What do you look like? ( Second Edition )

It sure did! I am so delighted to "see" you after all this time in trading and correspondence, Birgit.

Joseph

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

Hi Zoomer!

You can have some of it if you wish, it
stays in a bun most of the time.
I recently trimmed it back, as it was at 60",
not condusive to gardening. LOL

Ripley, MS

This is my first try at posting a picture, so nobody laugh, at me or my pc skills--lol
Sandra

Thumbnail by slcdms
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

sixty inches, Wuvie?? I'm only 6 inches taller than your hair was! By most standards, zoomer & I have long hair (hers looks about waist length too), but you make me realize I have no concept of what long hair really is! LOL

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Sandra
You are gorgeouse ...I always read your threads. Thanks for the photo.
Kaleem

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

Long time no see gumlla!

Gratiot, WI(Zone 5b)

Hello Everyone:

I'm fairly new to Dave's Garden and just wanted to join in on the photos. This was me last spring after a day of planting. Anyone interested in the flowering tree behind me, it's a Radiant Flowering Crabapple. They put on a nice show but probably best if kept away from sidewalks and house as they can be somewhat messy. But definately worth the show.

Thumbnail by richteaz
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Welcome to Daves, Richard! Hope you enjoy it here. Your tree is wonderful, I love the color.
Donna

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Nice meeting you, Sandra and Rich!
Terrie

Gumlla is here.

Thumbnail by gumlla
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Kaleem!

Hello
Actually I started a new job so very busy there. Hydle power station.Here is a photo.

Thumbnail by gumlla
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

That is beautiful! What do you do there?

Ripley, MS

Thank you Gumlla, your photo is very nice also. I haven't posted alot through the winter, but I am going to do better. How is the weather there now?
Thanks for the welcome Terrie.
Sandra

trunnels
I am control room engineer, my duty is to start and stop the Turbines/Generators and all the trouble shooting related with machines.

Sandra
Weather is cold now , minimum temperature is 32 F and max. 45 F. Thanks for the comments.

Kaleem

Thumbnail by gumlla
Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Congratulations for your new job, Kaleem!!!! Can you please tell me your current temperatures in Celsius degrees?

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Isn't that interesting. I would have never guessed Pakistan ever got cold. It's about the same temperature as it is here right now. Who knew? Love that photo, Kaleem.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Oh, silly, silly Gumlla - that sounds pretty warm to me right now! It was -3F when I left the house this morning. It is supposed to get down to -12F tonight! I am thinking it will be VERY cold in NYC tonight. All of those tall buildings create wind tunnels.

Your power station looks very impressive. It sounds like alot of responsibility! Congratulations on the new job!

And how are the kitties?

Ursula
Minimum Zero Celsius and maximum Ten Celsius.

Ursula
OldFlowerGirl
Sequee
Thank you. My kitties are fine they are big now. Very naughty. One thing more they are thr great enemy of my plants ...same like Kim my blood pressure is also high some times when they destroy my plants. But I can't do any thing.

kaleem

Thumbnail by gumlla
Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Kaleem, there is something you can do about your kitties: just love them! (a bit more than plants, LOL)

This message was edited Jan 25, 2005 7:55 PM

Ripley, MS

I would have thought it would be more a summertime year round there too, I can't seem to remember much of my geography anyway, I do good to remember my name some days--lol
Sandra

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

Lol Kaleem, did you read about Kim's latest mishap with kittens, kids and plants, over in seed trading?

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

Kaleem....try giving them their "own" plant.....my cat leaves my plants alone as long as I grow "kitty grass" in a pot next to the window for her. She does the mowing herself! And the best thing is that she KNOWS it's her very own plant....even gets between me and the pot when I try to water it for her. Kitty grass can be purchased at garden centers, online, or if you're lazy like me, just get a box of Perennial Rye grass seed and make a pot for her every now and then. One note....use a low, wide and heavy pot or they will tip it over when they "mow". Oh, and keep them away from it long enough for the grass to esetablish decent roots or they will just pull the blades right out of the soil. Good luck! K

Edited...you're right Capt...sorry about the rabbit trail everyone!....I should have probably private emailed that, but felt maybe it would be helpful to others. :~)

This message was edited Jan 22, 2005 10:17 AM

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

That's so cute that she guards it!

Really off topic here, but do they have pet grasses for pups?

Micha

Oh no.......I missed that thread. What happened there? both are fine I mean plants and Kim.........

Kachinagirl

Thanks for the sugestions, my big size pots are already their rest rooms....will you believe those pots are best for their sun bath.

Kaleem

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Oh, great kachinagirl...now you tell me! "Oh, and keep them away from it long enough for the grass to esetablish decent roots or they will just pull the blades right out of the soil." LOL! My babies have been ripping it out by the roots...oh, well! At least it's been keeping them out of the other plants! Ha, ha!

Capt - my PekeBoo will chew on it when it's established, but it's been hard for me to get it along that far with 3 kitties munching away on it.

Yes, Bill - still off topic. But can you tell we're enjoying your thread??? ~:-)))

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

Oops, sorry Sequee! I asked DH to bring home a hunk of sod (he's a project manager for a landscape co). I'm going to put a piece of sod in the pot and see if that works....at least it would be evergreen, where the perennial rye poops out after a while.

As far as grass for dogs, Capt, I don't know. I always thought dogs ate grass to induce vomiting when they felt yucky. I was told dogs are carnivores, and cats are omnivores...and actually eat veggies like we do. ??? I guess we'll have to ask our vets!

Yup...still rabbit-trailing! Sorry Bill! We'll get back on track~ :~D
(maybe we should start a cat grass thread...so many of us have cats)

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Ok...just one more thing, then I'll shut up. I asked my vet why my dog eats grass and he told me, "Probably because he likes it!" Gotta love that guy!

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

Our vet kissses out pets when we take them in....too cute!

Sequee
Bill will kill us.............lol ~ lol ~ lol

kaleem

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I guess we need to find more photos! I know I took some over Thanksgiving, but I can't find them!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Bringing up this thread again. Here is the most recent picture of me with my DH in Mexico last week.

This message was edited Feb 3, 2005 11:33 AM

Thumbnail by trunnels
Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

VERY handsome couple!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks! Glad hubby was the goofy one with the hat. (grins)

Is this Maxican hat? You both are looking gorgeous.

Kaleem

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Why thank you, Kaleem. (blushing here)
Yes, that is a Mexican hat. He didn't want to put it on but the photographer insisted. LOL
Terrie

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

You two make a great looking couple!!!

Next time you'll have to invite all of us along!!

Judy

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Judy! What a hoot that would be! Can you imagine all of us coming back through customs at the same time? Our bags would probably all be loaded down with seeds of some of those rare tropicals. (grins)

ha ha ha ha

Valdosta, GA(Zone 8a)

Cool. I'm having a darn good time on DG.
Sherry

Thumbnail by hamp2468

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.