What's New in Blooming #4

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I have been waiting over 6 weeks for George. The person I purchased it from said his dog ate the tags and he had to wait for it to bloom before he could ship it to me. Then I got an email last week telling me had ordered it from Maryotts so that he could ship it to me asap. I'm still waiting.

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Dusty Splash-- not a gold edge, but still pretty

Thumbnail by Melissa_Ohio

Jungle Coral

Matt

Wow... I got mine from Rick Yost. Although I love Bill Maryott's flowers too!

Catherine Neal

Last one for a while.

Louis XVI

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I like the pinched sepals on Dusty Splash.

Heber Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh Melissa--- I have got pen and paper!!!! Keep bringing on the pics....hahahaha You have some lovely ones. Will you be so busy during finals you wouldn't notice me digging in your garden---hahaha Marie

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Only a few new ones today 7/l #l - Big Smile

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

#2 is Helaman - not its best bloom

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

and lastly #3 Siloam Purple Plum

Thumbnail by hemlady
Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Big Smile looks a LOT like Beautiful Edgings, same parents?

And I really like Helaman, even if it's not at it's best! :)

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I don't know the parentage of Big Smile. In fact, there is controversy over whether it is diploid or tetraploid. I have seen it listed on Ebay both ways. One listing said it was a Darrel Apps flower and diploid and another said it was a Stamile flower and Tetraploid. Maybe someone on this forum has an idea.

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

Hemlady, where did you get your Roberson daylilies? I'm assuming that Helaman is a Roberson, and you have another you posted a picture of on a past thread. Do you have any more?

Claire

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Hemlady, that Neon Galaxy is so beautiful. I love those midribs. You certainly have a talent for daylilies.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Claire, I honestly don't remember where I purchased the Robersons. It was about l2 years ago. I believe at that time, I actually had a catalog sent to me from the Robersons. I have Mormon Halo which is also a Roberson. I'm not sure if I have any others, I'll have to check.

And thanks Seeds for comments on Neon Galaxy. It sure is beautiful this year. It must have liked all the rain we had.

Heber Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

hem--I just love Big Smile and Siloam Purple Plum--- I have really fell for all of Henrys-- Siloams--- don't know why? Keep posting the pics I would just love to see your gardens. Marie

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

New blooms today 7/2 #l Morrie Otte

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

#2 - Prestor John

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

#3 better pic of Jan's Twister

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

#4 Trahlyta (actually a little darker than pic)

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

#5 Midnight Oil (better pic than I posted before)

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

#6 one of my own Lighthouse Free Gift

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

#7 - Vanilla Fluff (not looking very vanilla in color)

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

#8 - Hailey Henrion Memorial (a memorial to a friend's two year old daughter who passed away)

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

#9 better pic of Phenomenal Phoenix (one of my own)

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

#l0 Butterpat

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

#ll - Satin Silk - a lovely flamingo pink tet

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

#l2 - Rosy Lights

Thumbnail by hemlady
(Zone 5a)

Oh my goodness!! I don't think my greed can stand to see anymore and my poor heart can't stand it either.
Of course most of you know that I am greedy and I want every daylily I see here, picking one or two (well ok five or ten who's counting) to buy next season is going to be a very hard decision.
What's a greedy daylily addict to do? lol.

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

I really like Rosy Lights, so unusual with that big green eye.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Hem - I really like that latest pic of Phenomenal Phoenix. As I am not an EBay user is there a way for someone to buy outside of EBay?

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Langbr, I am not sure that I am going to sell any of it this year. I lost 3 plants of it to crown rot in the spring because of all the rain we had here. But I will check at the end of the summer and see how much multiplication I have had and if I have enough, I will contact you. This plant increases fairly rapidly, so I may have enough. I will add you to my list of fall trades.

Cynthia

Sacramento, CA

Just joined, this is my first message. After seeing all of those magnificent daylilies I just couldn't remain quiet. I have two lilies, both the same kind. Now I know that I will planting many more daylilies. Not the $150.00 kind tho. Hope there are some less expensive, beautiful daylilies out there. Thank you for sharing all that beauty. It took my breath away!!
Monterey Peninsula Sandi

This message was edited Jul 6, 2004 5:03 PM

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Hallo Sandi,
WELCOME to the Group.I am a new Member as of just a few Weeks ago and I enjoy the Gardening Forums tremendously.Most Members are so knowledgeable and sharing .You WILL enjoy it ...I guarantee it :-)
Brigitte

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hiro!!! Welcome!

DG is so great- i've been here a year and let me tell you something- this is the best forum I have ever been to!
I have a pretty double orange Daylily- only one though- maybe by next year it will have put off some babies- if you remind me I'll send you one for shipping. :)
I also have some regular orange and yellow if you want them now?
You can probably buy these at a garden center for less than the shipping will be though.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Cynthia - thanks so much for the info and status on Phenom. Phx. Please do put me on your list for the fall, so sorry to hear of the weather wreaking havoc on your babies! What a shame!

Hiro - A big hearty DG Midwest Welcome!!! Sit down a spell and soak up all the delightful posts and pics!

Novelty Number

Wayside Painted Lady

Photo doesn't do this one justice, you can see it a mile away, it is just unbelievably vibrant and bright.

Deborah Kay

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.