Beautiful, Delicate Morning Glorys Cont. #4

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Well the other thread was getting too long so I guess we need to continue it again to another. I thought I would start this one off with the newest member that has seemed to really cause a stir. Here is Fuji Shibori Wisteria Tie-Dyed. I hope everyone likes it as much as I do .

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

And this is another that has begain to bloom it's little head off but has to be in the shade. This is Joyce Cobb. It is setting seed like crazy to, I checked on them this morining and it is loaded with seed pods, I will hopefully get as much from it as I did from my Milky Way and that was half a zip lock sandwich bag full. ..........I will try and get a better photo of it tomorrow it is not showing all the color is has in this picture. This is really a pretty little Morning Glory and was one of my favorite blues until it proved it could not take any sun at all......... oh well win some lose some.....
:o)
Dee

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

they are all just beautiful!!! This was shared with me from Busybee, and it was labeled: Akatsuki Murasaki, don't you just love it!!! I do, it is HUGE, like 5-6 inches across the face!!

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I love that first one!!!!

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

Your killing me Laurrie!!!!!!! I LOVE that one! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Laurrie that one is "To Die For" I'll let Pam go first........LOL
;o)
Dee

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

LOL you all are soo funny!! See that is what I thought on your Fuji-Shibouri-wisteria-tie dye, geesh say that 3 times fast!!! LOLOLOLOL Looks like we will all be doing some swapping later when seeds ripen huh?
This one below belongs to the "Sunsmile Mix" lovely and just as large as Murasaki above!

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Yup, I'm here, lurking. Got very worn out from the Luau and behind in my work. Just paid bills and they will go out in today's mail. Can't play when the bills aren't paid.

My info is in a word document. My friend from Japan sent me the characters with English beside it. Just can't post it here. I will send the document to anyone who wants it and after the first of the year will also send you the new list.

She translates everything for me. It takes some work as you must imagine. It would be like one of you reading the Textbook of Medicine with all those big strange words and then try to translate it into another language. She is learning as she goes.

Have been taking pictures here but have had no time to post them as well as the pictures and recipes for the Luau. At the rate I am moving it may have to wait until winter.

Used to jump in and identify whenever I could but haven't even had time for that.

Imagine everyone 's pronouncing these differently and probably incorrectly and my patient from CA is working on teaching us to pronounce them correctly.

Just like pronouncing flower names here. I read the names, think them.
Brug as in rug. Then you go to a round up and everyone else is pronouncing it Broog. I call Shirley Bruggy as in ruggy and everyone else calls her Broooogy. LOL

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

If you receive the document and don't see the characters properly, I'm sure GardenWife will be able to tell you how to put your Office install disc in and fix it.

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Sounds good Arlene, I am looking forward to seeing all your pictures and getting the names. I would certianly be intrested in making sure we have them correctly spelled, not to worried about pronouncing (no one can here me anyway) LOL.....and some of these name I wouldn't have a prayer of pronouncing them if my life depended on it.....LOL
Anyway so glad to here from you and to know you are out there and popping in from time to time....
Dee

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

OK here we go, this was sold to me as BLUE SILK, while I truly love this bloom :) It doesn't appear to me to be totally a blue silk, it is more on the lavender side and somedays more pink???? Any clues, this is ONE vine, so I know they are all coming from that vine?

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Laurri, love, love, love those 2 pictures of yours. My Blue Silk didn't germinate, but I have grown it in the past and it was light sky blue.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Here is another one, buyer beware, Blue Silk from ebay: 24Gordon24, these are NOT blue silk LOL go figure!!

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Augusta, WV(Zone 5b)

You all make me want to show off my favorites too! This is a cross of some sort, but probably started out as blue silk (Ipomoea nil) You all have some very unique flowers that make me envious. It's fun to view all the pretty photos in this post. I just love the morning glories......and some people call them weeds :-)

Thumbnail by mountainmeadowseeds
Augusta, WV(Zone 5b)

Here's another from my collection taken some years ago, but still on my favorite list. Note the reverse colors not often found

Thumbnail by mountainmeadowseeds
Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful! I like that second "Blue Silk" very much (hint, hint)...lol. I have seen these varieties before - she must have gotten her seeds mixed up. For shame tho cause those blue silks went for a hefty price over there....however I do think you came out ahead given these 2 beauts you did get so far - did you grow all of them out? If you did I am very interested to see what all you get. Not to worry, I will always have Blue Silks for you :)

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

MMS, you have some very beautiful MG's! I really like that first pink one, very unique. Maybe its a cross between blue silk and mt fuji?...anyways it is interestingly beautiful....is that second one "andersonii"(sp)?

Augusta, WV(Zone 5b)

I think you are right Moonlighting, the cross of the two is pretty clear. It was a volunteer that grew with our clematis last year. Never did get seeds from it, but probably wouldn't have come back true anyway. The bottom photo was a seed from a Burpee sunrise mix we bought in a packet. The assortment of flowers we derived from that batch was spectacular and have yet to have such results since then, boo-hoo Thanks for the compliments, everyone's photos here are gorgeous to say the least.
mmseeds

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh,Oh, Oh, I have died and gone to heaven, those are some of the prettiest yet. Any idea of names?

Arlene are you out there? Do any of these look like some we may be able to get, just so we can come up with a name?

Sure hope so or I guess we are gonna have to come up with some names in the mean time.......
Dee

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

LOL well I think I will call mine Lavender Blue Silk tee hee, it sure is a pretty lavenderish blue

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Here is another I just adore, it is Akatsuki no Mai "Twilight Dance"

This message was edited Aug 29, 2004 7:56 PM

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

Another beauty Laurrie! What be the name?

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

This message was edited Aug 29, 2004 7:56 PM

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

Laurrie, are all the flowers that color on "Twilight Dance"?

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

I went back and double checked all my seed tags outside and yes that one above IS no Mai, I have 2 pots growing from different sources, and they are different will post photo below. sorry about the editing here, but want to label them all correctly!

This message was edited Aug 29, 2004 7:59 PM

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

Because "Twilight Dance" is supposed to be predominately white, this is why I asked. All these streaked ones are gonna be a real pain if we get some that are unID'd - say like out of the sun mix....know what I mean? I say because of they way the all throw off the colors on the blooms.

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Laurrie that twilight dance is definitely a keeper!!!! Mountainmeadowseeds, if you happen to have any seeds for that lavendar and white one I would love to see if I have anything that would interest you for a trade! I really like that one.
Alice

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Here for reference is Hanahubuki "Petal Storm" as I was given them, but looking back over previous posts, I am wondering if my sources could have messed up the ID when I got them.

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

I say this, only because, My Hanahubuki looks like TwinLakesChef's photo of Akatsuki no Mai!!! and also a photo I seen of the no Mai sure looks like my Hanahubuki!!! did any of this make sense LOL

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

OhioBreezy: Yes, beware of 24gordon24. He bought his original stock of Blue Silk seeds from me a few years back. He grew them, collected seed and started to sell them at ebay too. He also stole one of my photos and put his name/copyright on it when I told him he couldn't use it for his ebay ads. Geesh!

Upon rare occasions I have had Blue Silk appear more on the pink side but I have attributed it to influences of drastic weather conditions/changes (usually cooler than normal temperatures).

Hope this helps!
Sandy

Thumbnail by Seedsower
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Sandy! Yes I do remember seeing a thread about that sometime in the past about your photo!! I know it is NOT blue silk but I do think it is pretty. Your photo is gorgeous! That picture is what inspired me to grow them myself. Only I didn't get to see the pretty bloom like yours LOL maybe next time round. (Do you also still sell Blue Silk? If so perhaps I can purchase from you next time!!!) I also tend to agree with weather playing a factor in the coloring of blooms.

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

I have to agree seedsower those are gorgeous!!!!!!
Do you have a store here on daves???? or do you sell on ebay?????

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

moonlighting, I got "twilight Dance" from the first co-op that Sandra had and all of the blooms had either white streaks, white speckels or large sections of the flower was white.The dominate color of mine was fuchsia. No two were alike.

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Seedsower that blue is just the "Catsmeowwww" Very pretty. It looks lighter in the middle and at the edges....is it really like that or is that just camera angle?
Really a nice one..... :o)
Dee

Augusta, WV(Zone 5b)

aknapp - I have many seeds of the I. nil variety, but I couldn't gaurantee they'd ever look like that one again. I'd still be happy to trade with you if you'd like some seeds to try? Send me an email and your trade items, we can work something out :-)
Thanks,
Dennis

Mesilla Park, NM

Laurrie those are breathtaking..

Haven't post much here due to this heat we have here.. If I am not out there at a certain time they start to wilt. This is a light pink double feathered something.. lol. this is the best photo I got, will try again.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

This is from the Co-op 2004, Heian no Izumi and I almost missed it. Waiting for more blooms, the weather here has been in the low 100's but it is still rough on these guys.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

I totally missed out on some of the Akatsuki no Umi (sea) blooms, there were four open and my sprinklers got them.. will try to get a photo of them this week. Lots of buds on it.

This one is Rose Silk, same plant just a different version of the bloom.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Here's Chocolate again.. it sure does look nice.

Some seed pods are starting to form, so now I will keep closer track on these babies.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Can one of you out there take some pictures of the seed pods on your MG vines and post them for Monterey. He can't find them on his vines. I can't take any right now my battries are being charged............
Thanks a bunch.........
Dee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.