These iris on-line websites for 2005 are up

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

yes doss and you know where the irises are!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

And the daylilies and .... I just bought some astilbe. Well, I can't grow Iris in the shade, can I?

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I banish the shade to the center of my yard so I have wide border beds in the sun. I also have a corner of shade on the Northeast side of the house & under a couple of trees.
Astilbes & Columbines are some of my favorites to mix with interesting hosta & brunera.
Some daylilies thrive in the shade too...

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL The Center of the yard??? Too hot for Columbines here and Hosta are marginal- but I think that they are really beautiful. Ferns and hydrangea, ligularia and callas, camellias and azaleas, some carex and a. palmatum, and abutilon and fuchsia.... But here I am wishing for columbines. They are fairy dancers and I have always loved them.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Since this thread has "sprouted" again (*smile*), I figured it was also time for me to issue my annual plea and appeal.

Please (pretty please!) if you ordered last year from a nursery listed in the Watchdog...please take a moment to leave feedback for them.

What you know not only helps other gardeners, but it often helps the smaller nurseries tremendously to have your feedback. (Hopefully you had a positive experience, but even the constructive comments let them know what they can do better.) Their Watchdog entry often appears just below their own in a Google search, so having updated feedback can make a big difference in how other potential customers view them.

If you have left a comment for a company in the past, you can always add to it if you've ordered again since you first posted. Just scroll down past the comments and you'll find a link to "add more details..." (it'll be in the same spot where you normally find a link to add feedback to a company.)

If there are new companies that should be added, you are welcome to submit them, or send the information to us and we'll add them for you.

If there are any nurseries that have closed or sold/merged with another company, please let us know about those, too.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Thank you Terry for the reminder. I sure do rely on the Watchdog.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thanks Terry, you are so right. Dave's has been a very good source for me.

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the reminder, Terry. I went in and commented for Superstition Iris.....forgot I had ordered from them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.