***Snow!***

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

I won't be buying my drean house just yet, maybe next lotto....

Campbell River, BC(Zone 8a)

Ditto Linda. Thanks Pam.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Sorry Blooms for such a late reply...I'll do that! ;) Sounds like you know our weather very well ..... where did you live before that was so cold?

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Just got this one and had to post it....any blondes here please forgive me! ;)

Subject: Blondes & Snow

One winter morning while listening to the radio, they hear the announcer say, "We are going to have 8 to 10 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the even numbered side of the street, so the snowplow can get through."

Norman's wife goes out and moves her car.

A week later while they are eating breakfast, the radio announcer says, "We are expecting 10 to 12 inches of snow today. " You must park your car on the odd numbered side of the street, so the snowplow can get through."

Norman's wife goes out and moves her car again.

The next week they are having breakfast again, when the radio Announcer says, "We are expecting 12 to 14 inches of snow today. You must park........." then the electric power goes out. Norman's wife is very upset, and with a worried look on her face she says, "Honey, I don't know what to do. Which side of the street do I need to park on so the plow can get through?"

With the love and understanding in his voice like all of us men who are married to Blondes exhibit, Norman says, "Why don't you just leave it in the garage this time?"

That's a good one. I needed a laugh.

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

LOLOL

Are you sure that's politically correct enough Pam? Thanks for another chuckle.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I hope so echoes! ;) And since it is the season here's one more......

Gotta love us blondes, LOL..

There were two blondes who went deep into the woods searching for a Christmas tree.
After hours of subzero temperatures and a few close calls with hungry wolves, one blonde turned to the other and said, "I'm chopping down the next tree I see. I don't care whether it's decorated or not!"

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

I lived in Old Forge, New York; in the 'Heart of the Adirondacks'. Also in the path of the coldest air that ever crossed the lakes into NY and also the path of some of the biggest snows. Not as much nor as often probably as Buffalo. LOL

For years we had a week or two where nite time temps dropped to 30-40 below and during that period it was a warm day when it got up to zero. Now I ran away from that years ago and am told that those radical temps don't occur with the regularity they did nearly 30 yrs ago.

Meantime my blood has thinned and I could never face those temps again. But like I said, a pile of books is defense against any disaster. heehee

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

The first time I heard that joke with the cars, it was a man moving the car and his wife being patient with him. I laughed, and then remember thinking at the time....would it have been funny if it had been reversed? The funny part is moving the cars....wish we could tell it without identifying anyone in particular! :-) There's gotta be a way.

I'm still looking for a word to fill in the blank on this joke - originally heard it with a Newfie used as the designated group-to-poke-fun-at:

Q: Why did the ______ get fired from the M&M factory?
A: Because he kept throwing out all the "W"s :-)

Blooms, I like your way of thinking! My mom & her DH's house is literally insulated with books on the inside walls. My books have always been organized completely randomly, more or less in the groups in which they were bought. For the last couple of years I've been mulling over organizing them by subject matter....I like the organic way they've come together, but I can't find anything! :-) So I recently took the plunge and put all my gardening books in one spot, and all my books about the north in one spot. So far I like it - had had no idea how many of each topic I actually had.

A good project for bad weather days :-)

Shannon

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Shannon, ROFLOL!! Cute joke! Let's see, in Edmonton, we always used Ukrainians, Newfies are picked on a lot by everyone too, can't used Santa, 'cause that just about seems sacrilegious this time of year...hmmm...how about just "the dumb guy"? Although then we are picking on gender... could use Mouse, but I think we've pretty well raked them over the coals to extinction (we wish). Well Blonde is, I agree, overdone, why not "the Redhead"? I dunno...I think I give up!

Good luck with your book organizing. Sounds like you are off to a good start. :D

Thumbnail by OldFlowerGirl
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Shannon, this summer my son attached four 8-ft shelves to the wall in my hall. I filled them with my paperback collection of science fiction. that's 32feet of excellent escape fiction.

It meant that the shelves on the one wall in the family room are at last only one book deep. Well, mostly. I mean there are books everywhere. I have one bookcase just for garden books in the den and keep the ones I'm really using stacked in the living room. LOL ~Blooms

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Sounds like an excellent collection, Blooms! Must be good to get those books in the family room exposed again...I hate it when I can't see them.

I love my books. I refuse to part with any of them so I have a fair number. A couple of years ago I told my parents that if they either bought a bigger house or added on, I would move in with them. They're getting quite elderly...my dad is going to be 90 next year and my mom 80. It was getting difficult for them to manage on their own. I'm on my own anyway and I was constantly having to go down to their house to do this and that. Naturally they jumped at the chance and added on a nice big room and bathroom. I got what I always wanted...one whole wall of built-in bookshelves and some cupboards at the bottom. Also got a built-in computer table at one end. I have accumulated a lot of junk so I needed lots of storage space. I have my bed and a love seat and TV/stereo system in the room so it's great. I love having my books out where I can find what I'm looking for easily.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Sounds like a great set-up! :-) It is good, having your own personal library, and whatever strikes your fancy, you can go to your own shelves and read up on it.

In the early '90s I went from Ottawa to Edmonton for a temporary contract, and had to leave the vast majority of my books in storage in Ottawa....It was a great day when the contract became permanent and I got to move all my stuff to Edmonton, & unpack the books! I saw ones I'd forgotten I had, and it was like they were all new again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.