iris locater

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

are you looking for a certain Iris you cant find ? why not post
your wants here .
and see if any one on Dave's has it or knows were to get it ?
I will star i am looking for TB. ( GHOST STORY )

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

What a good idea.. I will check my list, since I only have three kinds of iris, I am looking for a lot... lol...;)

There may be a IrIs fairy on daves we never Know ?

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

yup... those iris fairies are elusive... and even when you know.. you never know... (and if you think this one is bad, you should see some of my other blunders tonight... ask Moby and langbr, I have been on a roll tonight)

Let me remove foot from mouth and say i mean like Fairy godmothers who clunk you in head with wand and bring your prince charming or iris to you OK ?

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

oh, ok.. I misunderstood, but it is not your fault. I am medicated (grins broadly), so please overlook me tonight. I know there are several Fairy Godmothers at DG. I have been the lucky recipient of sase's and didn't you just send me some bulbs? (You sweetie).

YUP SHARE MEDINCE? IS IT NIGHT OUT OR LIGHTS OUTS

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

sure, i share! no night out... just some meds to help cough and headache... ;)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

tazzy... Though I would give you some help with Ghost Story; introduced by Joseph Ghio in 1975. The only place I have seen it offered is Riverview Iris Garden. (check Garden Watchdog) have heard that they somtimes send the wrong variety. This was my first year to order from them and I was relatively pleased with the rhizomes considering the low prices... Ghost Story is only $1.75. They were very friendly and included a couple of higher priced rhizomes for one they didn't have. I understand they are a mom and pop operation with the lowest prices anywhere, so I gave them a shot. Just remember... you usually get what you pay for. They have over 9,000 varieties, some of which you will not find anywhere else. The ones I received are growing very nicely; just won't know if they are true to variety until bloom time. A good way to find a particular iris is to use your search engine, or better yet log on to the American Iris Society web page and checkout the Commercial Links. www.irises.org

Good Luck, Dan

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Another option, Tazzy, is to email puttytat here at DG and see if she happens to have a piece of GHOST STORY to trade with you. Puttytat submitted the pic of GS in the Plants Database.

Laurie

Its older and had a clump for years . Did a lot of crosses with it ,DS was working on his car and pour something out and it killed it .

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Tazzy, what a great idea...............so is yours Dan.......................so is yours Laurie (concerning looking up the iris on the databse and seeing if they can get one to you). So many people have good ideas here! Dare I look at my wishlist? (big grin)

Go ahead you never know till you ask ?
# Ghost story
#Flying carpet
# Conjurations ( Bit dust )
# New Leaf
# Candy Cane cutie
these are ones ON my killed list from
last year both husband and i were in hospital ,
lot of Summer rain new herbicides, walla dead Iris !

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

I lost this thread... Ok, here is a partial list :

Boogie Woogie, Clarence, Immortality, Tennison Ridge, Rustler, Buckwheat,

I love all Iris ... To see one is to want one... LOL...

I will keep an eye out for your 'most wanted' list...

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

fsr333, I have Immortality to trade if it survives our winter.

Can let you know later in spring or e mail either way.
Have had it rebloom once for me since planting.

Maxine

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Thank You, Maxine. I would love to trade if I have something you want. Please email if you want to trade later.this spring. Starr

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

If you're interested in reblooming iris, but think you can't get them to rebloom in your cooler climate, then take a look at Nicholl's Iris gardens. In fact, (a bit embarressed to admit it) I made of list of the ones likely to rebloom here and looked for them at cheaper iris nurseries elsewhere.. I was able to pick up a few like that.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

I'm looking for Syncopation. Ordered it from Suttons last year and they ended up sub'ing with nothing like it at all. Was my first order with Sutton's and I don't think I'll order again from them. THey were 2 months late shipping my order and 1/2 my stuff was sub'd. No a happy gal. They did send a lot of extras though. Their communication was lousy....emailed several times and finally got a response that they'd shipped.

Box Springs, GA

This is a great idea:O)I'm looking for Aquamarine,Dusky Challenger,Cycles,and Joyce Terry:O)

Thanks!

brady
i got joyce terry.

langbr, mhelm has a picture of Syncopation on the Plants Files, maybe you can e-mail her and she will know where it can be located.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

wood -- thanks, it was her picture that got it on my Wish List. LOL

I already e-mailed her, hope you didn't too. LOL, she will think we're nuts.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

No I didn't. I might have asked her last year where she got it....can't remember.

I checked a lot of those listed and found most at Riverview Iris Gardens. However, there rating in the Garden Watchdog is only 58%. The only one I didn't find there was Aquamarine
Flying Carpet - $15
Conjurations - $3.75
New Leaf - $7
Candy Cane Cutie -$5
Boogie Woogie - $1.75
Clarence - $2.75
Immortality - $2.75
Tennison Ridge - $1.75
Rustler - $3.75
Buckwheat - $1.75
Dusky Challenger - $5.00
Cycles - $1.75
Joyce Terry - $3.75
Some of the other sellers have closed their website for the year. But I am certain that I have seen Clarence and Immortality and other sites because they are rebloomers and I am trying to specialize in them.

This message was edited Jan 25, 2005 7:31 PM

A good Little re -bloomer is IB>BOTTLED SUNSHINE ,I have extras ?

I'd love some tazzy, but many rebloomers will not rebloom in my cooler climate. We rarely get over 80 in the summer and rarely as low as the upper 50s at night (although the 60s are a lot more common). Let me check Bottled Sunshine at Nicholl's and I will get back to you...

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

T's Flowers & Things - carries Syncopation. I've never ordered from this business, so I can't give any personal feedback on it.
http://www.tsflowers.com/iris.html

Leotas Iris Gardens - also carries it.
http://www.leotas-iris.com/browse.php?id=S&start=120

I hopes this helps.
~Margie

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Margie. I do remember now that I found it at T's last year but they were sold out. Leota's is not one I knew about. Looks like they don't start taking orders until March 1st. Does anyone have comments on Leota's?

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Langbr, here is the link to view and read up on all the written reviews on ALL Iris Gardens.

http://davesgarden.com/gwd/advanced.php?category=15&submit=Go

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

does anyone know if there's going to be iris co-op? i have a long list, thanks to margiempv.

yes there will,Its just sellers wont bargain till after June

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Well, I'll tell you what...if no one else wants to do one I will, but I'm gonna need to have an iris "expert" make sure I'm getting us a good deal. My first place to try would be Iris City just because I know they've done coop's before (see GWD).

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

brenda, you always have great co-op's. i was on iris city website and saw a number of iris's that i would love to have. belinda

Is it iris city with all the drool Louisiana and Japanese IRIS ? i have done business with them there stuff is good .

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

They got a little bit of everything from what I could see. I'm looking at the Woodland site now....they've got a lot too.

Since I'm an iris novice I really could use some direction from folks on who are good iris suppliers. I don't have a hard time getting ahold of them and convincing them of what a great business move it is to do a coop with DG members. I am picky though. In that if I don't think it's a good price they are offering I'll go elsewhere. I mean DG members spend several thousand dollars in any plant coop and the company gets exposure to at least 50 potential future customers and they get to make a single shipment and deal with only one person.

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

yes it is. they have new intro. called iced cocktail that's beautiful!! and really like let freedom ring.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Tazzy, could I work out a trade for a 'Bottled Sunshine" ?

Brenda, That would be great! I do not know a thing about iris, but I would help if there was something I could do.

Woodspirit and Margie, Thank you for the info and the links.. :)

Hello daylily970 and Maxine...

Nice to meet you brandnewgirl...

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

hi fsr333!!!!!!

Box Springs, GA

Hello,fsr333!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.