So,whats growing on your deck this summer????

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

gabagoo...thanks for the info. I was wondering about potting up some of my daylilies but was afraid to lose them over the first winter.

Now, the Hostas I have experience with. Mine were planted in half-barrels at the base of young evergreen trees. I was totally amazed to see them break the surface after an extremely hard winter. (But you have to remember, these particular hostas actually managed to LIVE after 30 days of being under water in the 2000 flood on the upper Mississippi River...:-D so they *might* have had a little "built-in" fortitude. LOL )
~julie~

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Hi Sherrylike, Sorry I didn't come back here sooner, have been on vacation, To answer your question, I do make lye soap, You have to have lye in all the soap for it to saponify and turn into soap, bad part of making soap, but it's worth it in the end. LOL

Now as for Florida, I just got back a couple days ago, and looky what I brought with me. LOL Dh stopped at all the lowes , walmarts, and homedepots along the way and I racked up. It was mostly all tropicals

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

kathy_ann...
:-O
And you still had room for luggage??? ;-)
What a haul you made...SUPER DH, you got there!
~julie~

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Yeah, he never complained a bit, about stopping at all those places, in fact he mentioned several times, hey there's a walmart. LOL We had a pull behind travel trailer we took with us, I had all the sinks and bath tub filled with plants LOL,

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Kathy_ann, LOL! I would LOVE to have seen THIS trip!
~julie~

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Yep, it was a sight LOL, I got such a good hubby, LOL

kathy

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

I've been watching this thread drooling, yall have such beautiful decks and container gardens!! I finally got pictures of mine and want to share-- it's messy at the moment, but I love it. All my plants are on the patio at my brother's house, I'm housesitting for him all summer - and I'm loving the space.

Thumbnail by art_n_garden

View from the backyard, of my tomatoes, ee's and plumeria.

and the deck area where I keep my seedlings and lower light plants.

P.s. Kathy-- wow!! what a trip. I've always wanted to do a Home Depot tour when I'm on roadtrips, but I've never dared asked my fiance for fear that he might laugh at me :) lol! He'd say, You have enough plants, we need to save for a house! After we get that house though....he better watch out!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Looks great Art,question in the last pic in the middle on the floor of the deck,is that a philo selloum or a rice paper plant or a monstera,or what!

Ya know, to the best of my knowledge I think it's a Papaya. Just a guess though because I bought it as a 'Assorted Tropical' and it was just $3.50 ...I'll get a better pic and see what yall think.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well,you know I have a bunch of seedlings of papayas,and thought just maybe then naw,couldn't be,so I thoght I would ask.Well wasn't sure if they could be that bushy with foliage.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.