So,whats growing on your deck this summer????

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

By the way tropicman what is that lavender looking flower in the upper right of your first pic? Awesome patio BTW. Makes me want to go clean mine.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

What a great looking yard, delphiniumdiva!!
Great pictures!

Trois

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

Here are a couple of pics from my deck. It's SO great to have people that can appreciate this stuff!

Thumbnail by Gardengirl1204
Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

Another view....

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

This is my Wistera. My DH built the arbor for it to grow on.

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

My latest project...the entrance into my garden.

East Prairie, MO(Zone 7a)

Julie that is what I did before now that I remember it. I did cut it in half and put it in a glass of water with toothpicks to hold it up. I will cut this one in half and see what it does.

Sami

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Great looking patio. Great pictures!

Trois

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Sami, do you know if they can be transplanted into soil? (I guess one way to find out is to try it, eh? ;-))

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Man I love looking at all these pictures,like looking thru better homes and garden magazine!!
I going to start buying more annuals,for that flowering affect,that you all have,but my shade cloth won't allow enough sun in for those flowering annuals.
Delpdiva,thats a rose of sharon tree,I believe minerva,is the variety.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Thought it might be but couldn't be sure.

Gardengirl - fab. pics! Gorgeous patio!

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

Hey! T-Man. This was two weeks into the Petunias.

Thumbnail by RichSwanner

This is 8 weeks later. Color is easy to pull. This is on my patio.There all over the back and behind the Bouganvillea. In the daytime same colors as the first shot.I just ran out and took this!

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

I love your potatoe vine Gardengirl!

delphiniumdiva, your lil rock garden with the "spilled" container is great!

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you all for your kind comments! My gardening is my therapy - cheaper then a shrink!

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Not the way I do it!LOL!

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL!!! You're probably right - my husband would certainly agree! Too bad they don't have a HMO for gardening! Standard co-pay on all plants!

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Gardengirl...I love your garden entry "mat"...and as for therapy, I *know* my husband has been wondering if the doctor's bills wouldn't be cheaper than MY new hobby! :-D (I always did love making MUD pies...unfortunately, DH can't appreciate my "cooking."

Delphinumdiva...I'm a real pushover for 'cracked pots!' Thanks for showing us yours.

Great ideas...hope you keep them coming.

Julie sorry didn't get back to you on the sweet potato vine but have been with my little grandson for the last two days and just got on my pc. Yes after mine rooted I planted them in the soil and they did really good.

Sami

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Hey Monterey,do you have to water them everyday?
And are they consided those new purple wave petunias,I thought they only come in the purple color!
I've tried petunias in the past and they always became sticky,has the ever happened to yours,and they sure grow fast there,you liguid feed or grainular feed yours?

I think they are the new wave. Go to petunia ultra mix type that in at the database. I took that flash last night just to show you.I use 10-52-10 when I want flowers and 15-30-15 for all-around growth that's water-soluble by Miracale-Gro.Thier names are Bloom buster and all around.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Oh My!
Never knew there was so many different varities of petunias.
I only have the mexican petunias vine,its over 7frt tall and produces several flowers everyday,but they only last a day too!

They last a week or more and stay real colorful as you can see. I will take some morning shots after the red gun turns on(the sun). That way the true colors show. When you take a pic early or late the colors go blue. Later the true color comes up. Same flower early.7AM.

Thumbnail by RichSwanner

Same flower 11:30 AM.Trip huh?

Thumbnail by RichSwanner

You can defeat the problem by using flash. I found I have to turn mine down to 33per cent and remove my lens hood.It can work in other ways .

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Great looking containers all...somebody has got to tell me how to grow PETUNIAS! PLEASE! I have mananged to kill every petunia I ever bought and I've planted them every where trying to find a spot they like..in the ground in the sun in the shade, water 'em-no water...etc..... they are so pretty. Is it my heat humidity ?? Texas SUPER heat & humidity? Any pointers???

Lovely photos Tropicman & Monetery

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Thanks Sami, I think I'll get mine into a container today! I LOVE experimenting! Especially when there are fun people to help me out. ;-)

Thanks again!
~julie~

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Guess I'll join this zany group and post one of my pics taken yesterday. Wish I could grow petunias, but not enough sun. I used to grow them from seed every year, but I only have a north facing balcony with one end facing west. I'm experimenting with roses this year at the west end. So far so good, but I won't know for sure until the end of the summer. This is the east end of my balcony.

Thumbnail by revclaus
Petaluma, CA(Zone 9a)

Love seeing everyone's pics & getting some great ideas to try.
Mine are mini roses, keep in the house during winter then out on deck during summer.
Thanks for letting me share;)

Thumbnail by kwells
Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

kwells,

Those are lovely roses.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

MsCritter - I manage to grow petunias in New Orleans by planting them in the fall when the weather starts to cool off. Then they sit there and do nothing till about March, and WHAM! Petunia explosion! A cheapo six pack or four incher will literally cover a large container in two weeks. They last till about the beginning of June, when I replace them with torenias and melampodium. Dan Gill, our local radio plant guru from LSU, recommends this and it really works. The local nurseries have all started carrying petunias in the fall - used to be really hard to find them then. Thank you Dan!

BTW kwells that is one awesome deck! I am so inspired! Good thing hubby has the checkbook!

Petaluma, CA(Zone 9a)

Honibee & delphiniumdiva, thank you! My Visa bill has definately gone through the roof or umbrella:) since I joined DG. All those garden watchdog companies to order goodies from...all the new plants I've learned about & just have to have..on & on..
Thank you also on the petunia tips, I'm sure going to try the fall planting here.
My "boot" & basset
:) Kathy

Thumbnail by kwells
The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you so much delphiniumdiva! I'll try that.

Kwells I love your plant stands. Where on earth did you find those? Your mini roses are beautiful.

sami

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

I know - those are gorgeous. They look like they cost $$$. Please don't tell me you found them at Walmart for $20. Or, actually, do tell me!

Petaluma, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi, I ordered them online from Lee Valley Tools, called "Three Tier Hayrack planters, $34.50, can't remember what shipping was, but I ordered other stuff too:) I couldn't find these locally, I wish Wally world did carry them!
I hope this link works to Lee VT page:
Kathy
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.asp?page=45825&category=2,2220,33198&abspage=1&ccurrency=2&SID=

Mr T! Here is the shot with better lighting. A lot of times there are more flowers than this. This came from a six pack for $1.98.

Thumbnail by RichSwanner

thanks for the site Kathy.

I think I will order one for myself and one for my daughter. They are really cool looking.

Sami

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Monterey,you have the timing down great for catching the best shot!!!
Notice your not a big fan of the color yellow,also with a lot of others that posted pics on here as well,is there any reason why?
I find the yellows and blues and oranges are very eye catching,the hot colors seem to catch the eye first,and stand out the most,besides I think there very tropical!!!

I do have a few.

Thumbnail by RichSwanner

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.