Odd Containers...

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Janet!

That sedum must have grown a foot in the past 2 days! Sure looks big in that picture. I love that. I find that specific sedum is quite prolific and very sturdy. I got that in the last "Amber" shipment I got in and couldn't decide what to do with it. I already have some in 3 different places in the yard and it loves every one of them.

It looks great as a hanging plant.

:^)))
Molly

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Molly I swear you read minds, I have one of these already in a pot but wanted another one. I didnt want to move the other one it looked so cool hanging over the sides of its pot. This bunny was a spur of the moment just like I said. LOL

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

See how much the creativity flows when you jus let it?? Dcat, I just love yer little bunny container!

Ddiva....well...? I think we're all still waitin to be astounded and amazed. You've had a couple days now. ;~)

TC...

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

I LOVE this site and can hardly wait for new posts!

This message was edited Jul 29, 2004 5:52 PM

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

Dravencat, what kind of Sedum is that, it sure looks great in that container!!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

My kids always groan and say: "mom, you think of everything as a flower pot!" and you know, they're right. I thoroughly enjoyed this thread!! I have been to Longue vue in the past and you're right, the potty planters are definitely not their usual style. Now I can go and see what I can use tomorrow for planting up! thanks folks!

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/1893/

heres the info, its a great little plant.

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

Dravencat, thanks for the link, looks very much like mine, except it get white flowers, so pretty

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

Let's all continue the fun here: http://davesgarden.com/t/447669/

TC...

East Greenbush, NY

Just returned from the $1.00 Store and had a ball choosing containers with holes such as a colander, a metal boat shaped wire basket with handle , 3 -3" high square wire baskets (black) with two heart shaped handles, an oval white plastic utility basket, approx. 11 x 16 x 41/2 inches high, two huge plastic bowls, they look like, about 16" wide and about 6-8" high. also bought waffle weave place matts to use inside some of them (easy to cut to fit container). all in all, 14 items, $14.00. I plan to line them with dampened spagnum moss (I know that's the wrong spelling) and then the potting soil. Right? Thanks for any and all advice. jeani4

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

Sounds like you're gonna have a lot of fun potting up a bunch of stuff jeani4. If you can, take a few photos.
Lining them with sphagnum moss should work good.

TC

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Sounds like a great project, Jeani! If your containers are mesh or have big holes, keep in mind that they will dry out quickly in hot summers.... keep us posted!

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

Hey Wgreens, ever heard of Tok, Alaska? My niece lives there.

TC

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Yes, Tok is a lovely spot! I've been there before, but many years ago when I was on my way to Seward via the Alaska Highway. She ought to be able to do some great gardening there. It gets hotter in interior Alaska in the summer.

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

I don't think my niece has time for gardening right now, she has her hands full with two young-uns, one still in diapers. They've not lived there long enough to start a garden yet. But I've been reminding her to be on the lookout for future flower beds.

TC...

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Alaska is a great place for container gardening too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.