonnaB. Those liners sure were the best co-op. Yours are so pretty. I get excited as each bud begins to open and love the way the bloom keeps getting larger and larger after they open. WOW. Hope you are doing okay,

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Ruby you need to come visit me. I sure would enjoy the company. I will even let you go pilferring through my yard lol

Long Beach, MS(Zone 8b)

Careful Donna! You might just see me. Am heading for Colorado on Wednesday but will check in when I get back.

Hmmm, it never dawned on me until just now, but I was offered a job to Grand Bay, AL the other day and turned it down due to the hurricane. Silly me, I could have come to your house, Donna! Dang!!!

Well, I won't make that mistake again! ;->

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Thanks Ruby

Oh you would have been close to a bunch of us Donna

Lakeland, FL

What a good lookin' son. Must take after his dad huh? {Joking} All my liners doing great even after 11 in. of rain. I put them in the ground about a month ago and two of them are growing fast and budding. The other three are growing to just not as fast. I wonder how big? they get any clues? Bye, Marilynne

Yep Marilynne, He takes after his daddy. You always do make me chuckle. :^))))

I wonder in the height info is at the website Carol has. Let's see, gotta sort through all those threads for the right posting. I'll do that while I have some luch and get back to ya.

Molly

Sorry Marilynne,

The 2 websites posted had no height information on any of their hibiscus. (Well a random sampling anyway. I didn't look at every one)

Any one else know?

Molly

Lakeland, FL

Lunch? what's that? I am hungry. Tanks for the info Molly I e-mailed ya tooooooooooooooooooooo. Me

Do gardeners have time to take out for lunch.

You have time when your son cooks it, plates it up and brings it over and sits it in front of you while your looking up plant info. :^))))
Molly

Must be nice!!

Must be really nice. One son is 45 miles NW (Wichita) of me, and another is in Houston. I am so envious.

Well that little effort and the thunderstorm that just went by, put him to sleep, he's napping now. rough day.

:^)))

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

Purple Magic

Thumbnail by stetchworth
Lakeland, FL

Well, I am surrounded by kids, g/kids. I have seven kids 21 g/kids and except for 2 in Al. and a son in Oregon I am in the middle of it. Love it!!!!!!!! Me

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

Marilynne, you forgot to mentioned the dogs.

Millenium Superstar bloomed right after I received the plants. Now blooming again in their outside pots.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

And here's Confederate Heart. A little weighed down by the thunderstorm we had today, but still hanging in there.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Today I have Aztec Sun, what a pleasant surprise! Most of the others I bought were in shades of blue and lavender (except Ocean Spray) So this orange and Red Combo woke me right up!

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Part 2 has been started at the following web site:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/524060/

Hope I have done this right.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.