It rarely/never snows here
(128 votes, 33%)
Red dot

Other?
(27 votes, 7%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Worden, IL(Zone 6a)

Very little snow this season, which is fine with me!!!
Cindy

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Snow was very sporadic this season.

Either we were hip deep in snow , flooded from a fast & hard hitting heat spell , then encased in ice as a Canadian cold front dropped down upon us.

Audubon, PA(Zone 6b)

According to my "Winter Journal" we've had 19 inches of snow since Jan. 19th..
An additional 6 to 10 inches predicted for tonight. Nuff already!!

SC, MT(Zone 5a)

We have had some more snow than usual but still not enough to make the drought go away.

I am thankful for what we received but wish we had more. It is always possible as late as May.....but doubtful. :>(

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Only one light dusting all year - really rather nice for once.

Toledo, OH(Zone 5b)

We have had over 30 inches so far with another prediction of 5-8 over the next two days, I'm so tired of winter and all the snow, hurry up spring!!

Leander, TX(Zone 8b)

None here this year, However we went to Victoria, Tx for Christmas and saw a Winter Wonderland at my parents.

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

No snow here in So. Calif., thank goodness.....but we sure have had our share of rain this year. squish - squish.

Donna

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

One good snow - enough for the kids to play in. Next day it was gone. Perfect! :)

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

We HOPE it doesn't snow here. All of our zone 9 plants turn up their toes if it gets that cold. It happened about 20 years ago and we lost a lot of plants. But like SoCal, we've had our share of rain. Living in a semi-arid environment though, water has always been a short commodity. We have to keep all of those rice fields wet and still have enough for beautiful gardens. El Nino was working overtime!

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

To much rain,but short on snow.Jody

(Zone 8b)

Well we had a white Christmas - my first in 60 years and it lay for around 5 days. I gather thats very unusual in this part of Texas.

Dayton, WA

Out here in the wilds of WA. State, we're facing the very real possiblility of a severe drought due to the lack of snow...especially in the mountains.

East Barre, VT(Zone 4a)

A very dry early winter, followed by rain, rain rain. Finally, at the end of January, things started to pick up. We need the snow here to avoid winter kill. Plus, it's Vermont, for goodness sake. We live here because we LIKE the snow! 6-12 inches more predicted for tonight. I'll bring my skis to work tomorrow and go for a moonlight ski after work.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

One snowfall of 8". Everything else was light dustings. Bummer!!! Sold the snowmobile Fri. DH is tired of wishing for snow and watching WI and MI get it all! No fair!! They're not sharing!! LOL

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Other. Because at Christmas we got some snow that lasted a couple of weeks or so, so it was more than a dusting, but it definitely wasn't plenty - because it melted and we haven't seen any since. In fact, we've hardly seen any rain. It's been very dry and we need some rain or snow.

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Other. We had our share of "the white stuff" in late December and Early January. But now it is all gone and has been for weeks. As in WA, we here in B.C. are facing another dry hot summer. I don't want any snow, but we could sure use a good amount of rain over the next few weeks.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

We only got 1 snow this year...but it was about 3 years worth all in one day! YAAAAK!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

We had one 9 inch snow, and some slight dustings. Now as I look out the window we are receiving the beginning of what is supposed to be a real slammer.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

We had decent snow cover this year for the second winter in a row. I'm hopeful of minimal losses in my iris beds again this year.

Laurie

I voted for plenty of snow. It seems like we've been getting a few inches every week since December. We had a white Xmas and that's pretty rare in itselff here. In fact its snowing right now and by the time the dust settles tomorrow night we'll have received 10-15 cm (or 4-6"). Its been about 7 years since we had this much snow in one winter.

Sparks, NV(Zone 6a)

Record breaking snows in Reno/Sparks - Trukee Meadows area of Northern Nevada--6 feet to the valley floor between Thanksgiving and New Year's storms. Piles of snow still remain in locations where trucks hauled snow during heavy removal cycles. However, now we have sun at long last--and my crocus are starting to bloom. Spring, can't wait for you to arrive!

Rebecca

Dublin, OH(Zone 5a)

Too much.

Still here.

More coming. :-(

Whatsup?

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

kooger........you poor thing, had I known your DH wanted some snow, we here in Michigan would be only too happy to give you as much as you want......it's snowing now as I type, and we ar expecting about 16 inches.....come on over and get yourself some...

Deann

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

We've had plenty of snow, and surprisingly rain too. I don't think that we have any worrys about drought for the spring and early summer. We had our wettest year last year, with about 30 inches of rain. Ready for the weather to behave, let's get on with spring!!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

We have gotten very little snow this year. Probably 6 inches in all. We are way below our normal snowfall. I hope we get a big dump of real wet snow soon. A couple feet would be good. It's very dry here and without some snow to start the spring off, and if it doesn't rain this summer, we are going to burn up in July and August.

Winchester, VA(Zone 6b)

under snow at this time - had a real late fall - followed by a warm early jan. winter started late jan and we have had cold temps but little snow until last week - now it snows all the time. Predicted another 12 inches before morning.

Churchill, Victoria, Australia(Zone 10a)

We have had snow fall on our garden about twice in the 20 years we have been living here. Once it settled and stayed around for an hour. We do get more snow on the hills to the North of us though, but the dense tree cover means that you can rarely see it from the valley.

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

I'm 3 hrs. north of the Gulf Coast, which got a white Christmas this year, but I never saw the first flake! (Well, with the exception of the general populus around here...)

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Barely enough to stick to the deck a couple times. But we're above normal on precipitation, so what we lack in snow, we've made up for in rain. We're due for a small flurry here tonight...kids are anxious to see if they'll call off school, but I'm not counting on it. (No "snow days" this year - hopefully we won't be using them for flooding/tornado aftermath days this spring!)

Danbury, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi
northeaster tonight I probably will be home tomorrow....
Linda

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Snowed for the first time on Christmas day in Houston, Texas.

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

We had little snow until late January, then we got 3 feet in one week! Only had 6 inches for all of February but currently there is still about 1.5 feet in my back yard. We can expect snow-cover here until early April.

Coopersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

in the middle of another n'or easter here too....i'm ready for spring.....

(Zone 5b)

We've had a couple of feet this year. Not all at once though so it hasn't been bad. It's snowing again but shouldn't be more than a couple inches. A little late in the year but this should be the last of it.

Keene, NH(Zone 5a)

new hampshire has been messed up with snow- now finally winter settling in when i'm wishing for spring- when i was wishing for snow in jan it rained, and days were in the 40's..even hit 50 thats crazy for NH--what i really really wish for though is a long cool spring like the brits have...i'd love to watch all the spring things bloom one by one--spring's a mad rush here- sometimes the tulips last barely a day or two....sigh....but the snow is pretty tonight- school off tomorrow for sure-

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We have none on the ground right now. Total for the winter is under 6". We normally would get around 48". We had some big rains during the winter, one storm was over an inch.
20 miles to our east there is a good 6" of snow cover today.
Been a strange winter here.
Bernie

Avis, PA(Zone 6a)

We're getting snow now, but I'm afraid it's arrived too late. Back around Christmas and beginning of Jan we had bitterly cold weather with no snow cover. I'm afraid alot of my newly planted perennials from last fall might not have survived the sub zero temps. Glad we are getting snow now to bring the water table levels up. Maybe we'll have enough to avoid a drought this summer. Just a strange,strange winter.Come on spring!!!!!

Audubon, PA(Zone 6b)

Another 7 inches of snow fell yesterday / last nite bringing our total to 26 inches since Jan. 1.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.