iris locater

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Here's a pic of 'Blue for Sue'

http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/may03/msg00342.html

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

thanks, doss! i am going to get a few of the dwarf and small iris to add to my garden. now i have to choose which ones, i have a long list. i might try a pci anyway and see what happens.

thanks laurief, my area is zone 5/6 and we don't get as cold as you. we are about 25 today and during the month of jan. we stay around 10 to 25 range. i have baby blessed and a few others walmart carried. the hard part is picking the ones that i want. i want them all!

belinda

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Belinda,

Interestingly, we're at 43 degrees right now in the Northland. It feels like April, for Pete's sake (not that I'm complaining)! It'll be good to melt off a little of this snow now so hopefully the road won't completely wash out when spring really happens. I grew up in the Chicago suburbs, so I'm also familiar with a climate more similar to yours.

The nice thing about the small beardeds is that they don't take up much room, so you can plant more of them in less space. Go crazy! Order ALL OF THEM!

Laurie

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

laurie, we will be getting your weather by saturday according to the weather report. i think i might order them all, will tell dh that you told me too and i just had to do it. lol belinda

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Laurie thanks!
I thought I was almost finished. Last night she sent me another whole page of iris. Guess she had more iris then I thought. Oh well I don't mind. I get to see all her iris and find some new ones to add to my list.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Oh great, now Belinda's hubby will be putting a hit out on me. ;-)

hooked, in addition to the Plants Database here at DG and the Google Image Search I gave you earlier in this thread, you can find many iris pics in the archives of the iris-photos mailing list. That search page can be found here:

http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/search.cgi

Happy hunting,

Laurie

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

laurie, he gave up about 2 yrs. ago, started buying gifts cards from the different gardenhouses i go to. he even drives 45 min. both ways and got one for me. belinda

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Laurie,
What does NOT intro mean? at this link above.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Belinda, WHEW! Guess I can take off the bullet-proof vest now. ;-)

hooked, that's just an example of how the search terms work in that search engine. You don't even need to use those terms. Just type in the name of the cultivar you're looking for, check both "case insensitive" and "whole word match", check the boxes for all years, and hit the "search now" button. Make sure you have the cultivar name spelled correctly.

Laurie

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Thanks Laurie!! I'm a looking!!!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Laurie--you are such a wonderful source. It's 50 degrees outside & I've got Spring fever. Ground is still hard, but the rest of the snow should melt away today...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.