***Snow!***

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

I heard you were getting some snow in "your neck of the woods" today. Enjoy while it lasts, Christine!

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Yesterday, I was visiting and shopping with a friend in White Rock............most Southerly West part of BC and Canada..........thought for sure, snow.............instead, a small hailstorm. They call this part, the Banana Belt! your photo, Pam, could be a Christmas card........cheers, .......E

Pickering, ON(Zone 5b)

He got a more like 5 cm of snow this morning....It took me 1 hour and 35 minutes to make a trip that normally takes 20 minutes....NOT FUN... now the weather man is saying that it will turn to freezing rain before turning to rain later this evening. Oh dear and I have to go out again this evening....I guess we had better get use to it....

I was sitting in my car waiting for the traffic to move, I looked up and noticed a very large Canadian Falg blowing in the windy and snow..on the radio was the news about the explosion at the American Embassy somewhere in the middle east and about the blomb exploding in spain... At that moment I once again realized that it is a honnor and a pleasure to be a Canadian.( I arrived in Canada in 1975 ) and that we should all give thanks that we live in such a forgiving country....

Anna

Thumbnail by Annetta_S

Anna, you're absolutely right, we should all be grateful. This is a forgiving country, I never looked at it that way before. Thanks. But the freezing rain to come sure doesn't make me very happy ... lol.

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

well said Anna, I totaly agree.

Linda in Victoria

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

where was your previous home anna?

Pickering, ON(Zone 5b)

I was born in England but my heritage is Italian...My Husband was born in Austria with Danish Heritage..... Our home is in Pickering Ontario... Both of our daughters were born in Canada.
When we came to Canada in 1975 we had planned to stay of only two years but we found Canada to be a great place to live and to raise children so we stayed and we will never make our home in any other country. We have returned to Europe many time and we are always happy to get back home to Canada.

Anna

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Awww... you're making me misty-eyed.

Thumbnail by OldFlowerGirl
Campbell River, BC(Zone 8a)

Well....false alarm on the snow. There were a few flakes falling this morning but it turned to rain. Now they're saying we'll get it tonight instead.

My mom's a war bride from Wales. After my older brother and sister were born my mom decided she wanted to go back because she missed home so much. She went back first with the kids and my dad was supposed to finish selling everything up then follow them. However, once mom was back in Wales she realized how much she loved Canada and wanted to return. I don't think she's ever regretted her decision.

Sandy

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

The other house across the street

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Kitty Corner......another favorite of mine. :)

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Across and up the block

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

All lovely heritage homes, aren't they?

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Two houses beside us...

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

They are Donna. :) Will have to go around town and catch some of the other beauties....one house had a ballroom on the second floor. Also have a number of the wedding cake houses that the owners are slowly bringing back to their glory. :)

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Oh Pam, they're beautiful! Kitty Corner....wonder if they have kitties living there... :-) Where's your house, Pam? Or, did you already post it ages ago & I missed it being such a newbie?...lol

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

In the Catskills of New York where I grew up, houses like this were found at the heart of every small town. AT this point I don't think I want to add stairs to my life, so I'll just luv 'em from here. We had some wonderful ones with towered corners and I always wanted the top room. LOL
Enjoying the tour, ~Blooms

The houses are lovely, reminds me of growing up in Saint John NB. Lots of old heritage homes there.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Here's our old girl. The snows covering her ugly old shingles. If you have any suggestions for a new color on the porch I'd be happy to hear about it. ;)

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Hmmm....this is weird. When I click on the picture, it just turns blue - no enlargement. Same with all the other pictures on this thread. (....cue Twilight Zone music...)

Okay, maybe this is a hint that I should be working on my Landscape Graphics project....and not DG-ing.....naah!

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Hey, Pam, do you have the sunporch loaded down with tropicals????????//// lovely home, you have!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Thank you Elaine.....yes come decent weather it's a great place for them but not right now. ;)

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Could I day dream the attic room is mine and line the walls with books and put a daybed under the windows? TNX

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Ohh, I love your home, Pam. It's gorgeous! You are a luck gal.

I like Blooms' idea. That's my dream of a perfect hideway bedroom, too.

:D

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

LOL well Blooms/Donna you will have a *bit* of a fight with my son....he just emptied/cleaned that floor and has been scrapping paint off the ceiling. He wants it to be his bedroom....but I'm sure we could work something out in 2 years! ;) How do you feel about winters where temps, on average, hit -30F to -40F for a couple of months?

This message was edited Dec 7, 2004 10:33 PM

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Been there, done that ! Movin' on. May have to stick with the bedroom I have now. LOL :)

Lovely old homes. I'd love a house like yours Pam. Reminds me of a couple of the places I lived in when I was going to University in Victoria. One was on Joan Crescent across from Craigdarroch Castle. Those of you who are going to the RU should check out the castle if you've never seen it...it's pretty neat. I always thought it would be wonderful to have one of the old heritage houses in Victoria. Whenever I'd say that to my parents they'd always go on about how much it would cost to fix it up. They don't have to worry. I'll never have the million or more it would cost to buy one these days.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Finally got the picture enlarged....what a gorgeous house, Pam! Definitely one of my dream houses. Blooms and Donna, I like the way you think... a nice room away from the madding crowd and lined with books is my idea of a perfect retreat as well. As long as I have access to a cat, of course.

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Of course...LOL

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

What beautiful houses, and stories to go along with them.

Nightowl2, tonight when I win the $16M in the 6/49, we'll talk.... LOLOLOL

I can always dream. I already have my house picked out. Of course, I'd have to add a GH...
http://www.mls.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx?vd=&SearchURL=%3fMode%3d0%26Page%3d1%26vs%3d1%26rlt%3d%26cp%3d%26pt%3d20%26mp%3d1000000-0-0%26mrt%3d-1-0-0%26Beds%3d0-0%26Baths%3d0-0%26f%3d4%26ft%3dall%26o%3dA%26of%3d1%26ps%3d10%26aid%3d761%26MapURL%3d%253fAreaID%253d752&Mode=0&PropertyID=2797681

This message was edited Dec 8, 2004 7:13 AM

I like your dream house Linda; yes, all it needs is a GH ... and a maid .... I was gonna say 'and a gardener', but that would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it....lol. /c

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Yep, that's some house! And you could still have another gardener on call, to do anything you didn't feel like doing at the time...lol

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Going out now to buy my lottery ticket Linda! :)

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Tho with my luck with the lottery tickets this is more likely! ;)

When it's springtime in Saskatchewan,
And the gentle breezes blow
About seventy miles an hour
And it's fifty-two below.
You can tell you're in Saskatchewan
'cause the snow's up to your butt
And you take a breath of springtime air
And your nose holes both freeze shut.
The weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Saskatchewan
My feet are frozen to the ground!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

:-D

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

LOL. I have seen that one before, but they change the name of the place sometimes.

Linda...you dreamer you...:D

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

My luck with lotto tix hasn't been very good either, but I figure I can't win without a ticket. I think I'd have to get a gardener., just to do the heavy stuff.

If I win, You're all invited for a house party, expenses on me! LOL Yes, i can always dream...

Pam your home, and area is lovely. I can understnd now why you wouldn't want to fix the top roof and gutters yourselves. That's a long way down!

Linda

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Pam, I've lived with winters that went that cold = it's wyh I moved to the desert. Was disappointed to find it does freeze here. BUT it never goes to 40 below. I have two spots on my cheekbones to show what walking two blocks in those temps will do to exposed flesh.

However, with enough books one never has to go out when it gets that cold. Keep me on the list. LOL

Okay Linda, it's a deal. Great house and on 1.9 acres...what a garden you could have, with paths and a big GH, of couse. I've got a ticket too so that gives us 2 chances. However, with the kind of luck I have I don't know why I bother. Oh well, like you say, you definitely don't have a chance if you don't buy a ticket. I can dream. I'm always fantasizing about what all I'd buy if I ever won a few mill.

I love the poem Pam. Is it alright if I send a copy to my sister? She'd get a kick out of it....if her foot isn't frozen to the ground that is. Wait a minute, I guess you don't kick yourself when you're getting a kick out of something or do you? I must be tired.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Help yourself nightowl......I copied and pasted it from elsewhere too! ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.