What's New in Blooming #4

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Chamonix

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Fond Hope

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Is that your first bloom on Higher Ambition? Is the color as it pretty much is in your garden? How long have you had it?
LOL I sound like I'm fishing for a trade don't I? I'm not, really, I think you have everything I do, I'm just FULL of questions tonight.

Melissa

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Unknown

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Higher Ambition is a club plant I've only had since spring. The first scape shriveled up shortly after I got the plant. The first bloom or two opened while we were in St Louis, so this is the first one I've seen. I'm hoping later blooms will have a bit more white on the edge as it seems to have on the cover of Eureka.

Is the color in the photo fairly accurate? You guys with your club photos are killin me! Our show is Saturday, my husband has to work and my 7 year old has a tournament! UGGGGGGG

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

I'd say it is fairly accurate, but I'm slightly color blind, so what do I know. It is a busy weekend coming up. We're having a personal show that we have every year for some close friends on Friday. Then a good friend who has a display garden is having open house on Saturday. Our Maryland club is having its show on Sunday. The only problem is that the daylilies are somewhat early this year, and we usually have these events a week earlier, so guess the later varieties will get a chance to shine this year.

Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

Lovely Ladybug

Thumbnail by Alyssum

Coral Masterpiece

This message was edited Jul 7, 2004 1:54 PM

Thumbnail by Alyssum

Whimsical

Thumbnail by Alyssum

Vintage Wine

Thumbnail by Alyssum

Alan Reux

Thumbnail by Alyssum

Baby Tiger Paws

Thumbnail by Alyssum

Custard Candy

Thumbnail by Alyssum

Layers of Gold

Thumbnail by Alyssum

Lynn Hall

Thumbnail by Alyssum

Mango Time

Thumbnail by Alyssum

Roses in Snow

Thumbnail by Alyssum

Ruffles Elegante

Thumbnail by Alyssum

Venitian Baroque

Thumbnail by Alyssum
Heber Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

Alyssum--- I just love that peach (lost tag) one and the Baby Tiger Paws--- I have got to find that one--- School mascot was a tiger.!!! You have some beautiful blooms--- Marie

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Court Magician opening up. This was one of my treasures from the MARU from Dotnmd and the very first DL I put on my want list, its like she had read my mind.

Thumbnail by Dravencat
Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Dragon Lore

Thumbnail by Dravencat
Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Fruit Surprise

Thumbnail by Dravencat
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

DCat---that's a pretty one!! (love the lantana too!). I'm looking for one on my wish list called Fruit Loops. I love the apricot/coral ones alot.

H.B. the Baby Tiger Paws was given to me by a generous DG'er.

I participated in a DG co-op last year and I got 5 daylilies mailed to me without tags by mistake. The peach one was one of the 5. I had planned to compare it to the seller's website -- but the website no longer exists. So I will have to look into a couple other avenues. I also might post it for ID here on Dave's.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks langbr, I like the corals and melons too but really into purple for some reason right now. The lantana was from yardbird and I also got a bunch of seeds from another DGer that Im having some fun with. I love the way those little flowers change colors and I have a bunch of seed pods already too.
Im still looking for Betty Jo, its a simple yellow but was my grandma's name so I want it. I found it at marietta gardens and the price was good but they wanted more for s+h than they did for the fans. Go figure.

I did a little research and found out my peach one is called "Coral Masterpiece" -- I edited the name above.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Dravencat, here's my Dragon Lore, the one you sent me in the secret trade. I love it. The dark reds and purples are my current favorites too. Sorry I notice the picture is a little out of focus.

This message was edited Jul 7, 2004 3:48 PM

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

"WHEW" Im so glad you like it gingerjar, this is one of my favorites right now too, its such a looker. Dont worry about the focus as long as I can see it,LOL, besides I cant believe all the pics I have that have parts of my feet in them.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Speaking of feet in pictures, what a contrast to the beauty of App's Bridgeton Grace!

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Also among yesterday's blooms was Petit's Creme de le Creme.
I'm not sure I have the spelling exactly correct.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Dark Eyed Magic

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Enjoy

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Rhubarb Truffle. How can you not like this, Melissa?

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Savannah Debutant. Or this?

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Paige's Pinata. What a monster this was yesterday!

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Spacecoast Citrus Kick

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Ohhh like that SP. CITRUS KICK, am drawn to the corals lately, may have to get that one!

I'm sorry Gingerjar, I just don't like the doubles... I was tickled "pink" when my Siloam Double Classic wasn't much of a double this year! They just don't appeal to me at all. I don't know why...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.